twitter.com/videoblogging shows messages from this group

  • Rupert
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 28, 2008
      I know a lot of people have unsubscribed from this list because of
      the sheer volume of emails, so I thought I'd create a Twitterfeed for
      us. That you can follow:

      http://twitter.com/videoblogging

      and keep up with discussions in the light way that Twitter allows
      without having to clog up your inbox, scroll through the digest or
      check the web page.

      Rupert
      http://twittervlog.tv
    • Rupert
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 28, 2008
        Don't worry if you see nothing there now - it takes half an hour to
        update.

        Another thing that being on Twitter allows us to do is take this
        conversation out of the list more - and use Twitter tags to aggregate
        tweets and discussions around a subject. So if you're posting a
        message here about an issue or event, you can start your subject line
        with #navlopomo2008 or #pixelodeon, say, and the tweeted version of
        your message can then be easily found along with other tweets on the
        same subject.

        Rupert
        http://twittervlog.tv

        On 28-Oct-08, at 9:59 AM, Rupert wrote:

        I know a lot of people have unsubscribed from this list because of
        the sheer volume of emails, so I thought I'd create a Twitterfeed for
        us. That you can follow:

        http://twitter.com/videoblogging

        and keep up with discussions in the light way that Twitter allows
        without having to clog up your inbox, scroll through the digest or
        check the web page.

        Rupert
        http://twittervlog.tv

      • David King
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 28, 2008
          That's a very cool idea! I like the idea of taking the conversation out of
          the list... coolness.

          David King
          davidleeking.com - blog
          davidleeking.com/etc - videoblog

          On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:

          > Don't worry if you see nothing there now - it takes half an hour to
          > update.
          >
          > Another thing that being on Twitter allows us to do is take this
          > conversation out of the list more - and use Twitter tags to aggregate
          > tweets and discussions around a subject. So if you're posting a
          > message here about an issue or event, you can start your subject line
          > with #navlopomo2008 or #pixelodeon, say, and the tweeted version of
          > your message can then be easily found along with other tweets on the
          > same subject.
          >
          > Rupert
          > http://twittervlog.tv
          >

          > On 28-Oct-08, at 9:59 AM, Rupert wrote:
          >
          > I know a lot of people have unsubscribed from this list because of
          > the sheer volume of emails, so I thought I'd create a Twitterfeed for
          > us. That you can follow:
          >
          > http://twitter.com/videoblogging
          >
          > and keep up with discussions in the light way that Twitter allows
          > without having to clog up your inbox, scroll through the digest or
          > check the web page.
          >
          > Rupert
          > http://twittervlog.tv

        • Tim D
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 28, 2008
            Does that brain of yours ever take a break, man?!

            Tim
            realitysandwich.wordpress.com
            (maybe I'll update someday)

            On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 2:07 PM, David King <davidleeking@...> wrote:
            > That's a very cool idea! I like the idea of taking the conversation out of
            > the list... coolness.
            >
            > David King
            > davidleeking.com - blog
            > davidleeking.com/etc - videoblog
            >
            > On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Don't worry if you see nothing there now - it takes half an hour to
            >> update.
            >>
            >> Another thing that being on Twitter allows us to do is take this
            >> conversation out of the list more - and use Twitter tags to aggregate
            >> tweets and discussions around a subject. So if you're posting a
            >> message here about an issue or event, you can start your subject line
            >> with #navlopomo2008 or #pixelodeon, say, and the tweeted version of
            >> your message can then be easily found along with other tweets on the
            >> same subject.
            >>
            >> Rupert
            >> http://twittervlog.tv
            >>

            >> On 28-Oct-08, at 9:59 AM, Rupert wrote:
            >>
            >> I know a lot of people have unsubscribed from this list because of
            >> the sheer volume of emails, so I thought I'd create a Twitterfeed for
            >> us. That you can follow:
            >>
            >> http://twitter.com/videoblogging
            >>
            >> and keep up with discussions in the light way that Twitter allows
            >> without having to clog up your inbox, scroll through the digest or
            >> check the web page.
            >>
            >> Rupert
            >> http://twittervlog.tv

          • Pat Cook
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 28, 2008
              Hi everyone:

              Cool. This way I can just microblog my post if it's less than 140 characters instead of bothering to post it via normal email.

              I'll be sure to add the group right away

              Cheers

              Pat Cook
              patsblogs@...
              Denver, CO
              BLOGS & PODCASTS
              AS MY WORLD TURNS - http://asmyworldturns.blogspot.com/
              AS MY WEIGHT LOSS WORLD TURNS - http://asmyweightlossworldturns.blogspot.com/
              KB0OXD CYBERSHACK | HAM MUSINGS - http://kb0oxd.blogspot.com/
              KB0OXD CYBERSHACK | SITE & STATION NEWS - http://kb0oxdcybershacknews.blogspot.com/
              THE LEFT WING CONSERVATIVE - http://theleftwingconservative.blogspot.com/

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 28, 2008
                Also nice, in that we can find fellow videobloggers on twitter. Just
                look at who follows 'videoblogging'.

                Thanks.
              • Roxanne Darling
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 28, 2008
                  I just like that the icon shows a female vlogger - or maybe a sarong-wearing
                  man vlogger. :-)
                  Thanks Rupert - you are the community man!

                  Love,

                  Rox

                  --
                  Roxanne Darling
                  Join us at the reef! Mermaid videos, geeks talking, and lots more

                • Frank Carver
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 29, 2008
                    Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 10:10:26 PM, Josh Paul wrote:
                    > Also nice, in that we can find fellow videobloggers on twitter. Just
                    > look at who follows 'videoblogging'.

                    Um. I would like to add videoblogging to my follows list, but it's a
                    while since I last did anything with twitter and I can't work out how
                    to just add another user by name.

                    Can anyone who has done this give any hints on how?

                    Thanks
                    Frank (efficacy on twitter)

                    --
                    Frank Carver http://www.makevideo.org.uk
                  • ruperthowe
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 29, 2008
                      Log into Twitter, go to Twitter.com/videoblogging and click "Follow"
                      beneath the name & avatar.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 29, 2008
                        > Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 10:10:26 PM, Josh Paul wrote:
                        >> Also nice, in that we can find fellow videobloggers on twitter. Just
                        >> look at who follows 'videoblogging'.
                        >
                        > Um. I would like to add videoblogging to my follows list, but it's a
                        > while since I last did anything with twitter and I can't work out how
                        > to just add another user by name.
                        >
                        > Can anyone who has done this give any hints on how?

                        (In my best impersonation of Sherlock Holmes :) *LOL!*)

                        ELEMENTARY Dear Watson....

                        Just go http://www.twitter.com/ and sign in. If you don't have an account
                        or have completely lost the info. to it, you can sign up for a new one.
                        Once you've done this, just go to http://twitter.com/videoblogging and click
                        the FOLLOW button.

                        It's really a simple process.

                        > Thanks

                        No problem. Glad to help. :)

                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 29, 2008
                          Thanks everyone who answered.

                          The bit I was missing was the need to hand-craft a URL.
                          I tried the various search options but nothing seemed appropriate.

                          2008/10/29 Pat Cook <patsblogs@...>:
                          > Just go http://www.twitter.com/ and sign in. If you don't have an account
                          > or have completely lost the info. to it, you can sign up for a new one.
                          > Once you've done this, just go to http://twitter.com/videoblogging and click
                          > the FOLLOW button.
                          >
                          > It's really a simple process.
                        • Irina
                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 1, 2008
                            srly rupert u da bomb

                            --
                            http://geekentertainment.tv

                          • Lisa Rein
                            Message 13 of 14 , Nov 2, 2008
                              rupert - u are entering those by hand into the twitter account, correct?

                              just wanted to confirm. this is an interesting application of twitter :)

                              thanks,

                              lisa

                              http://www.twitter.com/lisarein

                              > srly rupert u da bomb
                              >
                              > On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:
                              >
                              >> I know a lot of people have unsubscribed from this list because of
                              >> the sheer volume of emails, so I thought I'd create a Twitterfeed for
                              >> us. That you can follow:
                              >>
                              >> http://twitter.com/videoblogging
                              >>
                              >> and keep up with discussions in the light way that Twitter allows
                              >> without having to clog up your inbox, scroll through the digest or
                              >> check the web page.
                              >>
                              >> Rupert
                              >> http://twittervlog.tv
                              >>

                              > --
                              > http://geekentertainment.tv

                              Lisa Rein

                              http://onlisareinsradar.com
                              http://www.lisarein.com
                            • Rupert
                              Message 14 of 14 , Nov 2, 2008
                                Hah! No - I'm not that crazy!
                                I use the amazing http://Twitterfeed.com - it takes the RSS feed of
                                this group and posts the latest tweet every 30 mins.
                                I've been using it for the last 18 months or so with Twittervlog - so
                                I can send a video from my phone to Blip, who autocrosspost it to my
                                blog, then Twitterfeed automatically picks up the feed and posts it
                                to Twitter.
                                Lots of bloggers and vloggers do the same. Saves having to manually
                                tweet your latest posts. As long as you don't do it so often that it
                                feels like a spambot.

                                Rupert
                                http://twittervlog.tv

                                On 2-Nov-08, at 8:08 AM, Lisa Rein wrote:

                                rupert - u are entering those by hand into the twitter account, correct?

                                just wanted to confirm. this is an interesting application of twitter :)

                                thanks,

                                lisa

                                http://www.twitter.com/lisarein

                                > srly rupert u da bomb
                                >
                                > On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Rupert <rupert@...>
                                wrote:

                                >> I know a lot of people have unsubscribed from this list because of
                                >> the sheer volume of emails, so I thought I'd create a Twitterfeed
                                for
                                >> us. That you can follow:
                                >>
                                >> http://twitter.com/videoblogging
                                >>
                                >> and keep up with discussions in the light way that Twitter allows
                                >> without having to clog up your inbox, scroll through the digest or
                                >> check the web page.
                                >>
                                >> Rupert
                                >> http://twittervlog.tv
                                >>

                                > --