Re: [videoblogging] A colors question

  • Adrian Miles
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
      different gamma of the different monitors. macs trad. are brighter
      than PCs, and if you don't turn the knobs then your monitor might also
      be too much of one color (like your colour tv set).

      on a mac system preferences - display always let you build a custom
      profile or use a preset. no idea on pc. personally I don't bother
      since you can't go around determining everyone's monitors for your
      work :-) (but if you were editing for publishing/tv then it does
      matter...)

      On 30/11/2008, at 1:45 AM, Heath wrote:

      > I have recently begun playing around with creating websites and I have
      > noticed that the appearance of my site, the colors, is different on my
      > laptop vs my desktop. Why is this? Does anyone know? What about
      > when you are doing color correcting in your video, if I edit it on my
      > laptop is it going to look different when played back on a desktop? I
      > think yes....
      >
      > Any thoughts or suggestions please let me know

      cheers
      Adrian Miles
      adrian.miles@...
      bachelor communication honours coordinator
      vogmae.net.au
    • Heath
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
        Yea, that was my thought too....I mean if every moniter's color is
        just a "bit" different then there is no end to the madness....I have
        noticed the darker the color the less likey it is to be shown as
        different. I guess I know now why so many web designers stick to
        darker colors... :-)

        Heath
        http://heathparks.com

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Adrian Miles <adrian.miles@...>