Re: [videoblogging] Tricorn Live Now

  • Rupert
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 2, 2009
      It's over now. Was dazzling and hilarious. Brilliant use of Live
      technology.
      They're doing it on the first monday of every month.
      Next one is Monday 2nd March, 8pm EST.
      Put it in your diaries.

      On 2-Feb-09, at 5:42 PM, Rupert wrote:

      I don't think anybody has publicised this here, so I should.
      Wreck and Salvage's hour long Live show, Tricorn, is now in progress at
      http://wreckandsalvage.com/tricorn
      and it's beautiful

      Rupert
      http://twittervlog.tv/

      Rupert
      http://twittervlog.tv/
      Creative Mobile Filmmaking
      Shot, edited and sent with my Nokia N93

    • Adam Warner
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 2, 2009
        I caught the last couple of minutes...wish I would have known earlier. I will next month though, it's been added to the calendar;)

        Adam W. Warner
        http://wordpressmodder.org

        ________________________________

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 3, 2009
          On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:
          > It's over now. Was dazzling and hilarious. Brilliant use of Live
          > technology.
          > They're doing it on the first monday of every month.
          > Next one is Monday 2nd March, 8pm EST.
          > Put it in your diaries.

          Is there a archived version?

          http://ryanishungry.com
          http://jaydedman.com
          917 371 6790
        • Brook Hinton
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 3, 2009
            I think it's rebroadcasting on an autopilot loop - just go to

            On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

            > On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Rupert <rupert@...<rupert%40fatgirlinohio.org>>
            > wrote:
            > > It's over now. Was dazzling and hilarious. Brilliant use of Live
            > > technology.
            > > They're doing it on the first monday of every month.
            > > Next one is Monday 2nd March, 8pm EST.
            > > Put it in your diaries.
            >
            > Is there a archived version?

            > http://ryanishungry.com
            > http://jaydedman.com
            > 917 371 6790

          • Brook Hinton
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 3, 2009
              i would love to hear people's feelings/reactions to the "live" aspect of
              this event (I was only able to see the rebroadcast). What was it like to see
              it as it was made? did the "chat" room enhance the experience?
              How was it different for you from watching something similar that isn't
              live?

              (I know I know I'm not part of W&S just kind of obsessive about these issues
              right now).

            • Adam Quirk
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 3, 2009
                Thanks everyone who showed up. It was great seeing all your names in the
                chatter box, even if I didn't get a chance to chatter back.
                The live aspect was twofold, we had our webcams plugged in, and occasionally
                during the broadcast (rarely) we'd cut to them. But the entire hour was
                spent selecting clips from each of our folders. We spent a couple weeks
                gathering video from various sources on the vague topic of "health", then
                each of us gradually built up a small library of clips in our Mogulus studio
                folders. We had scripted the first 3 minutes of the hour, but after that it
                was a free-for-all. All three of us had our fingers on the buttons, so if we
                saw a clip from one of the other two that we thought we could follow, we'd
                cue it up. Sometimes we'd trump each other with a clip we thought was better
                for the flow.
                As Valdez said last night after it was over, it really helps to do this with
                people you trust.

                It was exhilarating. I'm really looking forward to next month's. We're going
                to mix in a little more live webcam action I think.

                Also, we're taking recommendations for themes. I'm personally leaning
                towards "Space" or "Satellites", but it's still wide open.

                Quirk
                wreckandsalvage.com

                On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Brook Hinton <bhinton@...> wrote:

                > i would love to hear people's feelings/reactions to the "live" aspect of
                > this event (I was only able to see the rebroadcast). What was it like to
                > see
                > it as it was made? did the "chat" room enhance the experience?
                > How was it different for you from watching something similar that isn't
                > live?
                >
                > (I know I know I'm not part of W&S just kind of obsessive about these
                > issues
                > right now).

              • Lauren Galanter
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 4, 2009
                  Sorry I missed this, looks great - I'll be sure to be at the next one.

                  Lauren Galanter

                  media designer / videoblogger / video editor
                  www.laurengalanter.com
                  www.linkedin.com/in/laureng
                  610-761-4435

                  On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:

                  > It's over now. Was dazzling and hilarious. Brilliant use of Live
                  > technology.
                  > They're doing it on the first monday of every month.
                  > Next one is Monday 2nd March, 8pm EST.
                  > Put it in your diaries.
                  >

                  > On 2-Feb-09, at 5:42 PM, Rupert wrote:
                  >
                  > I don't think anybody has publicised this here, so I should.
                  > Wreck and Salvage's hour long Live show, Tricorn, is now in progress at
                  > http://wreckandsalvage.com/tricorn
                  > and it's beautiful
                  >
                  > Rupert
                  > http://twittervlog.tv/

                  > Rupert
                  > http://twittervlog.tv/
                  > Creative Mobile Filmmaking
                  > Shot, edited and sent with my Nokia N93

                • Irina
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 5, 2009
                    can someone twitter it when its up next time so i can retwitter it?

                    On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:

                    > I don't think anybody has publicised this here, so I should.
                    > Wreck and Salvage's hour long Live show, Tricorn, is now in progress at
                    > http://wreckandsalvage.com/tricorn
                    > and it's beautiful
                    >
                    > Rupert
                    > http://twittervlog.tv/

                    http://geekentertainment.tv

                  • Kevin Lim
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 6, 2009
                      Speaking about video remixing, does anyone know of entry-level tools
                      to get into video remixing as well? What do you think Wreck and
                      Salvage use for their work?

                      Most I've seen involve live video mixing software, VJamm 3 or modul8.
                      Here's a great (vintage) video of Matt Black from Coldcut talking
                      about his Coldcut live gigging setup - note this is using the old
                      VJamm 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II_2KKYlEMQ

                      Kevin Lim
                      Cyberculturalist
                      http://theory.isthereason.com
                      This email is: [ ] bloggable [X] ask first [ ] private
                      email locator: ╔╗╔═╦╗ ║╚╣║║╚╗ ╚═╩═╩═╝

                      On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 1:09 AM, Irina <irinaski@...> wrote:
                      > can someone twitter it when its up next time so i can retwitter it?
                      >
                      > On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:
                      >
                      >> I don't think anybody has publicised this here, so I should.
                      >> Wreck and Salvage's hour long Live show, Tricorn, is now in progress at
                      >> http://wreckandsalvage.com/tricorn
                      >> and it's beautiful
                      >>
                      >> Rupert
                      >> http://twittervlog.tv/

                      > http://geekentertainment.tv

                    • Brook Hinton
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 6, 2009
                        Some entry-level video mixing software: www.neuromixer.com.
                        Like most of this software, though, precise editing (to points within clips)
                        and region definition in real time is difficult to impossible due to poor
                        cueing tools.

                        On the mac side and on the higher end, Modul8 (www.garagecube.com) and vdmx
                        (www.vidvox.net) pretty much own the field, unless you are into building
                        your own, in which case look at Isadora (www.troikatronix.com) and
                        Max/Msp/Jitter (www.cycling74.com).

                        There is also an open source system but I'm blanking on the name right now.

                        Brook

                      • Steve Garfield
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 7, 2009
                          Check out Collective Permanent Record

                          http://usecpr.com/

                          They put together a video remix of the innauguration and give you access to an online video
                          remixer and an hours worth of clips so you can remix yourself.

                          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Brook Hinton <bhinton@...> wrote:

                          > Some entry-level video mixing software: www.neuromixer.com.
                        • Steve Watkins
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 7, 2009
                            I like VDMX.

                            There is also quartz composer on the mac, free apple developer tool, though a bit
                            complex for many.

                            On Windows there are plenty, Resolume Avenue 3 is quite interesting:

                            http://www.resolume.com/

                            Cheers

                            Steve Elbows

                            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Brook Hinton <bhinton@...> wrote:

                            > Some entry-level video mixing software: www.neuromixer.com.
                            > Like most of this software, though, precise editing (to points within clips)
                            > and region definition in real time is difficult to impossible due to poor
                            > cueing tools.
                            >
                            > On the mac side and on the higher end, Modul8 (www.garagecube.com) and vdmx
                            > (www.vidvox.net) pretty much own the field, unless you are into building
                            > your own, in which case look at Isadora (www.troikatronix.com) and
                            > Max/Msp/Jitter (www.cycling74.com).
                            >
                            > There is also an open source system but I'm blanking on the name right now.
                            >
                            > Brook

                          • Kevin Lim
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 7, 2009
                              Excellent finds guys! Since hands-on impacts learning, these tools
                              might be something I'd unleash on students.

                              In line with political video remixing, the most "mainstream" engine
                              I've seen so far is http://remixamerica.org/