"To be a videoblogger, drink lots of water..."

    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 26, 2009

      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 26, 2009

        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 26, 2009

          > San Francisco, CA 94117
          > USA
          > Mobile: +14157281264
          > Fax: +33177722734
          > http://twitter.com/jeffreytaylor
          > http://organicconversations.com

        • Brook Hinton
          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 26, 2009
            I don't think i can use the V-B terms anymore.

            I wish I could erase that clip from my mind.

            Brook

          • miglsd27
            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 27, 2009

              > I don;t know what to say.
              > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82aZZraeSxk
              > Videoblogging has come of age.

              > http://ryanishungry.com
              > http://jaydedman.com
              > http://twitter.com/jaydedman
              > 917 371 6790

              Actually I can´t see this as a bad thing... not my cup of tea or something I would look for, but why is this so bad? Have we become such elitists? When did we stop laughing at ourselves? Or should we make this a restrict group?

              Maybe I got you all wrong...

              Miguel.
              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 27, 2009
                > Actually I can´t see this as a bad thing... not my cup of tea or something I
                > would look for, but why is this so bad? Have we become such elitists? When
                > did we stop laughing at ourselves? Or should we make this a restrict group?

                As I said, I think this is a sign that Videoblogging has come of age.
                Remember the days when no one knew what tat word even meant. Now Sanyo
                is sponsoring music contests where people rap about how to videoblog.
                It's ridiculous and awesome at the same time. It's something I could
                never has imagined.

                Bear witness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82aZZraeSxk
                I love how she shows how to hold the camera, and deal with people
                watching her record in public. This style of creation is becoming a
                thing in itself.

                http://ryanishungry.com
                http://jaydedman.com
                http://twitter.com/jaydedman
                917 371 6790
              • Adam Quirk
                Message 7 of 23 , Mar 27, 2009
                  Agreed Miguel. Plus, she's dancing. Dancing is always good.

                  I made an instructional video about personal videoblogging a few years ago
                  as well:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DvHIxV2oQ0

                  On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 10:47 AM, miglsd27 <miglsd@...> wrote:

                  > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I don;t know what to say.
                  > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82aZZraeSxk
                  > > Videoblogging has come of age.
                  > >
                  > > Jay
                  > >
                  > > --
                  > > http://ryanishungry.com
                  > > http://jaydedman.com
                  > > http://twitter.com/jaydedman
                  > > 917 371 6790
                  > >

                  > Actually I can´t see this as a bad thing... not my cup of tea or
                  > something I would look for, but why is this so bad? Have we become such
                  > elitists? When did we stop laughing at ourselves? Or should we make this a
                  > restrict group?
                  >
                  > Maybe I got you all wrong...
                  >
                  > Miguel.

                • David Howell
                  Message 8 of 23 , Mar 27, 2009
                    The difference between what you made and what she made is like comparing Godard or Truffaut to Ed Wood or Uwe Boll.

                    Your instructional video is a classic. The drool moment is what puts it in a class all unto itself.

                    If her garbage is considered good, paint me an elitist I guess.

                    David
                    http://www.davidhowellstudios.com

                    --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Adam Quirk <quirk@...> wrote:

                    > Agreed Miguel. Plus, she's dancing. Dancing is always good.
                    >
                    > I made an instructional video about personal videoblogging a few years ago
                    > as well:
                    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DvHIxV2oQ0
                    >
                    > On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 10:47 AM, miglsd27 <miglsd@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > I don;t know what to say.
                    > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82aZZraeSxk
                    > > > Videoblogging has come of age.
                    > > >
                    > > > Jay
                    > > >
                    > > > --
                    > > > http://ryanishungry.com
                    > > > http://jaydedman.com
                    > > > http://twitter.com/jaydedman
                    > > > 917 371 6790
                    > > >

                    > > Actually I can´t see this as a bad thing... not my cup of tea or
                    > > something I would look for, but why is this so bad? Have we become such
                    > > elitists? When did we stop laughing at ourselves? Or should we make this a
                    > > restrict group?
                    > >
                    > > Maybe I got you all wrong...
                    > >
                    > > Miguel.

                  • Michael Sullivan
                    Message 9 of 23 , Mar 27, 2009
                      strike a pose there's nothing to it.
                      vlogue.

                      On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:14 PM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:
                      > I don;t know what to say.
                      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82aZZraeSxk
                      > Videoblogging has come of age.

                      > http://ryanishungry.com
                      > http://jaydedman.com
                      > http://twitter.com/jaydedman
                      > 917 371 6790

                    • Jeffrey Taylor
                      Message 10 of 23 , Mar 27, 2009
                        It really is a "on one hand, but on the other hand " sort of thing.

                        We wanted democratization of media, and it looks like we got it...for good
                        or ill.

                        And if everyone made great vids easily, many of you would not have jobs.

                        2009/3/27 David Howell <taoofdavid@...>

                        > The difference between what you made and what she made is like comparing
                        > Godard or Truffaut to Ed Wood or Uwe Boll.
                        >
                        > Your instructional video is a classic. The drool moment is what puts it in
                        > a class all unto itself.
                        >
                        > If her garbage is considered good, paint me an elitist I guess.
                        >

                        > David
                        > http://www.davidhowellstudios.com

                        > Adam Quirk <quirk@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Agreed Miguel. Plus, she's dancing. Dancing is always good.
                        > >
                        > > I made an instructional video about personal videoblogging a few years
                        > ago
                        > > as well:
                        > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DvHIxV2oQ0
                        > >
                        > > On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 10:47 AM, miglsd27 <miglsd@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,

                        > > > Actually I can´t see this as a bad thing... not my cup of tea or
                        > > > something I would look for, but why is this so bad? Have we become such
                        > > > elitists? When did we stop laughing at ourselves? Or should we make
                        > this a
                        > > > restrict group?
                        > > >
                        > > > Maybe I got you all wrong...
                        > > >
                        > > > Miguel.

                        Jeffrey Taylor
                        912 Cole St, #349

                        Message 11 of 23 , Mar 27, 2009
                          i do.

                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnGoLaqrOJA

                          On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:14 PM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:
                          > I don;t know what to say.
                        • Irene Duma
                          Message 12 of 23 , Mar 27, 2009
                            Hi,
                            Wondering what thoughts are about watermarks. This is for an arts group and
                            we are debating putting their logo in a corner.

                            If so, what corner is best? BBC puts their logo top left. Some video hosting
                            sites used to put their logos bottom right. Is that still true?

                            They are not into the ³content sharing² frame of mind yet. On the plus side,
                            their logo is very pretty.

                            Thanks.

                            Irene Duma

                            Strange Duck Media
                            Web Design and Creative Marketing
                            Blogs and videos for authors, bands, filmmakers, artists and small
                            businesses
                            http://www.strangeduck.com

                            St. John¹s, Newfoundland
                            T 709-738-2242
                            C 709-699-8205

                            From: Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@...>
                            Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:53:36 -0400
                            To: <videoblogging@yahoogroups.com>
                            Subject: Re: [videoblogging] "To be a videoblogger, drink lots of water..."

                            <mailto:jay.dedman%40gmail.com> > wrote:
                            > I don;t know what to say.

                          • Rupert
                            Message 13 of 23 , Mar 27, 2009
                              Oh, you guyyyyys

                              Kill me, but I love it

                              My only regret is that I didn't think of it first. And that I'm not a
                              blonde woman who looks good in makeup.

                              On 26-Mar-09, at 7:14 PM, Jay dedman wrote:

                              > I don;t know what to say.
                              > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82aZZraeSxk
                              > Videoblogging has come of age.

                              > http://ryanishungry.com
                              > http://jaydedman.com
                              > http://twitter.com/jaydedman
                              > 917 371 6790

                            • Rupert
                              Message 14 of 23 , Mar 27, 2009
                                Most of the people I've done it for have wanted it top right, but
                                whatever works best with where the action is. In my experience, many
                                of them want it not because they want to watermark/theft-proof their
                                content, but because they think it makes the video look more like TV,
                                and thus makes them seem more professional.

                                Rupert
                                http://twittervlog.tv

                                > On 27-Mar-09, at 10:14 AM, Irene Duma wrote:
                                >
                                >> Hi,
                                >> Wondering what thoughts are about watermarks. This is for an arts
                                >> group and
                                >> we are debating putting their logo in a corner.
                                >>
                                >> If so, what corner is best? BBC puts their logo top left. Some
                                >> video hosting
                                >> sites used to put their logos bottom right. Is that still true?
                                >>
                                >> They are not into the “content sharing” frame of mind yet. On the
                                >> plus side,
                                >> their logo is very pretty.
                                >>
                                >> Thanks.
                                >>
                                >> Irene Duma
                                >>
                                >> Strange Duck Media
                                >> Web Design and Creative Marketing
                                >> Blogs and videos for authors, bands, filmmakers, artists and small
                                >> businesses
                                >> http://www.strangeduck.com
                                >>
                                >> St. John’s, Newfoundland
                                >> T 709-738-2242
                                >> C 709-699-8205
                                >>
                                >> From: Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@...>
                                >> Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:53:36 -0400
                                >> To: <videoblogging@yahoogroups.com>
                                >> Subject: Re: [videoblogging] "To be a videoblogger, drink lots of
                                >> water..."
                                >>
                                >> i do.
                                >>
                                >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnGoLaqrOJA
                                >>
                                >> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:14 PM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...
                                >> <mailto:jay.dedman%40gmail.com> > wrote:
                                >> > I don;t know what to say.

                              • Irene Duma

                                  From: Rupert <rupert@...>
                                  Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:49:38 -0700
                                  To: <videoblogging@yahoogroups.com>
                                  Subject: Re: [videoblogging] To watermark or not watermark...

                                • ultimcodex@gmail.com
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Mar 27, 2009
                                    Now i love to use a QR code to sign all my internet work

                                    Loiez

                                    Le 27 mars 09 � 20:13, Irene Duma a �crit :

                                    > Top right, eh?
                                    >
                                    > Yes. I am not adverse to it actually on the web.
                                    >
                                    > Irene Duma
                                    >
                                    > Strange Duck Media
                                    > Web Design and Creative Marketing
                                    > Blogs and videos for authors, bands, filmmakers, artists and small
                                    > businesses
                                    > http://www.strangeduck.com
                                    >
                                    > St. John�s, Newfoundland
                                    > T 709-738-2242
                                    > C 709-699-8205
                                    >
                                    > From: Rupert <rupert@...>
                                    > Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:49:38 -0700
                                    > To: <videoblogging@yahoogroups.com>
                                    > Subject: Re: [videoblogging] To watermark or not watermark...
                                    >
                                    > Most of the people I've done it for have wanted it top right, but
                                    > whatever works best with where the action is. In my experience, many
                                    > of them want it not because they want to watermark/theft-proof their
                                    > content, but because they think it makes the video look more like TV,
                                    > and thus makes them seem more professional.
                                    >
                                    > Rupert
                                    > http://twittervlog.tv
                                    >

                                    > > On 27-Mar-09, at 10:14 AM, Irene Duma wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > >> Hi,
                                    > >> Wondering what thoughts are about watermarks. This is for an arts
                                    > >> group and
                                    > >> we are debating putting their logo in a corner.
                                    > >>
                                    > >> If so, what corner is best? BBC puts their logo top left. Some
                                    > >> video hosting
                                    > >> sites used to put their logos bottom right. Is that still true?
                                    > >>
                                    > >> They are not into the �content sharing� frame of mind yet. On the
                                    > >> plus side,
                                    > >> their logo is very pretty.
                                    > >>
                                    > >> Thanks.
                                    > >>
                                    > >> Irene Duma
                                    > >>
                                    > >> Strange Duck Media
                                    > >> Web Design and Creative Marketing
                                    > >> Blogs and videos for authors, bands, filmmakers, artists and small
                                    > >> businesses
                                    > >> http://www.strangeduck.com
                                    > >>
                                    > >> St. John�s, Newfoundland
                                    > >> T 709-738-2242
                                    > >> C 709-699-8205
                                    > >>
                                    > >> From: Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@... <mailto:sulleleven%40gmail.com

                                    > >> Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:53:36 -0400
                                    > >> To: <videoblogging@yahoogroups.com <mailto:videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com
                                    > > >
                                    > >> Subject: Re: [videoblogging] "To be a videoblogger, drink lots of
                                    > >> water..."
                                    > >>
                                    > >> i do.
                                    > >>
                                    > >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnGoLaqrOJA
                                    > >>
                                    > >> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:14 PM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...
                                    > <mailto:jay.dedman%40gmail.com>

                                    Loiez Deniel
                                    ultimcodex@...
                                    ! new cell phone : +33 06 08 31 96 98
                                    Skype : ultimcodex
                                    M'appeler gratuitement de votre PC sur mon portable
                                    http://call.mylivio.com/loiez

                                  • Ian Beaumont
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Mar 27, 2009
                                      The funny thing is, most people I know think the "watermark" is a sign of ultimate commercialism. In other words, the budget has come first rather than quality concerns. So, I would prefer something that wasn't watermarked, as to my eyes, it would be a sign that they were actually trying to put together a good product for viewers, putting the viewers first as it were, rather than something that sells to an advertiser first, which is what TV tends to do nowadays, everything has to make a profit.

                                      Ian B

                                      Most of the people I've done it for have wanted it top right, but
                                      whatever works best with where the action is. In my experience, many
                                      of them want it not because they want to watermark/theft-proof their
                                      content, but because they think it makes the video look more like TV,
                                      and thus makes them seem more professional.

                                      Rupert
                                      http://twittervlog.tv

                                      > On 27-Mar-09, at 10:14 AM, Irene Duma wrote:
                                      >
                                      >> Hi,
                                      >> Wondering what thoughts are about watermarks. This is for an arts
                                      >> group and
                                      >> we are debating putting their logo in a corner.
                                      >>
                                      >> If so, what corner is best? BBC puts their logo top left. Some
                                      >> video hosting
                                      >> sites used to put their logos bottom right. Is that still true?
                                      >>
                                      >> They are not into the "content sharing" frame of mind yet. On the
                                      >> plus side,
                                      >> their logo is very pretty.
                                      >>
                                      >> Thanks.
                                      >>
                                      >> Irene Duma
                                      >>
                                      >> Strange Duck Media
                                      >> Web Design and Creative Marketing
                                      >> Blogs and videos for authors, bands, filmmakers, artists and small
                                      >> businesses
                                      >> http://www.strangeduck.com
                                      >>
                                      >> St. John's, Newfoundland
                                      >> T 709-738-2242
                                      >> C 709-699-8205
                                      >>
                                      >> From: Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@...>
                                      >> Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:53:36 -0400
                                      >> To: <videoblogging@yahoogroups.com>
                                      >> Subject: Re: [videoblogging] "To be a videoblogger, drink lots of
                                      >> water..."
                                      >>
                                      >> i do.
                                      >>
                                      >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnGoLaqrOJA
                                      >>
                                      >> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:14 PM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...
                                      >> <mailto:jay.dedman%40gmail.com> > wrote:
                                      >> > I don;t know what to say.

                                    • Otto
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Mar 29, 2009
                                        Hopefully, people realize that some videobloggers can carry a tune.

                                        How come selling out sounds so bad?

                                        Topher
                                        www.christopherpolack.com
                                      • Otto
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Mar 29, 2009
                                          My bad jokes aside. Like for what was said before: for ill or good, we
                                          can post videos and share media.

                                          Hopefully it won't all be for adverts and contests.

                                          Ta-da.

                                          Topher
                                        • Irina
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Apr 2 10:10 PM
                                            the great thing is justine can get away with almost anything
                                            i know her and she's super nice and really really is very nice to be around
                                            i love it

                                            i also love quirk and would drink his bathwater

                                            and in my "turn your youtube haters into lovers one at a time" campaign i've
                                            turned at least 3 commenters who said horrible mean things about me into
                                            daily stalkers! yay for me!

                                            one 8th grader who was so mean as to say "you look like you have camel toe"
                                            only
                                            needed the promise of a glimpse of said camel toe to become as nice as a
                                            kitteh

                                            --
                                            http://geekentertainment.tv

                                          • Adam Quirk
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Apr 3 7:04 AM
                                              I took the time to craft a thoughtful response to some little shithead who
                                              commented "Fag. You should just give up." on one of my personal videos, and
                                              I eventually confused and embarrassed him into apologizing. I sent him a
                                              private message that said "I've been thinking a lot about what you said, and
                                              after some lengthy deliberation and soul searching I've realized that I may
                                              very well be a fag. But I don't feel the need to give up just yet because
                                              I'm really just learning how to make videos, and I think with more practice
                                              I'll be able to make some great stuff, or at least have fun in the process."

                                              Highly cathartic and recommended.

                                              PS Irina: My bathwater is available in sealed collectible mason jars. I'll
                                              send you a case in exchange for a Not Slutsky tee.
                                              AQ

                                              On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 1:10 AM, Irina <irinaski@...> wrote:

                                              > the great thing is justine can get away with almost anything
                                              > i know her and she's super nice and really really is very nice to be around
                                              > i love it
                                              >
                                              > i also love quirk and would drink his bathwater
                                              >
                                              > and in my "turn your youtube haters into lovers one at a time" campaign
                                              > i've
                                              > turned at least 3 commenters who said horrible mean things about me into
                                              > daily stalkers! yay for me!
                                              >
                                              > one 8th grader who was so mean as to say "you look like you have camel toe"
                                              > only
                                              > needed the promise of a glimpse of said camel toe to become as nice as a
                                              > kitteh
                                              >
                                              > On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Otto <ottorabbit@...> wrote:
                                              >
                                              > > My bad jokes aside. Like for what was said before: for ill or good, we
                                              > > can post videos and share media.
                                              > >
                                              > > Hopefully it won't all be for adverts and contests.
                                              > >
                                              > > Ta-da.
                                              > >
                                              > > Topher
                                              > >

                                              > --
                                              > http://geekentertainment.tv

                                            • Michael Sullivan
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Apr 3 7:56 AM
                                                please dont waste time trying to convince a youtube comment spammer of
                                                anything.

                                                On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Adam Quirk <quirk@...>wrote:

                                                > I took the time to craft a thoughtful response to some little shithead
                                                > who
                                                > commented "Fag. You should just give up." on one of my personal videos, and
                                                > I eventually confused and embarrassed him into apologizing. I sent him a
                                                > private message that said "I've been thinking a lot about what you said,
                                                > and
                                                > after some lengthy deliberation and soul searching I've realized that I may
                                                > very well be a fag. But I don't feel the need to give up just yet because
                                                > I'm really just learning how to make videos, and I think with more practice
                                                > I'll be able to make some great stuff, or at least have fun in the
                                                > process."
                                                >
                                                > Highly cathartic and recommended.
                                                >
                                                > PS Irina: My bathwater is available in sealed collectible mason jars. I'll
                                                > send you a case in exchange for a Not Slutsky tee.
                                                > AQ
                                                >

                                                > On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 1:10 AM, Irina <irinaski@...<irinaski%40gmail.com>>
                                                > wrote:
                                                >
                                                > > the great thing is justine can get away with almost anything
                                                > > i know her and she's super nice and really really is very nice to be
                                                > around
                                                > > i love it
                                                > >
                                                > > i also love quirk and would drink his bathwater
                                                > >
                                                > > and in my "turn your youtube haters into lovers one at a time" campaign
                                                > > i've
                                                > > turned at least 3 commenters who said horrible mean things about me into
                                                > > daily stalkers! yay for me!
                                                > >
                                                > > one 8th grader who was so mean as to say "you look like you have camel
                                                > toe"
                                                > > only
                                                > > needed the promise of a glimpse of said camel toe to become as nice as a
                                                > > kitteh
                                                > >
                                                > > On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Otto <ottorabbit@...<ottorabbit%40gmail.com>>
                                                > wrote:
                                                > >
                                                > > > My bad jokes aside. Like for what was said before: for ill or good, we
                                                > > > can post videos and share media.
                                                > > >
                                                > > > Hopefully it won't all be for adverts and contests.
                                                > > >
                                                > > > Ta-da.
                                                > > >
                                                > > > Topher
                                                > > >

                                                > > --
                                                > > http://geekentertainment.tv

                                              • Irina
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Apr 5 5:13 PM
                                                  michael, you have no idea the pleasant feeling you get
                                                  from turning a "you are a fat whore" commenter into someone
                                                  who is now waits with baited breath for each episode.
                                                  its just too fun.

                                                  http://geekentertainment.tv