MotionBox recommendation

  • Lil Peck
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2008
      I stumbled onto www.MotionBox.com today and immediately signed up for
      a premium account. It costs $19.95 per year and offers unlimited
      uploads. The quality of the video rendering is excellent.

      Lil Peck
      http://www.HorseTrainingSchool.com
    • michaelaivaliotis
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2008
        That's freakin' awesome! I really really really wanted yet another
        site to post my videos to. I was kinda worried because the existing 50
        sites are just not enough.

        Thanks for the tip!

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Lil Peck" <lilpeck@...> wrote:

        > I stumbled onto www.MotionBox.com today and immediately signed up for
        > a premium account. It costs $19.95 per year and offers unlimited
        > uploads. The quality of the video rendering is excellent.
        >
        > Lil Peck
        > http://www.HorseTrainingSchool.com

      • Lil
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2008
          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "michaelaivaliotis"
          <michaelaivaliotis@...> wrote:

          > That's freakin' awesome! I really really really wanted yet another
          > site to post my videos to. I was kinda worried because the existing 50
          > sites are just not enough.
          >
          > Thanks for the tip!

          Who pooped in your Wheaties?

          I like this service because of the affordability of the premium option,
          because of the unlimited uploads and because of the exceptional quality
          of its video rendering.

          I worked out the math on what extra bandwidth charges would be if I
          uploaded quality files directly to my web host, and for as many videos
          as I have, it would be cost prohibitive.

          It is hard to find a free host that offers unlimited uploads along with
          quality rendering, and it is hard to find premium services that are so
          affordable.

          How about posting your list of 50 to the group, for those of us that do
          not know about all the various video hosting services other than the
          obvious ones?
        • Sheila English
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2008
            MotionBox is not just another site. They are in line to be a major
            player since AOL, who will no longer be taking videos after the 18th
            (I think it's the 18th of this month) is recommending MotionBox.
            This site has been getting good reviews and has been seen in other
            business media. It's one to watch.

            I realize there are many sites one can upload to. We have a list of
            450. But, speaking for myself, I don't just upload and go. I care
            about the sites I upload to. So I look at them and determine what they
            are best for and are they best for me? I welcome any tips or news on
            new sites because sometimes they are exactly what I need in order to
            be more thoughtful in my distribution.

            Just my 2 cents.

            Cheers!

            Sheila

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2008
              My response was meant to be taken as sarcasm and not for you
              personally. New options are always welcome.

              --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Lil" <lilpeck@...> wrote:

              > Who pooped in your Wheaties?
            • J. N. P.
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 5, 2008
                Hi mother vloggers,

                have you seen the Motionbox mixer? I just saw a demo on their blog...

                its a sort of very simple video editing web app:
                http://blog.motionbox.com/2008/12/check_out_the_motionbox_mixer.html

                i am talking from what i saw on that video demo, and if it works that
                way, it sounds a nice feature to have if you just upload your raw
                videos from the phone or Flip for example.

                have a nice weekend.

                Rgds,
                ZN