using flip cameras for special need education?

  • noel hidalgo
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2008
      my buddy, scott trudeau, sent me the following fundraising link to buy
      flip cameras for his alma-matter. i was wondering if someone on this
      list had a contact at FLIP? if done right, i think this would be an
      amazing pilot program!

      if you don't have a contact at flip, i hope you consider donating a
      few bones... i just chipped in $30.

      more info at http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/proposal.html?id=201954&challengeid=18907
      "I teach with a special education teacher in a sixth grade Language
      Arts classroom. This co-teaching classroom has a diverse population of
      students from culturally different households, and students with
      diagnosed learning disabilities.

      In literacy(reading and writing) students who are challenged, whether
      they are special education or not,need various strategies to stimulate
      interest in literacy through digital storytelling. Having brought my
      own personal video flip camera into class last year generated
      tremendous interest in writing and filming their stories.

      All throughout the year my students are reading novels which the
      elements of a story are taught. The students need to know setting,
      characterization, plot, climax, and theme. I hope to accomplish an
      excitement of understanding the novel through writing and reading. By
      using the flip cameras to film characterization, plot, climax, theme
      or the stories the students have created to show connection and
      understanding of the book. Having flip cameras will provide excitement
      and an interest to write and read which will improve their literacy
      abilities.

      With your donation my students will have the opportunity to become
      successful readers and writers.

      My students need 3 "Flip" Video Cameras for digital storytelling. The
      cost of this proposal is $654, which includes shipping for any
      materials requested and fulfillment."

      more info at http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/proposal.html?id=201954&challengeid=18907

      noneck