Site Promotion...

  • Ron Watson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2009
      Hey guys,
      Just like to share with you all what we're doing to publicize
      k9athlete.com and ask for feedback and additional suggestions.

      It's not rocket science, but I thought it might be of interest to
      some on this list and thought that some of you might offer some good
      feedback.

      We're hitting facebook rather hard right now.

      ---
      Created Facebook Page
      ---
      Created a page for the site (which for some reason is not being found
      in searches, but that is another matter.

      I've posted development screenshots and informative articles from the
      site on the page and we currently have 61 fans. Not a lot, but not
      bad either for still being a totally closed development site.

      ---
      Created Facebook Application
      ---
      We're creating a facebook Application,
      Dog Sport Team of the Week that will highlight outstanding dog sport
      performances and allow facebook users to nominate someone for the title.

      It's our first, crack at this, but we'll be adding more as we get
      this one done.

      ---
      Hosting Weekly Online Radio Show
      ---
      I'm hosting a weekly dog sport radio show, K9Athlete Radio on
      BlogtalkRadio, and we're gearing up for our second show, whch will
      feature the president of a dock jumping organization and, crossing my
      fingers, an 82.5 year old woman who just got her MACH title in
      Agility, a very well regarded agility title, and a stunning
      performance from an 82 year old woman.

      ---
      Open Letter
      ---
      I've also written an "Open Letter to Dog Sport Professionals" that is
      posted on the front page of the site and will be going out to every
      dog sport list and site I can get my hands on.

      This is a letter specifically for dog sport professionals laying out
      what the site is and how it will work for them, and trying to get by
      the fears of conflicts of interest. No small task... It's also
      supposed to be my foot in the door in grabbing a couple more
      outstanding team members.

      We will be following up with an "Open Letter to the Dog Sport
      Community" for the dog sport community and "An Open Letter to Dog
      Sport Retailers".

      Each will be posted on lists, the site and direct email.

      ---
      Online Video - need suggestions
      ---
      I will be doing some online video to publicize the site soon, but
      it's still a bit too early, and I'm not a big fan of myself in the
      traditional videoblogging role. Suggestions here would be great!

      I'm thinking of some pro footage, which I have access to, but not
      sure how to structure it.

      That's pretty much it.

      Thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

      If this is deemed not germane to the list, I'll be happy to take it
      off list.

      I just thought this would be of interest to some here.

      peace,
      Ron Watson
      http://k9athlete.com
      http://k9disc.blip.tv
      http://k9disc.com
      http://pawsitivevybe.com

    • Rambos Locker
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21, 2009
        I'll take a look.

        Cheers Rambo
        http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com

[...]

        http://k9athlete. <http://k9athlete.com> com
        http://k9disc. <http://k9disc.blip.tv> blip.tv
        http://k9disc. <http://k9disc.com> com
        http://pawsitivevyb <http://pawsitivevybe.com> e.com

      • Matthew Milam
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 21, 2009
          BlogTalkRadio is good and all, but the times that I have my radio show I
          tend to get alot of quacks.

          Matthew