Public Domain images of bands (or royalty free...) help

  • Irene Duma
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2009
      Hi all,
      I am having a hard time finding public domain or "cheaper than Getty"
      royalty free images of bands from the 60s, and the LA music scene. The
      copyright still exists, and/or it's for editorial use ( I need commercial.)

      Any suggestions? Looking for shots of The Byrds, The Beatles, concerts,
      crazed fans, Whiskey a go go, Troubador shots. I have some money, but not
      tons.

      I did find these great public domain sites though:

      -Life Magazine images (gorgeous public domain before 1923, for personal use
      only after)
      http://images.google.com/hosted/life

      -American memory. Paid for by US gov, so public domain (mostly...be careful,
      some still need permissions)
      http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/browse/

      -http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Welcome

      -http://www.fromoldbooks.org/

      Any suggestions?
      thanx

      Irene Duma

      Strange Duck Media
      Web Design and Creative Marketing
      Blogs and videos for authors, bands, filmmakers, artists and small
      businesses
      http://www.strangeduck.com

      St. John┬╣s, Newfoundland
      T 709-738-2242