Re: [videoblogging] Canon EOS 5D Mark II

  • B Yen
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2008
      The QT list I'm on, is getting some excited reaction:

      ==================

      BIG GIANT WOW!!!

      Harry you don't even know the half of it .... This camera has caused
      such a stir around the world in a matter of a couple of days that
      CANON had to shut down the HD Streaming samples because it exceeded
      their servers. The footage samples (if you can find any) are RAW from
      the camera with no color grade. Straight QT encodes to H.264. This
      will tip the scales of power into the hands of the creative. The body
      is $2700 then you and start snapping on some great Canon lenses. For
      the first time true depth-of-field in an affordable HD VIDEO CAMERA.

      AND I QUOTE as seen on the canon site:

      "DUE TO HIGH DEMAND OF VIDEO CLIPS WE HAVE EXCEEDED OUR DOWNLOAD
      CAPACITY.

      WE ARE NOW INVESTIGATING ALTERNATIVE HOSTING METHODS."

      http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetArticleAct&articleID=2086

      best,

      Dan DiPaola

      Co-Founder
      HD-encoding.com
      818.859.7700 office
      818.823.5500 cell
      dan@...

      QualityNotQuantity

      On Oct 10, 2008, at 12:09 AM, Ruud Elmendorp: Video journalist wrote:

      > We're all forced into HD.
      >
      > But now with this 21.1 megapix Canon shooting HD, it becomes really
      > something.
      >
      > Anyone any comments on this quite exciting camera?
      >
      > That small it offers really new ways of shooting, and imagine what
      > happens
      > if you put a professional lens on it.
      >
      > Shout it out!
      >
      > Ruud Elmendorp
      > Video Journalist Africa
      > http://www.videoreporter.nl

    • Rupert
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 10, 2008
        I'm really excited about it. Have you seen this video, by Vincent
        Laforet, shot using the Canon EOS 5D MKII DSLR?

        http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2008/09/22/without-further-ado-reverie/

        He has some nice lenses on there.

        Apparently, it has a Mic In. So perhaps you'd be able to mount a
        Rode videomic on the top - you'd definitely be able to feed in a
        lapel mic.

        Also out is the Nikon D90 which shoots 24fps 720P. No Mic In.
        Christian Payne at http://ourmaninside.org has just got one and will
        be vlogging with it, so you can check it out there.
        Meanwhile, here's a Gizmodo sample of D90 video:
        http://tinyurl.com/3vpoxm

        If I had the money...

        Rupert
        http://twittervlog.tv

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 10, 2008
          That should have been
          http://ourmaninside.com/
          not .org

          and if I'd visited before linking, I'd not only have got the URL
          right but I'd have seen that his D90 video review is already up.
          Pretty impressive, since I think he only got it yesterday.
          Here's the review:
          http://ourmaninside.com/2008/10/10/nikon-d90-video-test/

          He's not part of this list, which is a shame because he's a pretty
          amazing guy - you may know him as Documentally from Seesmic or
          Twitter or Qik. He's a professional citizen journalist and
          photographer in England. Worth subscribing to.

          Rupert
          http://twittervlog.tv