Re: [videoblogging] Made the press with my blog post today

  • Steve Eisenberg
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2009
      I would like to know too.

      On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 1:57 AM, Jan McLaughlin <jannie.jan@...> wrote:

      > Way to go!
      >
      > How did it happen they found your footage?
      >
      > Jan
      >

      > On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 1:05 AM, quintanomedia <aquintano@...<aquintano%40gmail.com>>
      > wrote:
      > > come check it out.. I made most of the major networks here locally in ny
      > >
      > http://www.quintanomedia.com/index.php/2009/01/31/breaking-news-caught-us-airways-flight-1549-being-towed-to-teteboro-airport-on-rte-46/
      > >
      > > http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2015298&l=4558d&id=837243661
      > >
      > > http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2015333&l=9a74c&id=837243661

      > Jan McLaughlin
      > Production Sound Mixer
      > air = 862-571-5334
      > aim = janofsound
      > skype = janmclaughlin

    • quintanomedia
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
        When I get any newsworthy images I go straight to the local news
        websites and submit news tips to them.

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Steve Eisenberg
        <steve.eisenberg@...> wrote:

        > I would like to know too.
        >
        > On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 1:57 AM, Jan McLaughlin <jannie.jan@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Way to go!
        > >
        > > How did it happen they found your footage?
        > >
        > > Jan
        > >

        > > On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 1:05 AM, quintanomedia
        <aquintano@...<aquintano%40gmail.com>>
        > > wrote:
        > > > come check it out.. I made most of the major networks here
        locally in ny

        http://www.quintanomedia.com/index.php/2009/01/31/breaking-news-caught-us-airways-flight-1549-being-towed-to-teteboro-airport-on-rte-46/

        > > > http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2015298&l=4558d&id=837243661
        > > >
        > > > http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2015333&l=9a74c&id=837243661

        > > Jan McLaughlin
        > > Production Sound Mixer
        > > air = 862-571-5334
        > > aim = janofsound
        > > skype = janmclaughlin

      • Steve Garfield
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2009
          Nice job with that.

          The still image was pretty good and the HD footage gave you a good choice of shots to
          choose.

          How did hte stations credit you for the footage? Local blogger? ;-)
        • quintanomedia
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2009
            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Garfield" <steve@...> wrote:

            > Nice job with that.
            >
            > The still image was pretty good and the HD footage gave you a good
            choice of shots to
            > choose.
            >
            > How did hte stations credit you for the footage? Local blogger? ;-)

            you can see here how they credited me

            http://www.quintanomedia.com/index.php/quintano-media-in-the-press/

            I noticed some things that upset me this morning about blog sites

            http://www.jalopnik.com and http://www.gizmodo.com

            I check my site traffic constantly and suddenly I noticed some of my
            traffic coming from these sites so I checked it out. Jalopnik.com used
            my pics and they did credit me at the end of the story but then I also
            noticed their article had over 6,000 hits. my website not even close.
            The best part was that gizmodo and a few other blogs used the same
            article but credited jalopnik.com for it and not me.
            To make things worse, when I first submitted my work on my blog I
            immediately created a digg for it. over the last 5 days i only had 10
            diggs. this morning I wake up and jalopnik.coms article was dugg with
            my photo and it was in this mornings top in all topics on digg.com. I
            wrote digg and twitted to them too on how upset I was about this.
            AFter I discovered Jalopnik.com was using my work I contacted them to
            assure them they can use my photo as long as I Was credited properly.
            Which they did. The other sites who were using their article werent. I
            wrote to them as well. Gizmodo was the only one who changed thier
            credit to me. you can witness the transactions on my twitter and
            theirs twitter.com/quintano_media and twitter.com/jalopnik.com

            www.quintanomedia.com
            twitter.com/quintano_media
            my facebook
            http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?id=837243661&ref=profile