Video blogging history/evolution

  • gintaras.miskinis
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 30, 2009
      Hello,

      First of all I would like to apologize for my English, which is not very
      good. Secondly, I would like to introduce myself: I am a student from
      Lithuania (Europe), my name is Gintaras (in English - "amberman" ;D).

      I am a final course student at Vilnius University, communication faculty
      and writing the final course paper about blogging evolution (from blog,
      to micro blog). The theme also includes video blog, that's why I write
      here, and have a question:

      Are there in this group any posts or links to the sources where I could
      find historical events in video blogging? I tried google'ing, but the
      most valuable source as I have found is - Jay Dedman's "videoblogging"
      book, where, however, I missed "history" (detailed) chapter...

      I would be very grateful if you could show me the direction where I
      could look for further reading, because, sadly, in scientific course
      papers (like mine), I cannot use "unreliable" information sources, such
      as blogs like
      <http://poorbuthappy.com/ease/archives/2007/01/27/3465/a-brief-and-perso\
      nal-history-of-videoblogging> Peter Van's
      <http://poorbuthappy.com/ease/archives/2007/01/27/3465/a-brief-and-perso\
      nal-history-of-videoblogging#comments> ;/

      Thank you very much.

    • miglsd27
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 31, 2009
        Chuck Olsen did a documentary about it called "Blogumentary", he published it for free at least here <http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8920472176280937346>. Not a bad place to startÂ… and I get a small appearence on it ;).

        Miguel.

        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 31, 2009
          > Are there in this group any posts or links to the sources where I could
          > find historical events in video blogging? I tried google'ing, but the
          > most valuable source as I have found is - Jay Dedman's "videoblogging"
          > book, where, however, I missed "history" (detailed) chapter...
          >
          > I would be very grateful if you could show me the direction where I
          > could look for further reading, because, sadly, in scientific course
          > papers (like mine), I cannot use "unreliable" information sources, such
          > as blogs like
          > <http://poorbuthappy.com/ease/archives/2007/01/27/3465/a-brief-and-perso\
          > nal-history-of-videoblogging> Peter Van's
          > <http://poorbuthappy.com/ease/archives/2007/01/27/3465/a-brief-and-perso\
          > nal-history-of-videoblogging#comments> ;/

          Unfortunately, "reliability" has been a point of contention. Some in
          this group may remember the dramedy trying to write the wikipedia page
          for videoblogging. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Videoblogging
          Newspapers/magazines must write about it for it to be "reliable".
          Makes a certain kind of sense. You got to capture the mainstream to be
          recognized. It's like a vetting process.

          Ive also learned that the "history of videoblogging" is wide and
          varied depending on what community you look at. This group has its own
          specific timeline that differs from people who began through Youtube
          exclusively.

          I can scan the chapter I wrote in my book if you'd like and email it to you.

          http://ryanishungry.com
          http://jaydedman.com
          http://twitter.com/jaydedman
          917 371 6790
        • gintaras.miskinis
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 31, 2009
            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "miglsd27" <miglsd@...> wrote:

            > Chuck Olsen did a documentary about it called "Blogumentary", he published it for free at least here <http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8920472176280937346>. Not a bad place to startÂ… and I get a small appearence on it ;).
            >
            > Miguel.

            Thank you, for your reply. I have just finished watching the video (by the way, saw you!), and I think that it will help me, when I will be writing "citizen journalism" chapter...however, video was very interesting to watch...thanks again ;)
          • Richard (Show) Hall
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 31, 2009
              I did a thing on history of video blogging for the Association of Internet
              Researchers meeting ...

              http://richardshow.org/show/vloghistory/

              Also, this is a video of my power points at a presentation I did at an apple
              store in chicago as one of the meet the vloggers things. It has info on the
              history of the yahoo group

              http://richardshow.org/vlog/mtv_05_11_19.mov

              ... Richard

              On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 3:01 PM, gintaras.miskinis <
              gintaras.miskinis@...> wrote:

              > Hello,
              >
              > First of all I would like to apologize for my English, which is not very
              > good. Secondly, I would like to introduce myself: I am a student from
              > Lithuania (Europe), my name is Gintaras (in English - "amberman" ;D).
              >
              > I am a final course student at Vilnius University, communication faculty
              > and writing the final course paper about blogging evolution (from blog,
              > to micro blog). The theme also includes video blog, that's why I write
              > here, and have a question:
              >
              > Are there in this group any posts or links to the sources where I could
              > find historical events in video blogging? I tried google'ing, but the
              > most valuable source as I have found is - Jay Dedman's "videoblogging"
              > book, where, however, I missed "history" (detailed) chapter...
              >
              > I would be very grateful if you could show me the direction where I
              > could look for further reading, because, sadly, in scientific course
              > papers (like mine), I cannot use "unreliable" information sources, such
              > as blogs like
              > <http://poorbuthappy.com/ease/archives/2007/01/27/3465/a-brief-and-perso\
              > nal-history-of-videoblogging<http://poorbuthappy.com/ease/archives/2007/01/27/3465/a-brief-and-personal-history-of-videoblogging>>
              > Peter Van's
              > <http://poorbuthappy.com/ease/archives/2007/01/27/3465/a-brief-and-perso\
              > nal-history-of-videoblogging#comments<http://poorbuthappy.com/ease/archives/2007/01/27/3465/a-brief-and-personal-history-of-videoblogging#comments>>
              > ;/
              >
              > Thank you very much.

              Richard (Show) Hall
              http://richardshow.org

            • gintaras.miskinis
              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 31, 2009

                > Unfortunately, "reliability" has been a point of contention. Some in
                > this group may remember the dramedy trying to write the wikipedia page
                > for videoblogging. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Videoblogging
                > Newspapers/magazines must write about it for it to be "reliable".
                > Makes a certain kind of sense. You got to capture the mainstream to be
                > recognized. It's like a vetting process.
                >
                > Ive also learned that the "history of videoblogging" is wide and
                > varied depending on what community you look at. This group has its own
                > specific timeline that differs from people who began through Youtube
                > exclusively.
                >
                > I can scan the chapter I wrote in my book if you'd like and email it to you.

                > http://ryanishungry.com
                > http://jaydedman.com
                > http://twitter.com/jaydedman
                > 917 371 6790

                Thank you for your reply too. It's an honor for me to be contacted from the book author :)

                I made some thinking after I had read your shared thoughts and just have to agree: it is sad, that sources, which are not mainstream, cannot be trusted..well, officially.

                But on the other hand, a year ago, when I was writing a term paper about "video blogging evolution" I used your mentioned wikipedia link, and this year, I thought that I could use my a year ago written info in the final paper, and when rechecked wikipedia - saw, that most of the facts where different then I had found a year ago...it was experience from practical side on my own..

                What connects to YouTube community, I think that those who started blogging didn't feel the real "joy" of the video blogging start, like felt you people (I guess), who had began from technical issues, and ending with philosophical. In a sense, Youtubers' generation had everything "put on the plate"..

                However, I would be very grateful if you could scan your mentioned chapter and send it to me (to this yahoo mail if possible). You would help me a lot.

                Thanks again and sorry for my English.
              • gintaras.miskinis
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 31, 2009
                  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Richard (Show) Hall" <richard@...> wrote:

                  > I did a thing on history of video blogging for the Association of Internet
                  > Researchers meeting ...
                  >
                  > http://richardshow.org/show/vloghistory/
                  >
                  > Also, this is a video of my power points at a presentation I did at an apple
                  > store in chicago as one of the meet the vloggers things. It has info on the
                  > history of the yahoo group
                  >
                  > http://richardshow.org/vlog/mtv_05_11_19.mov
                  >
                  > ... Richard
                  >

                  > --
                  > Richard (Show) Hall
                  > http://richardshow.org

                  Thank you for your links, I think that I will have to persuade my final paper's chief, that simply there are no sources (books), that describe video blogging history in very detail, and I think, that I will get a permission to use ordinary people experience's (who were there when video blogging phenomena was born) as a source...thanks!
                • ultimcodex@gmail.com
                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 31, 2009
                    2 or 3 years ago i made a graph here
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/loiezd/2068174027/sizes/o/

                    For people of East Europe the Vlogeurope group is also a good history
                    http://www.vlogeurope.com/blog/

                    Have a nice day all
                    Loiez
                  • Ron Watson
                    Message 9 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
                      So cool...
                      > I can scan the chapter I wrote in my book if you'd like and email
                      > it to you.

                    • Steve Garfield
                      Message 10 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
                        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "gintaras.miskinis" <gintaras.miskinis@...> wrote:

                        > Hello,
                        > Are there in this group any posts or links to the sources where I could
                        > find historical events in video blogging? I tried google'ing, but the
                        > most valuable source as I have found is - Jay Dedman's "videoblogging"
                        > book, where, however, I missed "history" (detailed) chapter...

                        Hi,

                        I've got a couple of recent posts with history in them.

                        Fans, Friends & Followers. Building an audience and a creative career in the Digital Age by Scott Kirsner
                        http://offonatangent.blogspot.com/2009/03/fans-friends-followers-building.html

                        Interview with Sunny Gault
                        http://stevegarfield.com/Site/About_Me.html

                        Jimmy Fallon talks with Steve Garfield about his new show, Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
                        http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/videoblog/2009/01/jimmy-fallon-talks-with-steve-garfield-about-his-new-show-late-night-with-jimmy-fallon.html

                        --Steve
                      • Jan McLaughlin
                        Message 11 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
                          Here are the community's collected links to articles (some of them
                          mainstream) about videoblogging and videobloggers.

                          < http://delicious.com/search?context=all&p=vloggersinthenews&lc=1 >

                          Since this comes up, anyone can tag an article in delicious to have it added
                          to the collection :)

                          Jan

                          Jan McLaughlin
                          Production Sound Mixer
                          air = 862-571-5334
                          aim = janofsound
                          skype = janmclaughlin

                          On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 6:32 AM, Steve Garfield <steve@...>wrote:

                          > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "gintaras.miskinis"
                          > <gintaras.miskinis@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Hello,
                          > > Are there in this group any posts or links to the sources where I could
                          > > find historical events in video blogging? I tried google'ing, but the
                          > > most valuable source as I have found is - Jay Dedman's "videoblogging"
                          > > book, where, however, I missed "history" (detailed) chapter...
                          >
                          > Hi,
                          >
                          > I've got a couple of recent posts with history in them.
                          >
                          > Fans, Friends & Followers. Building an audience and a creative career in
                          > the Digital Age by Scott Kirsner
                          >
                          > http://offonatangent.blogspot.com/2009/03/fans-friends-followers-building.html
                          >
                          > Interview with Sunny Gault
                          > http://stevegarfield.com/Site/About_Me.html
                          >
                          > Jimmy Fallon talks with Steve Garfield about his new show, Late Night With
                          > Jimmy Fallon
                          >
                          > http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/videoblog/2009/01/jimmy-fallon-talks-with-steve-garfield-about-his-new-show-late-night-with-jimmy-fallon.html
                          >
                          > --Steve

                        • Michael Verdi
                          Message 12 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
                            Here's some more info: http://vlogumentary.pbwiki.com/

                            http://michaelverdi.com
                            Message 13 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
                              On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 3:10 PM, ultimcodex@...
                              <ultimcodex@...> wrote:
                              > 2 or 3 years ago i made a graph here
                              > http://www.flickr.com/photos/loiezd/2068174027/sizes/o/

                              I forgot about this graph. added to our wiki:
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/loiezd/2068174027/sizes/o/

                              > For people of East Europe the Vlogeurope group is also a good history
                              > http://www.vlogeurope.com/blog/

                              Yes... Loiez, Raymond, Gabriel, Mark, and other in Europe have helped
                              push ideas through Vlogeurope.

                              http://ryanishungry.com
                              http://jaydedman.com
                              http://twitter.com/jaydedman
                              Message 14 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
                                > What connects to YouTube community, I think that those who started blogging
                                > didn't feel the real "joy" of the video blogging start, like felt you people
                                > (I guess), who had began from technical issues, and ending with
                                > philosophical. In a sense, Youtubers' generation had everything "put on the
                                > plate"..

                                By the way, are there many people in Lithuania who are posting videos
                                online? If so, can you send any links?

                                http://ryanishungry.com
                                http://jaydedman.com
                                http://twitter.com/jaydedman
                                917 371 6790
                              • Patrick Delongchamp
                                Message 15 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
                                  Ah, the good old Wikipedia Vlogging article. It actually got nominated for
                                  deletion years ago due to a lack of reliable sources. I decided to clean it
                                  up and begin contributing sources to it and I managed to change the outcome
                                  of the vote. Let's just say it was a..uh..thankless job. :)

                                  I haven't contributed to it in years though and I agree that it has gone to
                                  shit. Pardon my merde. Let us know what you find.

                                  oh and watch out for Godwin's Law around this here town.

                                  pd

                                  On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:26 PM, gintaras.miskinis <
                                  gintaras.miskinis@...> wrote:

                                  > Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > Unfortunately, "reliability" has been a point of contention. Some in
                                  > > this group may remember the dramedy trying to write the wikipedia page
                                  > > for videoblogging. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Videoblogging
                                  > > Newspapers/magazines must write about it for it to be "reliable".
                                  > > Makes a certain kind of sense. You got to capture the mainstream to be
                                  > > recognized. It's like a vetting process.
                                  > >
                                  > > Ive also learned that the "history of videoblogging" is wide and
                                  > > varied depending on what community you look at. This group has its own
                                  > > specific timeline that differs from people who began through Youtube
                                  > > exclusively.
                                  > >
                                  > > I can scan the chapter I wrote in my book if you'd like and email it to
                                  > you.
                                  > >
                                  > > Jay
                                  > >

                                  > > --
                                  > > http://ryanishungry.com
                                  > > http://jaydedman.com
                                  > > http://twitter.com/jaydedman
                                  > > 917 371 6790
                                  > >

                                  > Thank you for your reply too. It's an honor for me to be contacted from the
                                  > book author :)
                                  >
                                  > I made some thinking after I had read your shared thoughts and just have to
                                  > agree: it is sad, that sources, which are not mainstream, cannot be
                                  > trusted..well, officially.
                                  >
                                  > But on the other hand, a year ago, when I was writing a term paper about
                                  > "video blogging evolution" I used your mentioned wikipedia link, and this
                                  > year, I thought that I could use my a year ago written info in the final
                                  > paper, and when rechecked wikipedia - saw, that most of the facts where
                                  > different then I had found a year ago...it was experience from practical
                                  > side on my own..
                                  >
                                  > What connects to YouTube community, I think that those who started blogging
                                  > didn't feel the real "joy" of the video blogging start, like felt you people
                                  > (I guess), who had began from technical issues, and ending with
                                  > philosophical. In a sense, Youtubers' generation had everything "put on the
                                  > plate"..
                                  >
                                  > However, I would be very grateful if you could scan your mentioned chapter
                                  > and send it to me (to this yahoo mail if possible). You would help me a lot.
                                  >
                                  > Thanks again and sorry for my English.

                                • Rupert
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
                                    Cue mass googling of Godwin's law. That's funny.
                                    I liked this from the Wikipedia entry for Godwin's law:
                                    In a Christmas Day review of The Spirit, New York Times movie critic
                                    A.O. Scott suggested that "a similar axiom" to Godwin's Law, "applied
                                    to Hollywood, would stipulate that every movie star must eventually
                                    dress up in a German military uniform."

                                  • ~ FluxRostrum
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
                                      howdy Gintaras,

                                      what is sad to me (as someone who video Blogs documentary/news pieces)
                                      is this line of thought (which is not unique to you)
                                      that mainstream is trustworthy and independent is not.

                                      " it is sad, that sources, which are not mainstream,
                                      cannot be trusted..well, officially."
                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                      If mainstream was trustworthy I would NEVER have been a video blogger.
                                      It was the main reason I choose to do this.

                                      You might want to be as skeptical of the mainstream as you are of independents.

                                      MAINSTREAM is controlled by the major corporations of the world and they give information biased to benefit their corporations at the cost of the truth and they will DENY this until death much like politicians.

                                      Independents Media sources are also biased but not toward the Corporate agenda.
                                      They are more openly biased, like an advocate.

                                      Solidarity,
                                      ~FluxRostrum

                                      homebase
                                      http://Fluxview.com

                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                      current project
                                      http://MobileBroadcastNews.org

                                      ~~~
                                      NOTICE: NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor protection.
                                      ~~~

                                      --
                                      Powered By Outblaze
                                    • gintaras.miskinis
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
                                        Hi,

                                        I totally agree with you. My words, that you cite is the attitude of my
                                        paper's chief and even university, because when student writes a
                                        scientific work, he must use, well, let's say the mainstream media and
                                        (or) scientific literature . In this case, as I've been searching for
                                        history events in video blogging, I haven't found any (except Jay
                                        Dedman's) "trusty" sources, that I could use like: "one author says,
                                        that video blogging started that way, that year, etc.", "second author
                                        says, that video blogging started absolutely not like that, like said
                                        first author" - that's called information sources analysis (of
                                        literature/journal's/posts). In this case, I just cannot compare, cite
                                        "forum posts" and put them in bibliography list, which is very
                                        formal...For me, as student and citizen, it is no difference: is it
                                        mainstream or not. In mainstream I can hear "the official side" of the
                                        fact/topic, and in the blog I can find the "backstage" of the same
                                        fact/topic, and the information I find on the blog, is up to me - to
                                        trust or not (search for more info, etc.).

                                        However, tomorrow, I'm going to meet my chief, and we will discuss about
                                        that, and the results of "trustworthy and not sources" I will write
                                        here...Thanks for posting !

                                        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "~ FluxRostrum" <FluxRostrum@...>
                                        wrote:

                                        > howdy Gintaras,
                                        >
                                        > what is sad to me (as someone who video Blogs documentary/news pieces)
                                        > is this line of thought (which is not unique to you)
                                        > that mainstream is trustworthy and independent is not.
                                        >
                                        > " it is sad, that sources, which are not mainstream,
                                        > cannot be trusted..well, officially."
                                        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                        >
                                        > If mainstream was trustworthy I would NEVER have been a video blogger.
                                        > It was the main reason I choose to do this.
                                        >
                                        > You might want to be as skeptical of the mainstream as you are of
                                        independents.

                                        > MAINSTREAM is controlled by the major corporations of the world and
                                        they give information biased to benefit their corporations at the cost
                                        of the truth and they will DENY this until death much like politicians.

                                        > Independents Media sources are also biased but not toward the
                                        Corporate agenda.
                                        > They are more openly biased, like an advocate.
                                        >
                                        > Solidarity,
                                        > ~FluxRostrum
                                        >
                                        > homebase
                                        > http://Fluxview.com
                                        >
                                        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                        > current project
                                        > http://MobileBroadcastNews.org
                                        >
                                        > ~~~
                                        > NOTICE: NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Due to Presidential Executive Orders,
                                        the National Security Agency may have read this email without warning,
                                        warrant, or notice. They may do this without any judicial or legislative
                                        oversight. You have no recourse nor protection.
                                        > ~~~
                                        >

                                        > --
                                        > Powered By Outblaze

                                      • gintaras.miskinis
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
                                          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "gintaras.miskinis" <gintaras.miskinis@...> wrote:

                                          > Hi,
                                          >
                                          > I totally agree with you. My words, that you cite is the attitude of my
                                          > paper's chief and even university, because when student writes a
                                          > scientific work, he must use, well, let's say the mainstream media and
                                          > (or) scientific literature . In this case, as I've been searching for
                                          > history events in video blogging, I haven't found any (except Jay
                                          > Dedman's) "trusty" sources, that I could use like: "one author says,
                                          > that video blogging started that way, that year, etc.", "second author
                                          > says, that video blogging started absolutely not like that, like said
                                          > first author" - that's called information sources analysis (of
                                          > literature/journal's/posts). In this case, I just cannot compare, cite
                                          > "forum posts" and put them in bibliography list, which is very
                                          > formal...For me, as student and citizen, it is no difference: is it
                                          > mainstream or not. In mainstream I can hear "the official side" of the
                                          > fact/topic, and in the blog I can find the "backstage" of the same
                                          > fact/topic, and the information I find on the blog, is up to me - to
                                          > trust or not (search for more info, etc.).
                                          >
                                          > However, tomorrow, I'm going to meet my chief, and we will discuss about
                                          > that, and the results of "trustworthy and not sources" I will write
                                          > here...Thanks for posting !

                                          Just wanted to add, that a qualitative/trusty source, is a source which is written by a scientist or other person who is accepted by the society, i.e. has a expertise in branch. As I see, he must at leased published a book? (nonsense). Anyway, starting to get a headache of this unique case...
                                        • Rupert
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
                                            Truth is a dead tree.

                                            Message 21 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
                                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSEaHyzbqTA

                                              Message 22 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
                                                ...explain

                                                Message 23 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
                                                  > By the way, are there many people in Lithuania who are posting videos
                                                  > online? If so, can you send any links?

                                                  > http://ryanishungry.com
                                                  > http://jaydedman.com
                                                  > http://twitter.com/jaydedman
                                                  > 917 371 6790

                                                  There aren't many, actually. "Written" blogs are really popular, but video - hm...There are some:

                                                  http://marketingasinternete.wordpress.com - about marketing on the internet. In my opinion not very professional, because there are a lot of twaddle and not much valuable information.

                                                  http://www.zuokas.lt/category/video-kronika/page/2/ - some video posts of Lithuania's famous politician. Videos are uploaded very irregularly (what is common for all lithuanian video bloggers if we could name them like that).

                                                  http://www.skamp.lt/ - music band blog. Actually, there are quite qualitative videos that I liked.

                                                  http://www.zipfm.lt/putiklis/?laid-pava=2&kate=9&paie-zodi=&fail-tipa=-1 - local dj's and radio show manager's video blogs.

                                                  Last year, I also tried to put some entries on our local country's "youtube", and observed the reactions, which wrote in my paper..But I cannot call it a successful project. Just a few videos:
                                                  http://www.videogaga.lt/user/bwoy.

                                                  Briefly, I can say, that there are no professional video blogers (maybe except skamp.lt) in our country, that I could name even waken up in the middle of the night and that those blogs would be at least regular...
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Apr 1, 2009
                                                    > Last year, I also tried to put some entries on our local country's
                                                    > "youtube", and observed the reactions, which wrote in my paper..But I cannot
                                                    > call it a successful project. Just a few videos:
                                                    > http://www.videogaga.lt/user/bwoy.

                                                    To me, this is what it's all about. We can email back and forth like
                                                    this in text....but now we can actually see your face and hear you
                                                    talk. If you took your camera outside, you could introduce us to your
                                                    family and your world. As cheesy as it sounds, that's really the big
                                                    deal here. It can be as revolutionary as we want it to be.

                                                    http://ryanishungry.com
                                                    http://jaydedman.com
                                                    http://twitter.com/jaydedman