RE: [videoblogging] Feedback please

  • Rambos Locker
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 3, 2009
      Please, anyone else have trouble playing it? Maybe Safari doesn’t like
      What about from Blip direct?
      http://blip. <http://blip.tv/file/1560157> tv/file/1560157

      Cheers Rambo
      <http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com> http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com

      From: videoblogging@ <mailto:videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>
      yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 3, 2009
        Smooth playing on Firefox 3 on Vista. Made me want to run away from
        home but then I remembered I can't swim.

        I think it would be stronger if it was shorter, maybe 1.5 minutes or
        just a minute. You have great shots but you don't need to show all of
        them, some are repetative.

        It will be hard but just pick the ones that are the strongest and I
        think you will have it.

        Gena

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "rambos_locker"
        <rambos_locker@...> wrote:

        > I shot this short teaser video for a DVD soon to be released of the
        > Vaka Eiva Festival on the Cook Islands. The entire footage was shot
        > with a Canon HF100 on a purpose built FIg Rig.
        >
        > Any feedback from any aspects of the 3 min teaser would be most welcome.
        >
        > http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-video1.html
        >
        > Cheers Rambo

      • Rambos Locker
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 3, 2009
          Thanks Gena, I kept the best for the DVD. I shot 3 hrs of footage every
          day for 10 days, so reviewing and selecting was very time consuming.
          Thanks for the comment re running away, I take that meant it looked like
          fun, it's a beautiful place.

          --- In videoblogging@ <mailto:videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>
          <rambos_locker@...> wrote:

          > I shot this short teaser video for a DVD soon to be released of the
          > Vaka Eiva Festival on the Cook Islands. The entire footage was shot
          > with a Canon HF100 on a purpose built FIg Rig.
          >
          > Any feedback from any aspects of the 3 min teaser would be most
          welcome.

          > http://rambos-
          <http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-video1.html>
          locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-video1.html

          > Cheers Rambo

        • Milt Lee
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 4, 2009
            Hi, very nice stuff. I thought it was interesting that you mentioned
            that you saved the "best stuff" for your DVD. I find that a bit
            counter-productive. Assuming the reason you are doing a teaser is to
            "tease" people into buying the dvd - then it seems that it would make
            more sense to include a few short shots of really really amazing stuff
            - not everything but enough to make me want to buy it. I assume that
            the people who are speaking - but we don't hear - actually do have
            sound in the real deal. That would be really nice to hear too. I
            don't really have a sense of what it's going to be like - what will I
            get if I buy the DVD? Just hours and hours and hours of people
            paddling? In a way it reminded me of a lot of mountain bike videos
            and skiing and snowboarding videos. People doing the same thing over
            and over and over.....

            Having said that, you probably know your crowd a lot better than I do.
            It just seemed really long to me, and not very enlightening. Where
            are they? What are they doing? What does it take to do it? Why do
            people do it? Lots of questions, and I didn't get any sense from the
            teaser that I would actually find out any answers if I bought the DVD.

            Technically, it was very well shot - looked great! And it played fine
            on my Sony Vaio with Vista - in the Chrome browser.
            Milt
          • rambos_locker
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 4, 2009
              Thanks Milt for your feedback. The intended market for the DVD are the
              800+ people that participated in the event, ie the paddlers. Apart
              from the racing, there is a lot of cultural footage as the outrigger
              canoe is a huge part of the Cook Islands culture and way of life.

              Roxanne Darling (from beachwalks fame) who posts here occasionally, is
              an outrigger paddler. It would be interesting to compare her feedback
              to those of non paddlers.

              Thanks again for your comments Milt, taken on board.

              If anyone is interested in the purpose built stabilizing Fig Rig that
              was made to shoot this footage you can see it here.
              http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-new-camera-rig-for-shooting-from-jet.html

              --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Milt Lee" <milt@...> wrote:

              > Hi, very nice stuff. I thought it was interesting that you mentioned
              > that you saved the "best stuff" for your DVD. I find that a bit
              > counter-productive. Assuming the reason you are doing a teaser is to
              > "tease" people into buying the dvd - then it seems that it would make
              > more sense to include a few short shots of really really amazing stuff
              > - not everything but enough to make me want to buy it. I assume that
              > the people who are speaking - but we don't hear - actually do have
              > sound in the real deal. That would be really nice to hear too. I
              > don't really have a sense of what it's going to be like - what will I
              > get if I buy the DVD? Just hours and hours and hours of people
              > paddling? In a way it reminded me of a lot of mountain bike videos
              > and skiing and snowboarding videos. People doing the same thing over
              > and over and over.....
              >
              > Having said that, you probably know your crowd a lot better than I do.
              > It just seemed really long to me, and not very enlightening. Where
              > are they? What are they doing? What does it take to do it? Why do
              > people do it? Lots of questions, and I didn't get any sense from the
              > teaser that I would actually find out any answers if I bought the DVD.
              >
              > Technically, it was very well shot - looked great! And it played fine
              > on my Sony Vaio with Vista - in the Chrome browser.
              > Milt

            • Paul Pierog
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
                I waited around a while but no video ever came up for me.

              • rambos_locker
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
                  Paul, what browser and operating system, seems like my site might have
                  issues with Macs and Safari.

                  Anyone else with a Mac unable to access the flash video at either link??

                  http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-
                  video1.html

                  or
                  http://blip.tv/file/1560157

                  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Paul Pierog <paulvideoprez@...>
                  wrote:

                  > I waited around a while but no video ever came up for me.

                • Rupert
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
                    No - works fine for me on a 4 yr old Powerbook OSX 10.4 in both
                    Safari and Firefox. Might be that Blip was having a blip, or that
                    you don't have Flash Player version 10?

                    Rupert
                    http://twittervlog.tv

                    Rupert
                    http://twittervlog.tv/
                    Creative Mobile Filmmaking
                    Shot, edited and sent with my Nokia N93

                  • l.deniel@modele11.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
                      The video runs fine here
                      MacBook/ Mac OS Leopard/Safari and FF ok
                      ADSL 8Mo

                      Loiez

                      Le 5 janv. 09 à 23:11, rambos_locker a écrit :

                      > Paul, what browser and operating system, seems like my site might have
                      > issues with Macs and Safari.
                      >
                      > Anyone else with a Mac unable to access the flash video at either
                      > link??
                      >
                      > http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-
                      > video1.html
                      >
                      > or
                      > http://blip.tv/file/1560157
                      >
                      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Paul Pierog <paulvideoprez@...>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I waited around a while but no video ever came up for me.

                      Loiez Deniel
                      http://www.loiez.org
                      l.deniel@...
                      ! new cell phone : +33 06 08 31 96 98
                      Skype : ultimcodex
                      M'appeler gratuitement de votre PC sur mon portable
                      http://call.mylivio.com/loiez

                    • rambos_locker
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
                        Thanks Rupert and Loiez, was that also the case at the blog link??
                        Sorry to be a pain.