Vlomo08 - How to add your feed to the Channel

  • Rupert
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2008
      You just need to add your feed once to the channel. After that,
      every video on that feed during November will automaticall show up in
      the VloMo channel.

      Here's a five step guide to adding your feed:

      1. Sign up or Log in at http://mefeedia.com

      2. Go to the channel at http://mefeedia.com/channels/vlomo08/ and
      click "Join Channel"

      3. Click Add Videos at the very top right of screen and add your feed
      to mefeedia.

      4. When it's added (or if Mefeedia tells you it's already been added)
      click the link to go to the feed's page on Mefeedia.

      5. On the feed's page, click Add To Channel on the right hand side,
      then choose "Vlomo08" from the pulldown menu and Add.

      If you have problems, email me at rupert at twittervlog dot tv or
      frank at mefeedia dot com

      Rupert
      http://twittervlog.tv
    • Kath O'Donnell
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2008
        thanks Rupert.

        I have a question - for my blog. if I link to the url for "Watch in
        Theater View" - does this auto update each visit/day with the new
        videos or are these numbers the video ids. just wondering if there's a
        showplayer link I can add to my blog post/facebook page which then
        plays the most recent videos on mefeedia. and if there's an embed for
        this player to use on external sites? I'll try it again tomorrow to
        see if the numbers change. (just playing atm)
        http://www.mefeedia.com/bigplayer.php?globalids=12051658,12057862,12050793,12057637,12051659,12021323,12009233,12029877,12032120,12022938,12001494,11988041,11995520,11988043,12001495,12051660,11988044,11988046,11995936,11988047,11988048,11981742,11961423,11961503

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2008
          As far as I can see, that URL contains the specific video IDs.

          So you have to actually click the Theater View link to see the latest.

          Thus you have to link to the Mefeedia channel, and tell people to
          click Theater View. So it's two clicks away from your blog.

          I have to say, this is a vast improvement on what we've ever had
          before in terms of aggregating a group project automatically on the
          web from multiple video sharing sites - and without using tags.

          And it's brilliant to be able to subscribe to that feed in an RSS
          reader or video aggregator like Miro, iTunes or FireANT.

          But as far as embedding on your blog, there's no embeddable player at
          the moment to handle all the different video sites in a playlist.

          There might be a way to make a JW Flash Player play a playlist made
          from the Mefeedia feed including MP4 files, but I don't know how to
          do that. If anybody does, could you help?

          Rupert
          http://twittervlog.tv

          ,

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 31, 2008
            ok thanks a lot. just thought I'd check in case I'd missed something
            I've moved over to the mefeedia maillist so will ask any more questions there
            thanks
            kath

            2008/11/1 Rupert <rupert@...>:
            > As far as I can see, that URL contains the specific video IDs.
            >
            > So you have to actually click the Theater View link to see the latest.
            >
            > Thus you have to link to the Mefeedia channel, and tell people to
            > click Theater View. So it's two clicks away from your blog.
            >
            > I have to say, this is a vast improvement on what we've ever had
            > before in terms of aggregating a group project automatically on the
            > web from multiple video sharing sites - and without using tags.
            >
            > And it's brilliant to be able to subscribe to that feed in an RSS
            > reader or video aggregator like Miro, iTunes or FireANT.
            >
            > But as far as embedding on your blog, there's no embeddable player at
            > the moment to handle all the different video sites in a playlist.
            >
            > There might be a way to make a JW Flash Player play a playlist made
            > from the Mefeedia feed including MP4 files, but I don't know how to
            > do that. If anybody does, could you help?
            >
            > Rupert
            > http://twittervlog.tv
            >
            > On 31-Oct-08, at 6:56 AM, Kath O'Donnell wrote:
            >
            > thanks Rupert.
            >
            > I have a question - for my blog. if I link to the url for "Watch in
            > Theater View" - does this auto update each visit/day with the new
            > videos or are these numbers the video ids. just wondering if there's a
            > showplayer link I can add to my blog post/facebook page which then
            > plays the most recent videos on mefeedia. and if there's an embed for
            > this player to use on external sites? I'll try it again tomorrow to
            > see if the numbers change. (just playing atm)
            > http://www.mefeedia.com/bigplayer.php?
            > globalids=12051658,12057862,12050793,12057637,12051659,12021323,12009233
            > ,
            > 12029877,12032120,12022938,12001494,11988041,11995520,11988043,12001495,
            > 12051660,11988044,11988046,11995936,11988047,11988048,11981742,11961423,
            > 11961503
            >
            > 2008/10/31 Rupert <rupert@...>:
            >> You just need to add your feed once to the channel. After that,
            >> every video on that feed during November will automaticall show up in
            >> the VloMo channel.
            >>
            >> Here's a five step guide to adding your feed:
            >>
            >> 1. Sign up or Log in at http://mefeedia.com

            http://www.aliak.com
            http://www.brisbanedancepartiesarchive.com
          • J. N. P.
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 2008
              Hi Rupert,

              great explanation you wrote here.

              i just added my feed, and in my case i added a particular category of
              my wordpress blog. seemed to work alright:

              my category generated wp page: http://despauterio.net/category/vlog/
              my wp automatic feed from that: http://despauterio.net/category/vlog/feed/
              and mefeedia gave back this url: http://www.mefeedia.com/feeds/59761

              great work you and also mefeedia are doing here.

              And I wish all Vloggers a good Videoblogging Month 2008!

              Rgds,
              ZN