Live Internet Video

  • johnleeke
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008
      Jon Udell, noted social media innovator, just interviewed me for his
      Strategies for Internet citizens" blog:

      http://blog.jonudell.net/2008/12/01/

      about how I'm using interactive video to train tradespeople and
      homeowners in how to care for their older and historic buildings.

      John
      by hammer and hand great works do stand
      by cam and light he shoots it right

      www.HistoricHomeWorks.com
    • Gena
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2008
        This is a great article John, It is giving me addition ideas about
        presenting information and expanding the use of video in all forms of
        education.

        One of the other great things about what you do is that it is a form
        of technique preservation. There is an Archivist somewhere down the
        road who will be delighted to find your videos. Or a DIY person who
        has the book but it clicks when they see how you did it.

        Too cool,

        Gena

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "johnleeke" <johnleeke@...> wrote:

        > Jon Udell, noted social media innovator, just interviewed me for his
        > Strategies for Internet citizens" blog:
        >
        > http://blog.jonudell.net/2008/12/01/
        >
        > about how I'm using interactive video to train tradespeople and
        > homeowners in how to care for their older and historic buildings.
        >
        > John
        > by hammer and hand great works do stand
        > by cam and light he shoots it right
        >
        > www.HistoricHomeWorks.com

      • johnleeke
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2008
          Gena Writes:
          >>a form of technique preservation.<<

          Yes, after each FlashMeeting session I catalog and index the sections
          and ideas on a webpage

          http://historichomeworks.com/hhw/conf/vidconf.htm

          and link directly to those sections within the video recording. Then
          the search engines can bring visitors to the page where they find the
          link to the video they need.

          Most of the recorded video sessions are viewed by 5,000 to 10,000
          people within a few or several months. One of the sessions has been
          viewed 29,000 times. Here is a "live map"

          http://flashmeeting.open.ac.uk/kmi_fm/replaymap.php?pwd=f14c4e-9541

          that shows the location of viewers, on every continent in the world
          except Antarctica !

          John
          www.HistoricHomeWorks.com