New Open Source Video editor

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30 7:12 AM
      We've spoken here about how bad most of the Open Source video editors
      currently have been. Usually it's just weird UI that makes it difficult to
      use.
      Here's a new project that really looks promising: http://www.pitivi.org

      This statement makes it clear the developers might understand creators:
      http://www.pitivi.org/wiki/Overview

      Taking into account the fact that not everybody has the same knowledge of
      > video editing, nor the same needs, PiTIVi provides several ways of creating
      > and modifying a timeline. Ranging from a simple synopsis view (a-la iMovie)
      > to the full-blown editing view (aka Complex View) which puts you in complete
      > control of your editing.
      >
      > Other interfaces can be added via the plugin system, aimed at more specific
      > uses like a SlideShow creator or a subtitling editor. It is even possible to
      > use pitivi without a user interface in order to do batch rendering.

      It's built in Python and has a friendly dev list here:
      http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=100591

      http://ryanishungry.com
      http://jaydedman.com
      http://twitter.com/jaydedman