Fwd: [j2000] Health co-op formed in Lower East Side

  • Irina
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1 3:41 PM
      wish i could do a GETV on this!

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Marisa Kakoulas <mkakoulas@...>

      I'm volunteering for an affordable health care project for restaurant
      workers in the Lower East Side, bringing universal health care to one NYC
      community.

      Spearheaded by Dr. Dave Ores, who already has a pay-what-you-can policy for
      the poor in his small LES office, the health care coop essentially has
      participating restaurants pay $1 for every seat in their establishment,
      which goes into a special fund that pays for their workers' health care.

      ABC's Channel 7 news did a short piece on it last Friday:
      http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=6360280

      For more information, contact Dr. Dave Ores at
      drdave@... or call him at 212-353-3020.

      --
      Marisa Kakoulas DiMattia
      mkakoulas@...

    • Adriana Kaegi
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1 6:11 PM
        irena,
        i know dr. dave, he is truly amazing, he is a doctor for all the right reasons and a good one. thank you for posting this, i will see what i can do to get him more press coverage. now if we could implement part of his strategy in the white house, our health coverage crises would be solved.

        adriana
        http://dearaddy.com