Re: Live Internet Video

  • Gena
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2008
      This is a great article John, It is giving me addition ideas about
      presenting information and expanding the use of video in all forms of
      education.

      One of the other great things about what you do is that it is a form
      of technique preservation. There is an Archivist somewhere down the
      road who will be delighted to find your videos. Or a DIY person who
      has the book but it clicks when they see how you did it.

      Too cool,

      Gena

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "johnleeke" <johnleeke@...> wrote:

      > Jon Udell, noted social media innovator, just interviewed me for his
      > Strategies for Internet citizens" blog:
      >
      > http://blog.jonudell.net/2008/12/01/
      >
      > about how I'm using interactive video to train tradespeople and
      > homeowners in how to care for their older and historic buildings.
      >
      > John
      > by hammer and hand great works do stand
      > by cam and light he shoots it right
      >
      > www.HistoricHomeWorks.com

    • johnleeke
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2008
        Gena Writes:
        >>a form of technique preservation.<<

        Yes, after each FlashMeeting session I catalog and index the sections
        and ideas on a webpage

        http://historichomeworks.com/hhw/conf/vidconf.htm

        and link directly to those sections within the video recording. Then
        the search engines can bring visitors to the page where they find the
        link to the video they need.

        Most of the recorded video sessions are viewed by 5,000 to 10,000
        people within a few or several months. One of the sessions has been
        viewed 29,000 times. Here is a "live map"

        http://flashmeeting.open.ac.uk/kmi_fm/replaymap.php?pwd=f14c4e-9541

        that shows the location of viewers, on every continent in the world
        except Antarctica !

        John
        www.HistoricHomeWorks.com