Re: [videoblogging] Macbook Pro + Final Cut Express 4 = Fail!

  • Sheldon Pineo
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2009
      On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Kris Boustedt <
      kris@...> wrote:

      > The problem is likely the result of your sequence settings not
      > matching the settings of your captured footage.

      Thanks! I'll check that out.

      Shel.
      --
      www.icenrye.com
      www.icenrye.blogspot.com

    • Adam Jochum
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2009
        Sounds about right, I've been working with FCE4 on a 2GB MBP, and it's been taking 2
        hours to render 8 minutes of footage. It's to be expected. That said, I've been very happy
        with the results!

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Sheldon Pineo" <icenrye@...> wrote:

        > Ok folks. Santa brought me a 4gig MBP and a copy of FCE 4. I've been using
        > Premiere Pro 1.5 for the past few years and wanted to switch to something
        > that can handle HD.
        >
        > I'm working on a simple sequence using a green screen and some simple
        > graphics. My problem is in rendering. First, Real Time rendering, even
        > with the frame rate set low, stops due to dropping frames so it's not
        > possible to watch the sequence.
        > If I switch to safe render, nothing shows until the sequence is rendered
        > which takes 15 minutes for a 2 minute segment! Then, if I make a change, it
        > wants to render again.
        >
        > Seeing the number of people on this list with MBPs and using FC Pro, I know
        > most, if not all, of my problems are settings, or something very simple.
        > Any ideas on how I can make this a better experience?
        >
        > Oh. Original footage is from my Canon HV30 shot in HDV mode.
        >
        > Thanks!
        > Shel.
        > --
        > www.icenrye.com
        > www.icenrye.blogspot.com
        > www.icenryelikes.blogspot.com

      • danielmcvicar
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2009
          Rendering drives me nuts on Final Cut. I use footage from multiple
          sources and premiere or sony vegas can accept it.
          It seems that Final Cut has a closed system, and is designed not to be
          able to use imported clips from or to multiple platforms. When are
          they going to open up?

          Good luck!