Re: Feedback please

  • Gena
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 3, 2009
      Smooth playing on Firefox 3 on Vista. Made me want to run away from
      home but then I remembered I can't swim.

      I think it would be stronger if it was shorter, maybe 1.5 minutes or
      just a minute. You have great shots but you don't need to show all of
      them, some are repetative.

      It will be hard but just pick the ones that are the strongest and I
      think you will have it.

      Gena

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "rambos_locker"
      <rambos_locker@...> wrote:

      > I shot this short teaser video for a DVD soon to be released of the
      > Vaka Eiva Festival on the Cook Islands. The entire footage was shot
      > with a Canon HF100 on a purpose built FIg Rig.
      >
      > Any feedback from any aspects of the 3 min teaser would be most welcome.
      >
      > http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-video1.html
      >
      > Cheers Rambo

    • Rambos Locker
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 3, 2009
        Thanks Gena, I kept the best for the DVD. I shot 3 hrs of footage every
        day for 10 days, so reviewing and selecting was very time consuming.
        Thanks for the comment re running away, I take that meant it looked like
        fun, it's a beautiful place.

        Cheers Rambo

        --- In videoblogging@ <mailto:videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>
        <rambos_locker@...> wrote:

        > I shot this short teaser video for a DVD soon to be released of the
        > Vaka Eiva Festival on the Cook Islands. The entire footage was shot
        > with a Canon HF100 on a purpose built FIg Rig.
        >
        > Any feedback from any aspects of the 3 min teaser would be most
        welcome.

        > http://rambos-
        <http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-video1.html>
        locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-video1.html

        > Cheers Rambo

      • Milt Lee
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 4, 2009
          Hi, very nice stuff. I thought it was interesting that you mentioned
          that you saved the "best stuff" for your DVD. I find that a bit
          counter-productive. Assuming the reason you are doing a teaser is to
          "tease" people into buying the dvd - then it seems that it would make
          more sense to include a few short shots of really really amazing stuff
          - not everything but enough to make me want to buy it. I assume that
          the people who are speaking - but we don't hear - actually do have
          sound in the real deal. That would be really nice to hear too. I
          don't really have a sense of what it's going to be like - what will I
          get if I buy the DVD? Just hours and hours and hours of people
          paddling? In a way it reminded me of a lot of mountain bike videos
          and skiing and snowboarding videos. People doing the same thing over
          and over and over.....

          Having said that, you probably know your crowd a lot better than I do.
          It just seemed really long to me, and not very enlightening. Where
          are they? What are they doing? What does it take to do it? Why do
          people do it? Lots of questions, and I didn't get any sense from the
          teaser that I would actually find out any answers if I bought the DVD.

          Technically, it was very well shot - looked great! And it played fine
          on my Sony Vaio with Vista - in the Chrome browser.
          Milt
        • rambos_locker
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 4, 2009
            Thanks Milt for your feedback. The intended market for the DVD are the
            800+ people that participated in the event, ie the paddlers. Apart
            from the racing, there is a lot of cultural footage as the outrigger
            canoe is a huge part of the Cook Islands culture and way of life.

            Roxanne Darling (from beachwalks fame) who posts here occasionally, is
            an outrigger paddler. It would be interesting to compare her feedback
            to those of non paddlers.

            Thanks again for your comments Milt, taken on board.

            If anyone is interested in the purpose built stabilizing Fig Rig that
            was made to shoot this footage you can see it here.
            http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-new-camera-rig-for-shooting-from-jet.html

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Milt Lee" <milt@...> wrote:

            > Hi, very nice stuff. I thought it was interesting that you mentioned
            > that you saved the "best stuff" for your DVD. I find that a bit
            > counter-productive. Assuming the reason you are doing a teaser is to
            > "tease" people into buying the dvd - then it seems that it would make
            > more sense to include a few short shots of really really amazing stuff
            > - not everything but enough to make me want to buy it. I assume that
            > the people who are speaking - but we don't hear - actually do have
            > sound in the real deal. That would be really nice to hear too. I
            > don't really have a sense of what it's going to be like - what will I
            > get if I buy the DVD? Just hours and hours and hours of people
            > paddling? In a way it reminded me of a lot of mountain bike videos
            > and skiing and snowboarding videos. People doing the same thing over
            > and over and over.....
            >
            > Having said that, you probably know your crowd a lot better than I do.
            > It just seemed really long to me, and not very enlightening. Where
            > are they? What are they doing? What does it take to do it? Why do
            > people do it? Lots of questions, and I didn't get any sense from the
            > teaser that I would actually find out any answers if I bought the DVD.
            >
            > Technically, it was very well shot - looked great! And it played fine
            > on my Sony Vaio with Vista - in the Chrome browser.
            > Milt

          • Paul Pierog
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
              I waited around a while but no video ever came up for me.

            • rambos_locker
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
                Paul, what browser and operating system, seems like my site might have
                issues with Macs and Safari.

                Anyone else with a Mac unable to access the flash video at either link??

                http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-
                video1.html

                or
                http://blip.tv/file/1560157

                --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Paul Pierog <paulvideoprez@...>
                wrote:

                > I waited around a while but no video ever came up for me.

              • Rupert
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
                  No - works fine for me on a 4 yr old Powerbook OSX 10.4 in both
                  Safari and Firefox. Might be that Blip was having a blip, or that
                  you don't have Flash Player version 10?

                  Rupert
                  http://twittervlog.tv

                  Rupert
                  http://twittervlog.tv/
                  Creative Mobile Filmmaking
                  Shot, edited and sent with my Nokia N93

                • l.deniel@modele11.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
                    The video runs fine here
                    MacBook/ Mac OS Leopard/Safari and FF ok
                    ADSL 8Mo

                    Loiez

                    Le 5 janv. 09 à 23:11, rambos_locker a écrit :

                    > Paul, what browser and operating system, seems like my site might have
                    > issues with Macs and Safari.
                    >
                    > Anyone else with a Mac unable to access the flash video at either
                    > link??
                    >
                    > http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-
                    > video1.html
                    >
                    > or
                    > http://blip.tv/file/1560157
                    >
                    > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Paul Pierog <paulvideoprez@...>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I waited around a while but no video ever came up for me.

                    Loiez Deniel
                    http://www.loiez.org
                    l.deniel@...
                    ! new cell phone : +33 06 08 31 96 98
                    Skype : ultimcodex
                    M'appeler gratuitement de votre PC sur mon portable
                    http://call.mylivio.com/loiez

                  • rambos_locker
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
                      Thanks Rupert and Loiez, was that also the case at the blog link??
                      Sorry to be a pain.