Feedback please

  • rambos_locker
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 3, 2009
      I shot this short teaser video for a DVD soon to be released of the
      Vaka Eiva Festival on the Cook Islands. The entire footage was shot
      with a Canon HF100 on a purpose built FIg Rig.

      Any feedback from any aspects of the 3 min teaser would be most welcome.

      http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-video1.html

      Cheers Rambo
    • l.deniel@modele11.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 3, 2009
        Your video don't run on MacBook ( Safari and FF)
        I have a 8 Mb connexion here

        ;-)

        Loiez

        Ps : Verdi made a great job today on 24X24
        Thx Michael ;-)

        Le 4 janv. 09 à 03:07, rambos_locker a écrit :

        > I shot this short teaser video for a DVD soon to be released of the
        > Vaka Eiva Festival on the Cook Islands. The entire footage was shot
        > with a Canon HF100 on a purpose built FIg Rig.
        >
        > Any feedback from any aspects of the 3 min teaser would be most
        > welcome.
        >
        > http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-video1.html
        >
        > Cheers Rambo

        Loiez Deniel
        http://www.loiez.org
        l.deniel@...
        ! new cell phone : +33 06 08 31 96 98
        Skype : ultimcodex
        M'appeler gratuitement de votre PC sur mon portable
        http://call.mylivio.com/loiez

      • Rambos Locker
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 3, 2009
          Umm, that’s interesting. It’s only a flv flash file rendered in VP6
          codec with Sorenson Squeeze. I thought all flash videos played on any
          computer or browser??

          What about from Blip direct?
          http://blip.tv/file/1560157
          Cheers Rambo
          http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com

          Your video don't run on MacBook ( Safari and FF)
          I have a 8 Mb connexion here

          ;-)

          Loiez

          Ps : Verdi made a great job today on 24X24
          Thx Michael ;-)

          Le 4 janv. 09 à 03:07, rambos_locker a écrit :

          > I shot this short teaser video for a DVD soon to be released of the
          > Vaka Eiva Festival on the Cook Islands. The entire footage was shot
          > with a Canon HF100 on a purpose built FIg Rig.
          >
          > Any feedback from any aspects of the 3 min teaser would be most
          > welcome.
          >
          > http://rambos-
          <http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-video1.html>
          locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-video1.html

          > Cheers Rambo

          Loiez Deniel
          http://www.loiez. <http://www.loiez.org> org
          l.deniel@modele11. <mailto:l.deniel%40modele11.com> com
          ! new cell phone : +33 06 08 31 96 98
          Skype : ultimcodex
          M'appeler gratuitement de votre PC sur mon portable
          http://call. <http://call.mylivio.com/loiez> mylivio.com/loiez

        • Rambos Locker
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 3, 2009
            Please, anyone else have trouble playing it? Maybe Safari doesn’t like
            What about from Blip direct?
            http://blip. <http://blip.tv/file/1560157> tv/file/1560157

            Cheers Rambo
            <http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com> http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com

            http://rambos- <http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com> locker.blogspot.com

            <http://rambos-
            <http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-video1.html>
            locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-video1.html>
            locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-video1.html

            > Cheers Rambo

            Loiez Deniel
            http://www.loiez. <http://www.loiez. <http://www.loiez.org> org> org
            l.deniel@modele11. <mailto:l.deniel%40modele11.com> com
            ! new cell phone : +33 06 08 31 96 98
            Skype : ultimcodex
            M'appeler gratuitement de votre PC sur mon portable
            http://call. <http://call. <http://call.mylivio.com/loiez>
            mylivio.com/loiez> mylivio.com/loiez

          • Gena
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 3, 2009
              Smooth playing on Firefox 3 on Vista. Made me want to run away from
              home but then I remembered I can't swim.

              I think it would be stronger if it was shorter, maybe 1.5 minutes or
              just a minute. You have great shots but you don't need to show all of
              them, some are repetative.

              It will be hard but just pick the ones that are the strongest and I
              think you will have it.

              Gena

              --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "rambos_locker"
              <rambos_locker@...> wrote:

              > I shot this short teaser video for a DVD soon to be released of the
              > Vaka Eiva Festival on the Cook Islands. The entire footage was shot
              > with a Canon HF100 on a purpose built FIg Rig.
              >
              > Any feedback from any aspects of the 3 min teaser would be most welcome.
              >
              > http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-video1.html
              >
              > Cheers Rambo

            • Rambos Locker
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 3, 2009
                Thanks Gena, I kept the best for the DVD. I shot 3 hrs of footage every
                day for 10 days, so reviewing and selecting was very time consuming.
                Thanks for the comment re running away, I take that meant it looked like
                fun, it's a beautiful place.

                --- In videoblogging@ <mailto:videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>
                <rambos_locker@...> wrote:

                > I shot this short teaser video for a DVD soon to be released of the
                > Vaka Eiva Festival on the Cook Islands. The entire footage was shot
                > with a Canon HF100 on a purpose built FIg Rig.
                >
                > Any feedback from any aspects of the 3 min teaser would be most
                welcome.

                > http://rambos-
                <http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-video1.html>
                locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-video1.html

                > Cheers Rambo

              • Milt Lee
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 4, 2009
                  Hi, very nice stuff. I thought it was interesting that you mentioned
                  that you saved the "best stuff" for your DVD. I find that a bit
                  counter-productive. Assuming the reason you are doing a teaser is to
                  "tease" people into buying the dvd - then it seems that it would make
                  more sense to include a few short shots of really really amazing stuff
                  - not everything but enough to make me want to buy it. I assume that
                  the people who are speaking - but we don't hear - actually do have
                  sound in the real deal. That would be really nice to hear too. I
                  don't really have a sense of what it's going to be like - what will I
                  get if I buy the DVD? Just hours and hours and hours of people
                  paddling? In a way it reminded me of a lot of mountain bike videos
                  and skiing and snowboarding videos. People doing the same thing over
                  and over and over.....

                  Having said that, you probably know your crowd a lot better than I do.
                  It just seemed really long to me, and not very enlightening. Where
                  are they? What are they doing? What does it take to do it? Why do
                  people do it? Lots of questions, and I didn't get any sense from the
                  teaser that I would actually find out any answers if I bought the DVD.

                  Technically, it was very well shot - looked great! And it played fine
                  on my Sony Vaio with Vista - in the Chrome browser.
                  Milt
                • rambos_locker
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 4, 2009
                    Thanks Milt for your feedback. The intended market for the DVD are the
                    800+ people that participated in the event, ie the paddlers. Apart
                    from the racing, there is a lot of cultural footage as the outrigger
                    canoe is a huge part of the Cook Islands culture and way of life.

                    Roxanne Darling (from beachwalks fame) who posts here occasionally, is
                    an outrigger paddler. It would be interesting to compare her feedback
                    to those of non paddlers.

                    Thanks again for your comments Milt, taken on board.

                    If anyone is interested in the purpose built stabilizing Fig Rig that
                    was made to shoot this footage you can see it here.
                    http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-new-camera-rig-for-shooting-from-jet.html

                    --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Milt Lee" <milt@...> wrote:

                    > Hi, very nice stuff. I thought it was interesting that you mentioned
                    > that you saved the "best stuff" for your DVD. I find that a bit
                    > counter-productive. Assuming the reason you are doing a teaser is to
                    > "tease" people into buying the dvd - then it seems that it would make
                    > more sense to include a few short shots of really really amazing stuff
                    > - not everything but enough to make me want to buy it. I assume that
                    > the people who are speaking - but we don't hear - actually do have
                    > sound in the real deal. That would be really nice to hear too. I
                    > don't really have a sense of what it's going to be like - what will I
                    > get if I buy the DVD? Just hours and hours and hours of people
                    > paddling? In a way it reminded me of a lot of mountain bike videos
                    > and skiing and snowboarding videos. People doing the same thing over
                    > and over and over.....
                    >
                    > Having said that, you probably know your crowd a lot better than I do.
                    > It just seemed really long to me, and not very enlightening. Where
                    > are they? What are they doing? What does it take to do it? Why do
                    > people do it? Lots of questions, and I didn't get any sense from the
                    > teaser that I would actually find out any answers if I bought the DVD.
                    >
                    > Technically, it was very well shot - looked great! And it played fine
                    > on my Sony Vaio with Vista - in the Chrome browser.
                    > Milt

                  • Paul Pierog
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
                      I waited around a while but no video ever came up for me.

                    • rambos_locker
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
                        Paul, what browser and operating system, seems like my site might have
                        issues with Macs and Safari.

                        Anyone else with a Mac unable to access the flash video at either link??

                        http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2008/12/vaka-eiva-teaser-
                        video1.html

                        or
                        http://blip.tv/file/1560157

                        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Paul Pierog <paulvideoprez@...>
                        wrote:

                        > I waited around a while but no video ever came up for me.

                      • Rupert
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
                          No - works fine for me on a 4 yr old Powerbook OSX 10.4 in both
                          Safari and Firefox. Might be that Blip was having a blip, or that
                          you don't have Flash Player version 10?

                          Rupert
                          http://twittervlog.tv

                          Rupert
                          http://twittervlog.tv/
                          Creative Mobile Filmmaking
                          Shot, edited and sent with my Nokia N93

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
                            The video runs fine here
                            MacBook/ Mac OS Leopard/Safari and FF ok
                            ADSL 8Mo

                            Loiez

                            Message 13 of 13 , Jan 5, 2009
                              Thanks Rupert and Loiez, was that also the case at the blog link??
                              Sorry to be a pain.