Re: Xacti HD100 - iMovie '09 brick wall. Slamming my head into it. Repeatedly.

  • David Howell
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 2, 2009
      As far as I've heard, Apple isnt offering it anymore for download. I could be wrong
      though?

      David
      http://www.davidhowellstudios.com

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:

      > or download iMovie 6 from Apple?
      >
      > On 2-Mar-09, at 11:14 AM, David Howell wrote:
      >
      > Found this.
      >
      > Apparently, the deinterlace function when exporting in iMovie09
      > doesnt work.
      >
      > http://www.macworld.com/article/139124/2009/03/export720pimovie09.html
      >
      > They've written a work around there.
      >
      > I hate iMovie09. Hated iMovie08. Just another reason not to use it.
      > If you don't have Final
      > Cut Pro, Final Cut Express is far superior to iMovie.
      >
      > David
      > http://www.davidhowellstudios.com
      >
      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Howell" <taoofdavid@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Dont worry. It's not a big deal. Easy to do :)
      > >
      > > Editing compressed MP4 files is a PITA.
      > >
      > > David
      > > http://www.davidhowellstudios.com
      > >
      > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "missbhavens1969"
      > <missbhavens1969@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Egad! Uncompress prior to editing?
      > > >
      > > > Hmmmmm...
      > > >
      > > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Howell" <taoofdavid@>

      > Def video.

      > <taoofdavid@>

      > > > and pick apart every
      > to why
      > > > not to do that and why
      > These are
      > > > my settings when
      > > > camera as you.

      > camera.
      > > > You need to
      > > > Hi-Def video from an

      > > > <missbhavens1969@>

      > this
      > > > footage
      > I hate so
      > > > realized that
      > now I'm
      > AT any
      > I had
      > > > on the

      > > > settings for

      > Rupert
      > http://twittervlog.tv/
      > Creative Mobile Filmmaking
      > Shot, edited and sent with my Nokia N93

    • John Coffey
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 2, 2009
        According to Adam C from Maccast iMovieHD (06) has been pulled from Apple site.

        As far as I've heard, Apple isnt offering it anymore for download. I could be wrong
        though?

        David
        http://www.davidhow ellstudios. com

        --- In videoblogging@ yahoogroups. com, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:

        > or download iMovie 6 from Apple?
        >
        > On 2-Mar-09, at 11:14 AM, David Howell wrote:
        >
        > Found this.
        >
        > Apparently, the deinterlace function when exporting in iMovie09
        > doesnt work.
        >
        > http://www.macworld .com/article/ 139124/2009/ 03/export720pimo vie09.html
        >
        > They've written a work around there.
        >
        > I hate iMovie09. Hated iMovie08. Just another reason not to use it.
        > If you don't have Final
        > Cut Pro, Final Cut Express is far superior to iMovie.
        >
        > David
        > http://www.davidhow ellstudios. com
        >
        > --- In videoblogging@ yahoogroups. com, "David Howell" <taoofdavid@ >
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Dont worry. It's not a big deal. Easy to do :)
        > >
        > > Editing compressed MP4 files is a PITA.
        > >
        > > David
        > > http://www.davidhow ellstudios. com
        > >
        > > --- In videoblogging@ yahoogroups. com, "missbhavens1969"
        > <missbhavens1969@ >
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Egad! Uncompress prior to editing?
        > > >
        > > > Hmmmmm...
        > > >
        > > > --- In videoblogging@ yahoogroups. com, "David Howell" <taoofdavid@ >

        > Def video.

        > <taoofdavid@ >

        > > > and pick apart every
        > to why
        > > > not to do that and why
        > These are
        > > > my settings when
        > > > camera as you.

        > camera.
        > > > You need to
        > > > Hi-Def video from an

        > > > <missbhavens1969@ >

        > this
        > > > footage
        > I hate so
        > > > realized that
        > now I'm
        > AT any
        > I had
        > > > on the

        > > > settings for

        > Rupert
        > http://twittervlog. tv/
        > Creative Mobile Filmmaking
        > Shot, edited and sent with my Nokia N93

      • Markus Sandy
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 2, 2009
          i searched apple downloads for imovie06 and got back this:

          http://support.apple.com/downloads/#imovie%2006

          seems to be the place. several support versions listed

          On Mar 2, 2009, at 12:09 PM, John Coffey wrote:

          > According to Adam C from Maccast iMovieHD (06) has been pulled from
          > Apple site.

        • missbhavens1969
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 4, 2009
            I never got iMovie '08 because everyone hated it so much. I guess what I had was '06.

            Oy. More workarounds 'eh?

            Hmmm...

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 4, 2009
              I sense that you are thinking the camera is the issue. It isnt. The camera works beautifully. The software editing it doesnt.

              Dont use iMovie08 or 09. iMovieHD works fine. Final Cut Express works better.

              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 5, 2009
                Nah, it's not so much whether it's the camedra or the software to blame. I just have no desire to add more steps to the process.

                B.