Re: Macbook pro questions

  • Steve Watkins
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 20, 2008
      I'll add a few things that probably arent too important but I'll say
      em anyway...

      Yes the new 17" is 1920 res, but unlike the 15" it is still available
      in a matte version as wel as glossy. To be honest 17" is a bit small
      for that res anyway. There are some nicely priced 22 and 24" monitors
      that can do that res, and apart from colour-related issues which Brook
      was talking about, they are a pretty good match for editing 1080p
      footage. Stille ven 24" feels small for 1080p sometimes, I have a 720p
      projector and watching films on that is great, even though its a lower
      res - 720p aint bad at all.

      Brooks advice about deinterlacing is very good, although if you are
      publishing to the web in resolutions that are half your source res,
      you can skirt round the issue (if you export to half the vertical res
      than it makes deinterlacing irrelevant because you are throwing away
      half the vertical lines which eliminates the issue). Also if you are
      lucky enough to have a 720p or 1080p camera then you dont need to
      worry about deinterlacing as the footage is already progressive.

      Cheers

      Steve Elbows