Free Open Source Video Converter

  • schlomo rabinowitz
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2008
      Hey all
      I've been an avid fan of VisualHub for years, but they have decided to shut
      down their doors and not update the program.

      BUT! Handbrake, the free DVD to video converter, has decided to pick up
      where VisualHub left off and allow their program to convert any video... not
      just DVDs. This is a good thing.

      Read more about it here:
      <http://www.9to5mac.com/handbrake-ffmpeg>

      Schlomo Rabinowitz
      http://schlomo.tv - finally moving to wordpress
      http://hatfactory.net - relaxed coworking
      AIM:schlomochat

    • Mike Meiser
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 24, 2008
        Sweet news Schlomo. I love Handbrake.

        FYI. I noticed VLC was also putting in some transcoding options.
        Although the last time I checked it was still a work in progress VLC
        can decode and play back the most video formats of any player so it
        makes sense it could then transcode them all to another format of your
        choosing in the future. Tremendous potential there.

        -Mike