SAG New Media Contract [Was Re: Will Hollywood kill the web-only stars]

  • Casey McKinnon
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 22, 2009
      It's time we re-ignite this very very old thread about unions.

      I suggest you all read Rick Rey's blog post about the SAG New Media
      Contract:
      http://blog.rickrey.com/post/72430502/regarding-the-sag-new-media-contract

      Zod help us,
      Casey

      PS: This post is mostly for those people interested in making shows
      and using talent (or even friends) who are members of SAG... most
      personal vloggers aren't really going to be affected, lucky them :P

      PPS: I'm going to be contacting SAG for clarification, and to see if
      it's possible to make web series under the SAGIndie umbrella... but if
      not, I propose we march our indie new media army to the next open SAG
      meeting to express our opinions. I also agree with Rick Rey's idea to
      send an open letter to SAG as well.

      ---
      Casey McKinnon
      http://www.caseymckinnon.com