Re: Made the press with my blog post today

  • Steve Garfield
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2009
      Nice job with that.

      The still image was pretty good and the HD footage gave you a good choice of shots to
      choose.

      How did hte stations credit you for the footage? Local blogger? ;-)
    • quintanomedia
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2009
        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Garfield" <steve@...> wrote:

        > Nice job with that.
        >
        > The still image was pretty good and the HD footage gave you a good
        choice of shots to
        > choose.
        >
        > How did hte stations credit you for the footage? Local blogger? ;-)

        you can see here how they credited me

        http://www.quintanomedia.com/index.php/quintano-media-in-the-press/

        I noticed some things that upset me this morning about blog sites

        http://www.jalopnik.com and http://www.gizmodo.com

        I check my site traffic constantly and suddenly I noticed some of my
        traffic coming from these sites so I checked it out. Jalopnik.com used
        my pics and they did credit me at the end of the story but then I also
        noticed their article had over 6,000 hits. my website not even close.
        The best part was that gizmodo and a few other blogs used the same
        article but credited jalopnik.com for it and not me.
        To make things worse, when I first submitted my work on my blog I
        immediately created a digg for it. over the last 5 days i only had 10
        diggs. this morning I wake up and jalopnik.coms article was dugg with
        my photo and it was in this mornings top in all topics on digg.com. I
        wrote digg and twitted to them too on how upset I was about this.
        AFter I discovered Jalopnik.com was using my work I contacted them to
        assure them they can use my photo as long as I Was credited properly.
        Which they did. The other sites who were using their article werent. I
        wrote to them as well. Gizmodo was the only one who changed thier
        credit to me. you can witness the transactions on my twitter and
        theirs twitter.com/quintano_media and twitter.com/jalopnik.com

        www.quintanomedia.com
        twitter.com/quintano_media
        my facebook
        http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?id=837243661&ref=profile