Fwd: [j2000] Need vignettes for election day

  • Irina
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2008
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------

      Hello all,
      The site that I told you a friend of mine was starting is officially up. The
      site is www.blackpower.com and it seeks to examine the concept of black
      power in the new millenium in an increasingly multi-cultural society and
      with the possibility of an African American president becoming a likely
      reality.

      For election coverage they are looking for diverse voices around the world
      to provide sketches on election day. Here's the ad:
      *Blackpower.com* is looking for roving reporters around the country (and the
      world) who can write 100-300 word vignettes on election day from not only
      voting locations, but places where people congregate´┐Żcafes, bookstores,
      basketball courts, barbershops, hairdressers´┐Żand can write first person
      essays, essays about conversations they overhear, things they may see, or
      any interesting tidbits on election day. The stories will be accepted
      throughout election day and will be posted live as they come in. Writers
      will be compensated. They will run throughout the week. Please submit your
      Election Day story (and an optional photo) to submit@.... If
      you have questions, please contact us at info@.... You've seen
      our stories, now let's hear yours.

      Thanks!