MAC Stream Desktop iMac G3 500 mhz

  • Jeffrey P. Harrington
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
      Does any know if it is possible to stream my iMac G3's desktop?

      If so what software, tutorial could you point me to?

      Thanks

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
        On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Jeffrey P. Harrington
        <jeffreypharrington@...> wrote:
        > Does any know if it is possible to stream my iMac G3's desktop?
        > If so what software, tutorial could you point me to?

        do you mean have remote access to this desktop?
        or do you want to do a live video stream using skype, ichat, or mogulus?

        http://jaydedman.com
        917 371 6790
      • Jeffrey P. Harrington
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
          I would like to stream what I am doing, moving mouse, apps that I am
          running, and showing what I am doing as I am doing it.

          On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

          > On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Jeffrey P. Harrington
          > <jeffreypharrington@...> wrote:
          > > Does any know if it is possible to stream my iMac G3's desktop?
          > > If so what software, tutorial could you point me to?
          >
          > do you mean have remote access to this desktop?
          > or do you want to do a live video stream using skype, ichat, or mogulus?

          > http://jaydedman.com
          > 917 371 6790

          Jeffrey

        • J. N. P.
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
            hi!

            i suppose you can use any stream company like mogulus.com or
            ustream.com with Camtwist application. It should work.

            some urls:
            http://www.allocinit.com/index.php?title=CamTwist
            http://www.ustream.tv/blog/2007/05/28/new-camtwist-release-interview-with-steve-green-developer-of-camtwist/
            http://www.ustream.tv/blog/2007/06/06/pirillo-reveals-the-power-of-camtwist-how-to-make-better-ustream-shows/

            hope it works.
            ... but i think you g3 cpu will have some problems managing those
            apps... the other way could be using a sort of tv out on the iMac and
            then a dv camara used as a analog to DV/firewire converter for another
            computer to compress/broadcast. just more cumbersome because of the
            smaller power cpu your iMac has.

            Rgds,
            ZN

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
              On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Jeffrey P. Harrington
              <jeffreypharrington@...> wrote:
              > I would like to stream what I am doing, moving mouse, apps that I am
              > running, and showing what I am doing as I am doing it.

              sounds like what you want to do is "screencast" or record what you do
              o your desktop.
              is this correct?

              This will work:
              http://store.shinywhitebox.com/home/home.html
              you just need to make sure you're running a new mac OS.

              "Streaming" means that people can see a video/desktop live.
              please explain what exactly this is for in case I havent hit the nail
              on the head.

              http://jaydedman.com
              917 371 6790
            • John Coffey
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
                Hey Jeff. iMac G3's are a hobby of mine, down to just 5 but I do have the Ruby and Sage. Gave a Flowerpower to my niece. Way to slow for any video but they rock the music with those solid Harmon Kardon speaker. BTW, 600 mhz barely plays most videos without stuttering the picture.
                John

                Jimmy CraicHead TV Video Podcast about Sailing, Travel, Craic and Cocktails www.jchtv.com