Re: [videoblogging] Vlomo08 - How to add your feed to the Channel

  • Kath O'Donnell
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2008
      ok thanks a lot. just thought I'd check in case I'd missed something
      I've moved over to the mefeedia maillist so will ask any more questions there
      thanks
      kath

      2008/11/1 Rupert <rupert@...>:
      > As far as I can see, that URL contains the specific video IDs.
      >
      > So you have to actually click the Theater View link to see the latest.
      >
      > Thus you have to link to the Mefeedia channel, and tell people to
      > click Theater View. So it's two clicks away from your blog.
      >
      > I have to say, this is a vast improvement on what we've ever had
      > before in terms of aggregating a group project automatically on the
      > web from multiple video sharing sites - and without using tags.
      >
      > And it's brilliant to be able to subscribe to that feed in an RSS
      > reader or video aggregator like Miro, iTunes or FireANT.
      >
      > But as far as embedding on your blog, there's no embeddable player at
      > the moment to handle all the different video sites in a playlist.
      >
      > There might be a way to make a JW Flash Player play a playlist made
      > from the Mefeedia feed including MP4 files, but I don't know how to
      > do that. If anybody does, could you help?
      >
      > Rupert
      > http://twittervlog.tv
      >
      > On 31-Oct-08, at 6:56 AM, Kath O'Donnell wrote:
      >
      > thanks Rupert.
      >
      > I have a question - for my blog. if I link to the url for "Watch in
      > Theater View" - does this auto update each visit/day with the new
      > videos or are these numbers the video ids. just wondering if there's a
      > showplayer link I can add to my blog post/facebook page which then
      > plays the most recent videos on mefeedia. and if there's an embed for
      > this player to use on external sites? I'll try it again tomorrow to
      > see if the numbers change. (just playing atm)
      > http://www.mefeedia.com/bigplayer.php?
      > globalids=12051658,12057862,12050793,12057637,12051659,12021323,12009233
      > ,
      > 12029877,12032120,12022938,12001494,11988041,11995520,11988043,12001495,
      > 12051660,11988044,11988046,11995936,11988047,11988048,11981742,11961423,
      > 11961503
      >
      > 2008/10/31 Rupert <rupert@...>:
      >> You just need to add your feed once to the channel. After that,
      >> every video on that feed during November will automaticall show up in
      >> the VloMo channel.
      >>
      >> Here's a five step guide to adding your feed:
      >>
      >> 1. Sign up or Log in at http://mefeedia.com

      http://www.aliak.com
      http://www.brisbanedancepartiesarchive.com
    • J. N. P.
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2008
        Hi Rupert,

        great explanation you wrote here.

        i just added my feed, and in my case i added a particular category of
        my wordpress blog. seemed to work alright:

        my category generated wp page: http://despauterio.net/category/vlog/
        my wp automatic feed from that: http://despauterio.net/category/vlog/feed/
        and mefeedia gave back this url: http://www.mefeedia.com/feeds/59761

        great work you and also mefeedia are doing here.

        And I wish all Vloggers a good Videoblogging Month 2008!

        Rgds,
        ZN