Interesting things going on over at YT

  • Sheila English
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2008
      I was checking out some videos on YouTube and noticed on one of the
      videos that there was a blank spot to the right of the video screen,
      within the video player, and it was letting me know that an ad could
      go there. An ad on the right side, not the lower third, which is what
      I'm used to.
      Could this be the reason for the new wide screens I wonder? I don't
      know, I'm just wondering.
      Now YT has a way to promote your videos or channel through a sort of
      AdWords-type arrangement. Interesting. Will try that out for sure.

      I really like the addition to Insight (YouTube analytics). I was
      checking out the "Hot Spots" feature and wondered what others thought
      about it? If you've not seen it, it tells you how your video did in
      comparison to others of the same length. I like seeing where people
      started dropping interest. It's a helpful tool.

      Seems like YT is gearing up for 2009 with some new and interesting things.