Re: [videoblogging] PC webcam software out of sync.

  • Irene Duma
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 23, 2008
      Sorry, thought I was clear. I have a Toshiba PC laptop. (I also have a Mac I
      use predominantly, but I need a PC for testing web design and new media
      work.)

      What I wanted to see is whether I could use the webcam on the PC laptop to
      make faster videos for a videoblogging series. I can¹t with out of sync
      capture.
      And I will want to edit it so I want decent quality.

      I will investigate Skype and maybe some other stuff.

      Irene Duma
      Strange Duck Media

      Web Design and Creative Marketing
      Blogging easy computer tips http://www.strangeduck.com/blog
      and comedy at http://www.bittertonic.com

      St. John¹s Address:
      12 Allan Square
      St. John's, NL
      A1C 4A8
      T. 709-726-6178
      C.709-699-8205

      From: Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...>
      Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 19:51:31 -0500
      To: <videoblogging@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [videoblogging] PC webcam software out of sync.

      On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 7:42 PM, Irene Duma <irene@...
      <mailto:irene%40strangeduck.com> > wrote:
      > Nah. Just tried to record me blabbing into the webcam
      > The software is called Camera Assistant Software. For toshiba.
      > I know nothing about webcams. Is Skype the way to go?

      Well, first you just need to know what you want to do.
      and be clear if you have a PC or mac.

      --If you want to record yourself with a webcam....maybe just use the
      "record now" feature on Youtube.
      --You can also record yourself using a screencasting software
      (different free versions for PC and mac).
      --Or you can use skype to have video conversations with people...and
      use software to record these conversations (also different software on
      PC and mac).

      Nathan did some cool videos recently where he interviewed his family
      for vlomo08.
      http://openideals.com/concepts/vlomo08/
      he just did Skype calls and p[osted the conversations.