The Streamy Awards - The Hollywood Monster?

  • Michael Sullivan
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2009
      "Are we recreating the Hollywood monster? Well, if the monster is a monster
      who needs recognition and validation for the work it has labored over, if it
      is the monster of ideas and creation, then yes. But as long as the internet
      is free, so is the monster. Our monster is not behind a walled garden, our
      monster is constantly recreated with a great story, a camera and an internet
      connection. As long as that is true, and as long as we keep the conversation
      open, our monster is pretty bad ass."

      http://www.zadidiaz.com/home/2009/3/31/1st-annual-streamy-awards-once-in-a-lifetime.html

      And to think i almost posted something insulting! Zadi's post here changed
      my mind.

      Cheers!

      Sull

    • Jeffrey Taylor
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 8:18 AM
        The Streamys were far from perfect, but there were as many steps in the
        right direction as there were in the same or wrong direction. If we want
        more independents like Zadi and Steve to be recognized for their exemplary
        work, I think we're going to have to concentrate more on where we create
        partisan rancor.

        2009/3/31 Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@...>

        > "Are we recreating the Hollywood monster? Well, if the monster is a
        > monster
        > who needs recognition and validation for the work it has labored over, if
        > it
        > is the monster of ideas and creation, then yes. But as long as the internet
        > is free, so is the monster. Our monster is not behind a walled garden, our
        > monster is constantly recreated with a great story, a camera and an
        > internet
        > connection. As long as that is true, and as long as we keep the
        > conversation
        > open, our monster is pretty bad ass."
        >

        > http://www.zadidiaz.com/home/2009/3/31/1st-annual-streamy-awards-once-in-a-lifetime.html
        >
        > And to think i almost posted something insulting! Zadi's post here changed
        > my mind.
        >
        > Cheers!
        >
        > Sull

        Jeffrey Taylor
        912 Cole St, #349
        San Francisco, CA 94117
        USA
        Mobile: +14157281264
        Fax: +33177722734
        http://twitter.com/jeffreytaylor
        http://organicconversations.com

      • Jeffrey Taylor
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1 8:18 AM
          Oops. last sentence should read:

          If we want more independents like Zadi and Steve to be recognized for their
          exemplary work, I think we're going to have to concentrate more on where we
          agree than on partisan rancor.

          --
          Jeffrey Taylor
          912 Cole St, #349
          San Francisco, CA 94117
          USA
          Mobile: +14157281264
          Fax: +33177722734
          http://twitter.com/jeffreytaylor
          http://organicconversations.com

        • Rupert
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1 8:41 AM
            Yeah, but the first version was funnier.

          • Jan McLaughlin
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2 5:13 AM
              Point, Rupert. Point.

              [Wild giggles]

              Jan

              Jan McLaughlin
              Production Sound Mixer
              air = 862-571-5334
              aim = janofsound
              skype = janmclaughlin

              On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:

              > Yeah, but the first version was funnier.
              >
              > On 1-Apr-09, at 8:18 AM, Jeffrey Taylor wrote:
              >
              > > Oops. last sentence should read:
              > >
              > > If we want more independents like Zadi and Steve to be recognized
              > > for their
              > > exemplary work, I think we're going to have to concentrate more on
              > > where we
              > > agree than on partisan rancor.
              > >
              > > 2009/4/1 Jeffrey Taylor <thejeffreytaylor@...>
              > >
              > > > The Streamys were far from perfect, but there were as many steps
              > > in the
              > > > right direction as there were in the same or wrong direction. If
              > > we want
              > > > more independents like Zadi and Steve to be recognized for their
              > > exemplary
              > > > work, I think we're going to have to concentrate more on where we
              > > create
              > > > partisan rancor.
              > > >
              > > > 2009/3/31 Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@...>
              > > >
              > > > "Are we recreating the Hollywood monster? Well, if the monster is a
              > > over, if
              > > garden, our
              > > >>

              > http://www.zadidiaz.com/home/2009/3/31/1st-annual-streamy-awards-once-in-a-lifetime.html

              > > here changed

              > > > Jeffrey Taylor
              > > > 912 Cole St, #349
              > > > San Francisco, CA 94117
              > > > USA
              > > > Mobile: +14157281264
              > > > Fax: +33177722734
              > > > http://twitter.com/jeffreytaylor
              > > > http://organicconversations.com
              > > >

              > > --
              > > Jeffrey Taylor
              > > 912 Cole St, #349
              > > San Francisco, CA 94117
              > > USA
              > > Mobile: +14157281264
              > > Fax: +33177722734
              > > http://twitter.com/jeffreytaylor
              > > http://organicconversations.com

            • Irina
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 8 1:36 AM
                a very smart man said to me after the streamys --

                "you never know what you're gonna get on the internet"

                so of course hollywood award nights are always gonna be glam, fun, exclusive
                and expensive
                but who KNOWS what will actually happen with online video no matter how much
                money is thrown at it

                http://geekentertainment.tv