SHVH - Ojai, CA

  • jimmyjay24
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 29 5:02 PM
      Feb 7th + OjaiDigitalDojo = SuperHappyVlogHouse
      A laid-back, over-friendly, often serendipitous meetup of vloggers
      Open agenda: share vids, discuss projects, ask questions, make merry
      Info and sign-up on the wiki (password to the wiki: sh1vh}
      Newbies welcome

      http://superhappyvloghouse.pbwiki.com/OjaiDigitalDojo
    • Irina
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 30 12:29 AM
        oh fun!
        i kinda wanna go this year i'm
        gonna see if i can do this!

        --
        http://geekentertainment.tv

        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 30 10:31 AM
          This does sound fun. I live in Santa Barbara so I may try and go as well.

          -Scott
          American Cliche
          http://www.americancliche.net

          On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 12:29 AM, Irina <irinaski@...> wrote:

          > oh fun!
          > i kinda wanna go this year i'm
          > gonna see if i can do this!
          >

          > On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 5:02 PM, jimmyjay24 <onaroll44@...<onaroll44%40mac.com>>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > Feb 7th + OjaiDigitalDojo = SuperHappyVlogHouse
          > > A laid-back, over-friendly, often serendipitous meetup of vloggers
          > > Open agenda: share vids, discuss projects, ask questions, make merry
          > > Info and sign-up on the wiki (password to the wiki: sh1vh}
          > > Newbies welcome
          > >
          > > http://superhappyvloghouse.pbwiki.com/OjaiDigitalDojo
          > >

          > --
          > http://geekentertainment.tv

        • Markus Sandy
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 30 1:27 PM
            On Dec 30, 2008, at 10:31 AM, Scott Parent wrote:

            > This does sound fun. I live in Santa Barbara so I may try and go as
            > well.

            please do!

            the last two were a blast.

            last time in ojai, we had a wonderful, live multimedia performance by
            some local media makers, plus some workshops, photo walk and video
            shoots

            looking forward to another fun mini-camp

            Cheryl said something about the possibility of organizing one in
            Phoenix too.

            markus

          • jimmyjay24
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 27, 2009
              --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "jimmyjay24" <onaroll44@...> wrote:

              > Feb 7th + OjaiDigitalDojo = SuperHappyVlogHouse
              > A laid-back, over-friendly, often serendipitous meetup of vloggers
              > Open agenda: share vids, discuss projects, ask questions, make merry
              > Info and sign-up on the wiki (password to the wiki: sh1vh)
              > Newbies welcome
              >
              > http://superhappyvloghouse.pbwiki.com/OjaiDigitalDojo

              ...this is your subconscious reminding you that SuperHappyVlogHouse at
              the OjaiDigitalDojo is a short 10 days away...where's that video I
              want to show...what's the name of that plugin...how do I get rid of
              the hiss...why does Markus call it a dojo--is he a ninja...
            • Michael Verdi
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 28, 2009
                On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 6:27 PM, jimmyjay24 <onaroll44@...> wrote:
                > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "jimmyjay24" <onaroll44@...> wrote:

                > why does Markus call it a dojo--is he a ninja...

                Makus calls it a dojo because it really is a dojo. Also Markus is a
                (code)ninja. :-)

                - Verdi

                --
                http://michaelverdi.com
              • Jeffrey Taylor
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 29, 2009
                  Will any portion of this be streamed, oh wise ones?

                  --
                  Jeffrey Taylor
                  912 Cole St, #349

                • Markus Sandy
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 29, 2009
                    good idea Jeffrey,

                    I was just talking with someone who wanted to attend but can't get
                    away that weekend

                    so i set up a flashmeeting for sat, feb 7 at 23:00 GMT = noon us east
                    coast time = 3pm us west coast time

                    http://fm.ea-tel.eu/fm/c6b655-16125

                    i'll post a list of topics as they come up or feel free to make
                    suggestions

                    markus

                    On Jan 29, 2009, at 10:09 AM, Jeffrey Taylor wrote:

                    > Will any portion of this be streamed, oh wise ones?

                  • Enric
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 1, 2009
                      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "jimmyjay24" <onaroll44@...> wrote:

                      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "jimmyjay24" <onaroll44@> wrote:
                      >
                      > > Feb 7th + OjaiDigitalDojo = SuperHappyVlogHouse
                      > > A laid-back, over-friendly, often serendipitous meetup of vloggers
                      > > Open agenda: share vids, discuss projects, ask questions, make merry
                      > > Info and sign-up on the wiki (password to the wiki: sh1vh)
                      > > Newbies welcome
                      > >
                      > > http://superhappyvloghouse.pbwiki.com/OjaiDigitalDojo
                      >

                      > ...this is your subconscious reminding you that SuperHappyVlogHouse at
                      > the OjaiDigitalDojo is a short 10 days away...where's that video I
                      > want to show...what's the name of that plugin...how do I get rid of
                      > the hiss...why does Markus call it a dojo--is he a ninja...

                      Prior Ojai residents:

                      http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/gallery/2009/jan/17/rock-stars-parents?picture=341867265
                    • Markus Sandy
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 1, 2009
                        On Feb 1, 2009, at 10:04 AM, Enric wrote:

                        > Prior Ojai residents:
                        >
                        > http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/gallery/2009/jan/17/rock-stars-parents?picture=341867265

                        hey enric,

                        i love those celeb's parent's homes pic's :)

                        didn't realize that one was from ojai

                        btw, on a related note. several celebs live in ojai and sometime show
                        up in our community. maybe we'll get some great shots like the one
                        you sent for our brand new community vlog:

                        http://ojaitv.com

                        Thanks to bill streeter for some pointers (we're using the same WP
                        theme called 'on demand').

                        markus

                      • Rupert
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 1, 2009
                          Those photos are brilliant.
                          My favourite is the one of Zappa with his parents in his house.
                          On 1-Feb-09, at 10:04 AM, Enric wrote:

                          Prior Ojai residents:

                          http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/gallery/2009/jan/17/rock-stars-
                          parents?picture=341867265

                          Rupert
                          http://twittervlog.tv/
                          Creative Mobile Filmmaking
                          Shot, edited and sent with my Nokia N93

                        • Rupert
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 1, 2009
                            On Demand is a great theme. I've been thinking of using it myself.

                            My only problem with it is that you can't play the videos on the home
                            page. You have to click off to another page.

                            Would be great if instead of thumbnails, the images you see could
                            play the videos either as scaled-down flash players or using vpip.

                            Rupert
                            http://twittervlog.tv

                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 1, 2009
                              On Jan 27, 2009, at 4:27 PM, jimmyjay24 wrote:

                              > ...this is your subconscious reminding you that SuperHappyVlogHouse at
                              > the OjaiDigitalDojo is a short 10 days away...

                              Hey Jim,

                              Looking forward to seeing you again.

                              (Jim often makes people incredibly delicious, hand-brewed, cups of
                              coffee at SHVH)

                              Updated event info is here:

                              http://digitaldojo.blogspot.com/2009/02/super-happy-vlog-house-2009-next.html

                              or

                              http://tinyurl.com/shvh-ojai

                              also

                              http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/1764214/

                              If you're in the SoCal area next weekend, please drop on by.

                              Regards to all,
                              Markus

                            • Jan McLaughlin
                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 2, 2009
                                I will be there in spirit.

                                Jan

                                On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 2:53 AM, Markus Sandy <markus.sandy@...> wrote:

                                > On Jan 27, 2009, at 4:27 PM, jimmyjay24 wrote:
                                >
                                >> ...this is your subconscious reminding you that SuperHappyVlogHouse at
                                >> the OjaiDigitalDojo is a short 10 days away...
                                >
                                > Hey Jim,
                                >
                                > Looking forward to seeing you again.
                                >
                                > (Jim often makes people incredibly delicious, hand-brewed, cups of
                                > coffee at SHVH)
                                >
                                > Updated event info is here:
                                >
                                > http://digitaldojo.blogspot.com/2009/02/super-happy-vlog-house-2009-next.html
                                >
                                > or
                                >
                                > http://tinyurl.com/shvh-ojai
                                >
                                > also
                                >
                                > http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/1764214/
                                >
                                > If you're in the SoCal area next weekend, please drop on by.
                                >
                                > Regards to all,
                                > Markus

                                Jan McLaughlin
                                Production Sound Mixer
                                air = 862-571-5334
                                aim = janofsound
                                skype = janmclaughlin
                              • jimmyjay24
                                Message 15 of 15 , Feb 2, 2009
                                  Hey Markus - right back atcha

                                  While I'll be the official SHVH barista, in solidarity for those
                                  affected by the Second Great Depression, I'll be reusing coffee
                                  grounds ;-)

                                  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Markus Sandy <markus.sandy@...>