Re: Feedback please

  • Milt Lee
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 4, 2009
      Hi, very nice stuff. I thought it was interesting that you mentioned
      that you saved the "best stuff" for your DVD. I find that a bit
      counter-productive. Assuming the reason you are doing a teaser is to
      "tease" people into buying the dvd - then it seems that it would make
      more sense to include a few short shots of really really amazing stuff
      - not everything but enough to make me want to buy it. I assume that
      the people who are speaking - but we don't hear - actually do have
      sound in the real deal. That would be really nice to hear too. I
      don't really have a sense of what it's going to be like - what will I
      get if I buy the DVD? Just hours and hours and hours of people
      paddling? In a way it reminded me of a lot of mountain bike videos
      and skiing and snowboarding videos. People doing the same thing over
      and over and over.....

      Having said that, you probably know your crowd a lot better than I do.
      It just seemed really long to me, and not very enlightening. Where
      are they? What are they doing? What does it take to do it? Why do
      people do it? Lots of questions, and I didn't get any sense from the
      teaser that I would actually find out any answers if I bought the DVD.

      Technically, it was very well shot - looked great! And it played fine
      on my Sony Vaio with Vista - in the Chrome browser.
      Milt
    • rambos_locker
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 4, 2009
        Thanks Milt for your feedback. The intended market for the DVD are the
        800+ people that participated in the event, ie the paddlers. Apart
        from the racing, there is a lot of cultural footage as the outrigger
        canoe is a huge part of the Cook Islands culture and way of life.

        Roxanne Darling (from beachwalks fame) who posts here occasionally, is
        an outrigger paddler. It would be interesting to compare her feedback
        to those of non paddlers.

        Thanks again for your comments Milt, taken on board.

        If anyone is interested in the purpose built stabilizing Fig Rig that
        was made to shoot this footage you can see it here.
        http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-new-camera-rig-for-shooting-from-jet.html

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Milt Lee" <milt@...> wrote:

        > Hi, very nice stuff. I thought it was interesting that you mentioned
        > that you saved the "best stuff" for your DVD. I find that a bit
        > counter-productive. Assuming the reason you are doing a teaser is to
        > "tease" people into buying the dvd - then it seems that it would make
        > more sense to include a few short shots of really really amazing stuff
        > - not everything but enough to make me want to buy it. I assume that
        > the people who are speaking - but we don't hear - actually do have
        > sound in the real deal. That would be really nice to hear too. I
        > don't really have a sense of what it's going to be like - what will I
        > get if I buy the DVD? Just hours and hours and hours of people
        > paddling? In a way it reminded me of a lot of mountain bike videos
        > and skiing and snowboarding videos. People doing the same thing over
        > and over and over.....
        >
        > Having said that, you probably know your crowd a lot better than I do.
        > It just seemed really long to me, and not very enlightening. Where
        > are they? What are they doing? What does it take to do it? Why do
        > people do it? Lots of questions, and I didn't get any sense from the
        > teaser that I would actually find out any answers if I bought the DVD.
        >
        > Technically, it was very well shot - looked great! And it played fine
        > on my Sony Vaio with Vista - in the Chrome browser.
        > Milt

      • Paul Pierog
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
          I waited around a while but no video ever came up for me.

        • rambos_locker
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
            Paul, what browser and operating system, seems like my site might have
            issues with Macs and Safari.

            Anyone else with a Mac unable to access the flash video at either link??

            http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-
            video1.html

            or
            http://blip.tv/file/1560157

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Paul Pierog <paulvideoprez@...>
            wrote:

            > I waited around a while but no video ever came up for me.

          • Rupert
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
              No - works fine for me on a 4 yr old Powerbook OSX 10.4 in both
              Safari and Firefox. Might be that Blip was having a blip, or that
              you don't have Flash Player version 10?

              Rupert
              http://twittervlog.tv

              Rupert
              http://twittervlog.tv/
              Creative Mobile Filmmaking
              Shot, edited and sent with my Nokia N93

            • l.deniel@modele11.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
                The video runs fine here
                MacBook/ Mac OS Leopard/Safari and FF ok
                ADSL 8Mo

                Loiez

                Le 5 janv. 09 à 23:11, rambos_locker a écrit :

                > Paul, what browser and operating system, seems like my site might have
                > issues with Macs and Safari.
                >
                > Anyone else with a Mac unable to access the flash video at either
                > link??
                >
                > http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-
                > video1.html
                >
                > or
                > http://blip.tv/file/1560157
                >
                > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Paul Pierog <paulvideoprez@...>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > I waited around a while but no video ever came up for me.

                Loiez Deniel
                http://www.loiez.org
                l.deniel@...
                ! new cell phone : +33 06 08 31 96 98
                Skype : ultimcodex
                M'appeler gratuitement de votre PC sur mon portable
                http://call.mylivio.com/loiez

              • rambos_locker
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
                  Thanks Rupert and Loiez, was that also the case at the blog link??
                  Sorry to be a pain.