Need advice on how to offer a video for sale as a download.

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2009
      Hi, I have a 2 hr DVD that I would also like to sell as a direct download and I would like to know what is required from my websites standpoint. Do I need extra bandwidth to support it, do I need to break the movie into short parts for download, what special software is required for me to offer a movie download and so on. I am a real newbie, so what are the basic steps I need to cover from the time a potential customer lands on my website in order to get the order processed and let the customer make the download? The purpose of offering the video download is to expand the market for the product to international, since shipping the DVD internationally is a bit of a problem in terms of shipping costs, etc.

      Thanks, Ed.