Re: [videoblogging] Tricorn Live Now

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 3, 2009
      On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:
      > It's over now. Was dazzling and hilarious. Brilliant use of Live
      > technology.
      > They're doing it on the first monday of every month.
      > Next one is Monday 2nd March, 8pm EST.
      > Put it in your diaries.

      Is there a archived version?

      http://ryanishungry.com
      http://jaydedman.com
      917 371 6790
    • Brook Hinton
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 3, 2009
        I think it's rebroadcasting on an autopilot loop - just go to
        wreckandsalvage.com/tricorn.

        On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

        > On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Rupert <rupert@...<rupert%40fatgirlinohio.org>>
        > wrote:
        > > It's over now. Was dazzling and hilarious. Brilliant use of Live
        > > technology.
        > > They're doing it on the first monday of every month.
        > > Next one is Monday 2nd March, 8pm EST.
        > > Put it in your diaries.
        >
        > Is there a archived version?

        > http://ryanishungry.com
        > http://jaydedman.com
        > 917 371 6790

      • Brook Hinton
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 3, 2009
          i would love to hear people's feelings/reactions to the "live" aspect of
          this event (I was only able to see the rebroadcast). What was it like to see
          it as it was made? did the "chat" room enhance the experience?
          How was it different for you from watching something similar that isn't
          live?

          (I know I know I'm not part of W&S just kind of obsessive about these issues
          right now).

        • Adam Quirk
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 3, 2009
            Thanks everyone who showed up. It was great seeing all your names in the
            chatter box, even if I didn't get a chance to chatter back.
            The live aspect was twofold, we had our webcams plugged in, and occasionally
            during the broadcast (rarely) we'd cut to them. But the entire hour was
            spent selecting clips from each of our folders. We spent a couple weeks
            gathering video from various sources on the vague topic of "health", then
            each of us gradually built up a small library of clips in our Mogulus studio
            folders. We had scripted the first 3 minutes of the hour, but after that it
            was a free-for-all. All three of us had our fingers on the buttons, so if we
            saw a clip from one of the other two that we thought we could follow, we'd
            cue it up. Sometimes we'd trump each other with a clip we thought was better
            for the flow.
            As Valdez said last night after it was over, it really helps to do this with
            people you trust.

            It was exhilarating. I'm really looking forward to next month's. We're going
            to mix in a little more live webcam action I think.

            Also, we're taking recommendations for themes. I'm personally leaning
            towards "Space" or "Satellites", but it's still wide open.

            Quirk
            wreckandsalvage.com

            On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Brook Hinton <bhinton@...> wrote:

            > i would love to hear people's feelings/reactions to the "live" aspect of
            > this event (I was only able to see the rebroadcast). What was it like to
            > see
            > it as it was made? did the "chat" room enhance the experience?
            > How was it different for you from watching something similar that isn't
            > live?
            >
            > (I know I know I'm not part of W&S just kind of obsessive about these
            > issues
            > right now).

          • Lauren Galanter
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 4, 2009
              Sorry I missed this, looks great - I'll be sure to be at the next one.

              Lauren Galanter

              media designer / videoblogger / video editor
              www.laurengalanter.com
              www.linkedin.com/in/laureng
              610-761-4435

              On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:

              > It's over now. Was dazzling and hilarious. Brilliant use of Live
              > technology.
              > They're doing it on the first monday of every month.
              > Next one is Monday 2nd March, 8pm EST.
              > Put it in your diaries.
              >

              > On 2-Feb-09, at 5:42 PM, Rupert wrote:
              >
              > I don't think anybody has publicised this here, so I should.
              > Wreck and Salvage's hour long Live show, Tricorn, is now in progress at
              > http://wreckandsalvage.com/tricorn
              > and it's beautiful
              >
              > Rupert
              > http://twittervlog.tv/

              > Rupert
              > http://twittervlog.tv/
              > Creative Mobile Filmmaking
              > Shot, edited and sent with my Nokia N93

            • Irina
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 5, 2009
                can someone twitter it when its up next time so i can retwitter it?

                On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:

                > I don't think anybody has publicised this here, so I should.
                > Wreck and Salvage's hour long Live show, Tricorn, is now in progress at
                > http://wreckandsalvage.com/tricorn
                > and it's beautiful
                >
                > Rupert
                > http://twittervlog.tv/

                http://geekentertainment.tv

              • Kevin Lim
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 6, 2009
                  Speaking about video remixing, does anyone know of entry-level tools
                  to get into video remixing as well? What do you think Wreck and
                  Salvage use for their work?

                  Most I've seen involve live video mixing software, VJamm 3 or modul8.
                  Here's a great (vintage) video of Matt Black from Coldcut talking
                  about his Coldcut live gigging setup - note this is using the old
                  VJamm 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II_2KKYlEMQ

                  Kevin Lim
                  Cyberculturalist
                  http://theory.isthereason.com
                  This email is: [ ] bloggable [X] ask first [ ] private
                  email locator: ╔╗╔═╦╗ ║╚╣║║╚╗ ╚═╩═╩═╝

                  On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 1:09 AM, Irina <irinaski@...> wrote:
                  > can someone twitter it when its up next time so i can retwitter it?
                  >
                  > On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> I don't think anybody has publicised this here, so I should.
                  >> Wreck and Salvage's hour long Live show, Tricorn, is now in progress at
                  >> http://wreckandsalvage.com/tricorn
                  >> and it's beautiful
                  >>
                  >> Rupert
                  >> http://twittervlog.tv/

                  > http://geekentertainment.tv

                • Brook Hinton
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 6, 2009
                    Some entry-level video mixing software: www.neuromixer.com.
                    Like most of this software, though, precise editing (to points within clips)
                    and region definition in real time is difficult to impossible due to poor
                    cueing tools.

                    On the mac side and on the higher end, Modul8 (www.garagecube.com) and vdmx
                    (www.vidvox.net) pretty much own the field, unless you are into building
                    your own, in which case look at Isadora (www.troikatronix.com) and
                    Max/Msp/Jitter (www.cycling74.com).

                    There is also an open source system but I'm blanking on the name right now.

                    Brook

                  • Steve Garfield
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 7, 2009
                      Check out Collective Permanent Record

                      http://usecpr.com/

                      They put together a video remix of the innauguration and give you access to an online video
                      remixer and an hours worth of clips so you can remix yourself.

                      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Brook Hinton <bhinton@...> wrote:

                      > Some entry-level video mixing software: www.neuromixer.com.
                    • Steve Watkins
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 7, 2009
                        I like VDMX.

                        There is also quartz composer on the mac, free apple developer tool, though a bit
                        complex for many.

                        On Windows there are plenty, Resolume Avenue 3 is quite interesting:

                        http://www.resolume.com/

                        Cheers

                        Steve Elbows

                        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Brook Hinton <bhinton@...> wrote:

                        > Some entry-level video mixing software: www.neuromixer.com.
                        > Like most of this software, though, precise editing (to points within clips)
                        > and region definition in real time is difficult to impossible due to poor
                        > cueing tools.
                        >
                        > On the mac side and on the higher end, Modul8 (www.garagecube.com) and vdmx
                        > (www.vidvox.net) pretty much own the field, unless you are into building
                        > your own, in which case look at Isadora (www.troikatronix.com) and
                        > Max/Msp/Jitter (www.cycling74.com).
                        >
                        > There is also an open source system but I'm blanking on the name right now.
                        >
                        > Brook

                      • Kevin Lim
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 7, 2009
                          Excellent finds guys! Since hands-on impacts learning, these tools
                          might be something I'd unleash on students.

                          In line with political video remixing, the most "mainstream" engine
                          I've seen so far is http://remixamerica.org/