Re: [videoblogging] streaming services

  • Brook Hinton
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 29 3:34 PM
      Dreamhost doesn't allow live streaming using the darwin server, only hinted
      streaming of files, unless something changed in the last year.
      Justin.tv does indeed let you stream live from qtss, but it still inserts

      Brook

    • J. N. P.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 29 3:46 PM
        Hi Brook!

        Its a trick you do. you have to create a sort of metafile that you
        build on broadcaster and then when you put that file there (DH) and
        you can broadcast. you just have to try and get the free udp ports on
        that specific server. i used it just for testing and it works all right.

        with my own server i can use the automatic setup, but on dreamhost you
        have to do it with that metafile.

        i can search for more details, i remember talking with Madge about it
        also.
        I am sure i have some notes i can dig if you or anyone needs them.

        Rgds,
        ZN