RE: [videoblogging] Re: Feedback please

  • Rambos Locker
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 3, 2009
      Thanks Gena, I kept the best for the DVD. I shot 3 hrs of footage every
      day for 10 days, so reviewing and selecting was very time consuming.
      Thanks for the comment re running away, I take that meant it looked like
      fun, it's a beautiful place.

      Cheers Rambo
      http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com

      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 4, 2009
        Hi, very nice stuff. I thought it was interesting that you mentioned
        that you saved the "best stuff" for your DVD. I find that a bit
        counter-productive. Assuming the reason you are doing a teaser is to
        "tease" people into buying the dvd - then it seems that it would make
        more sense to include a few short shots of really really amazing stuff
        - not everything but enough to make me want to buy it. I assume that
        the people who are speaking - but we don't hear - actually do have
        sound in the real deal. That would be really nice to hear too. I
        don't really have a sense of what it's going to be like - what will I
        get if I buy the DVD? Just hours and hours and hours of people
        paddling? In a way it reminded me of a lot of mountain bike videos
        and skiing and snowboarding videos. People doing the same thing over
        and over and over.....

        Having said that, you probably know your crowd a lot better than I do.
        It just seemed really long to me, and not very enlightening. Where
        are they? What are they doing? What does it take to do it? Why do
        people do it? Lots of questions, and I didn't get any sense from the
        teaser that I would actually find out any answers if I bought the DVD.

        Technically, it was very well shot - looked great! And it played fine
        on my Sony Vaio with Vista - in the Chrome browser.
        Milt
      • rambos_locker
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 4, 2009
          Thanks Milt for your feedback. The intended market for the DVD are the
          800+ people that participated in the event, ie the paddlers. Apart
          from the racing, there is a lot of cultural footage as the outrigger
          canoe is a huge part of the Cook Islands culture and way of life.

          Roxanne Darling (from beachwalks fame) who posts here occasionally, is
          an outrigger paddler. It would be interesting to compare her feedback
          to those of non paddlers.

          Thanks again for your comments Milt, taken on board.

          If anyone is interested in the purpose built stabilizing Fig Rig that
          was made to shoot this footage you can see it here.
          http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-new-camera-rig-for-shooting-from-jet.html

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Milt Lee" <milt@...> wrote:

          > Hi, very nice stuff. I thought it was interesting that you mentioned
          > that you saved the "best stuff" for your DVD. I find that a bit
          > counter-productive. Assuming the reason you are doing a teaser is to
          > "tease" people into buying the dvd - then it seems that it would make
          > more sense to include a few short shots of really really amazing stuff
          > - not everything but enough to make me want to buy it. I assume that
          > the people who are speaking - but we don't hear - actually do have
          > sound in the real deal. That would be really nice to hear too. I
          > don't really have a sense of what it's going to be like - what will I
          > get if I buy the DVD? Just hours and hours and hours of people
          > paddling? In a way it reminded me of a lot of mountain bike videos
          > and skiing and snowboarding videos. People doing the same thing over
          > and over and over.....
          >
          > Having said that, you probably know your crowd a lot better than I do.
          > It just seemed really long to me, and not very enlightening. Where
          > are they? What are they doing? What does it take to do it? Why do
          > people do it? Lots of questions, and I didn't get any sense from the
          > teaser that I would actually find out any answers if I bought the DVD.
          >
          > Technically, it was very well shot - looked great! And it played fine
          > on my Sony Vaio with Vista - in the Chrome browser.
          > Milt

        • Paul Pierog
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
            I waited around a while but no video ever came up for me.

          • rambos_locker
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
              Paul, what browser and operating system, seems like my site might have
              issues with Macs and Safari.

              Anyone else with a Mac unable to access the flash video at either link??

              http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-
              video1.html

              or
              http://blip.tv/file/1560157

              --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Paul Pierog <paulvideoprez@...>
              wrote:

              > I waited around a while but no video ever came up for me.

            • Rupert
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
                No - works fine for me on a 4 yr old Powerbook OSX 10.4 in both
                Safari and Firefox. Might be that Blip was having a blip, or that
                you don't have Flash Player version 10?

                Rupert
                http://twittervlog.tv

                Rupert
                http://twittervlog.tv/
                Creative Mobile Filmmaking
                Shot, edited and sent with my Nokia N93

              • l.deniel@modele11.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
                  The video runs fine here
                  MacBook/ Mac OS Leopard/Safari and FF ok
                  ADSL 8Mo

                  Loiez

                  Le 5 janv. 09 à 23:11, rambos_locker a écrit :

                  > Paul, what browser and operating system, seems like my site might have
                  > issues with Macs and Safari.
                  >
                  > Anyone else with a Mac unable to access the flash video at either
                  > link??
                  >
                  > http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-
                  > video1.html
                  >
                  > or
                  > http://blip.tv/file/1560157
                  >
                  > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Paul Pierog <paulvideoprez@...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I waited around a while but no video ever came up for me.

                  Loiez Deniel
                  http://www.loiez.org
                  l.deniel@...
                  ! new cell phone : +33 06 08 31 96 98
                  Skype : ultimcodex
                  M'appeler gratuitement de votre PC sur mon portable
                  http://call.mylivio.com/loiez

                • rambos_locker
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
                    Thanks Rupert and Loiez, was that also the case at the blog link??
                    Sorry to be a pain.