Re: Macbook Pro + Final Cut Express 4 = Fail!

  • Adam Jochum
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2009
      Sounds about right, I've been working with FCE4 on a 2GB MBP, and it's been taking 2
      hours to render 8 minutes of footage. It's to be expected. That said, I've been very happy
      with the results!

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Sheldon Pineo" <icenrye@...> wrote:

      > Ok folks. Santa brought me a 4gig MBP and a copy of FCE 4. I've been using
      > Premiere Pro 1.5 for the past few years and wanted to switch to something
      > that can handle HD.
      >
      > I'm working on a simple sequence using a green screen and some simple
      > graphics. My problem is in rendering. First, Real Time rendering, even
      > with the frame rate set low, stops due to dropping frames so it's not
      > possible to watch the sequence.
      > If I switch to safe render, nothing shows until the sequence is rendered
      > which takes 15 minutes for a 2 minute segment! Then, if I make a change, it
      > wants to render again.
      >
      > Seeing the number of people on this list with MBPs and using FC Pro, I know
      > most, if not all, of my problems are settings, or something very simple.
      > Any ideas on how I can make this a better experience?
      >
      > Oh. Original footage is from my Canon HV30 shot in HDV mode.
      >
      > Thanks!
      > Shel.
      > --
      > www.icenrye.com
      > www.icenrye.blogspot.com
      > www.icenryelikes.blogspot.com

    • danielmcvicar
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2009
        Rendering drives me nuts on Final Cut. I use footage from multiple
        sources and premiere or sony vegas can accept it.
        It seems that Final Cut has a closed system, and is designed not to be
        able to use imported clips from or to multiple platforms. When are
        they going to open up?

        Good luck!