Re: [videoblogging] Re: Flickr & Creative Commons (also video-sharing sites & Creative Commons)

  • Rupert
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 1, 2008
      Yeah, but Prince wouldn't have hired WebSherriff.com
      He would've hired Chuck Norris.

      On 31-Aug-08, at 7:18 AM, Markus Sandy wrote:

      On Aug 31, 2008, at 3:54 AM, Bill Cammack wrote:

      > Yeah, Adam's right. Ultimately, this is all bullshit and only comes
      > into effect if someone does like Prince and hires people to scour the
      > net looking for instances where someone used your image or sounds and
      > then pays people to make it so that that situation goes away.
      >
      > All you have to do is look on YouTube for gazillions of instances
      > where people have music in their videos that they didn't secure the
      > rights to and also video and pictures that they didn't secure the
      > rights to.

      sounds like a service

      oops! someone's already offering it

      I noticed these folks sniffing around Ourmedia the other day.

      http://www.websheriff.com/websheriff/services.htm

      lloks like anyone can be a prince now ;)

      markus

    • Ron Watson
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 1, 2008
        OK... I really like the look of the new wall. I'll post some shots
        and some blue screen action soon.

        I have a couple of questions though...

        I'm getting a dark blue aura around all of my talent and props. I
        think it's because I've got a ton of light on the backdrop. What's up
        with that and how can I fix it?

        Does anyone have creative ideas on getting a lot of light on a
        25'x15' stage? We move around a lot in our video...

        Thanks again , Rupert...
        peace,

        Ron Watson
        http://k9disc.blip.tv
        http://k9disc.com
        http://discdogradio.com
        http://pawsitivevybe.com

        On Aug 31, 2008, at 2:01 AM, Ron Watson wrote:

        > Well I went with the Chromakey Blue idea, Rupert, and it looks
        > friggin' great!
        >
        > thanks for the suggestion... I'll be sure to post some video soon.
        >
        > Thanks Rupert!
        >
        > peace,
        > Ron Watson
        > http://k9disc.blip.tv
        > http://k9disc.com
        > http://discdogradio.com
        > http://pawsitivevybe.com
        >
        > On Aug 29, 2008, at 1:34 PM, Rupert wrote:
        >
        > > Astroturf in your studio. How cool is that? I want to get my office
        > > astroturfed.
        > >
        > > Plain bright white is quite a useful colour to paint studio
        > walls, if
        > > they're very smooth and especially because you have highish
        > ceilings.
        > > White backgrounded videos and photos are ubiquitous - people always
        > > seem to respond well to that studio aesthetic.
        > > I got big white and black paper rolls installed in a client's studio
        > > in London and they get a lot of use out of them now.
        > >
        > > On the other hand you could paint them a chroma key blue. Then you
        > > could choose to have a blue background or digitally insert different
        > > backgrounds. I don't know much about the practicality and cost of
        > > that, but you'd find a mass of information on it via Google.
        > >
        > > Rupert
        > > http://twittervlog.tv
        > >
        > > On 29-Aug-08, at 6:48 AM, Ron Watson wrote:
        > >
        > > I'd like some suggestions on the color to paint the wall in our
        > > training studio that we use as a backdrop for our training videos.
        > >
        > > We are getting half of the studio astroturfed and are looking to
        > do s
        > > serious training DVD.
        > >
        > > I've been leaning towards a vibrant, rich blue for the wall colors,
        > > but I'm not sure.
        > >
        > > Any suggestions or other information would be appreciated.
        > >
        > > peace,
        > > ron

      • liza jean
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 2, 2008
          way back when i was working in tv studios chroma key blue had just
          been 'discovered'. nowadays we at dyna-flix use green - usually
          large fabric drops.

          blue is more likely to appear in what you are shooting - eye color,
          blue jeans etc. and cause problems. green does not naturally occur
          on humans.

          backlighting your subjects with a yellow light is likely to reduce
          the 'aura', or at least replace it with a halo. what 'color' light
          are you shooting in? fluorescent is green, halogen is blue,
          incandescent is yellow - if you play around with what color light you
          put where you could eliminate the halo.

          does your software have 'spill supression'?

          as to cheap light, we got two double 8' fluroescent fixtures made
          from porcelain coated steel ( a junkyard find with spare bulbs!) that
          look like something from a Star Wars set. we just stand them up
          against a wall, let them be part of the set. they make all my still
          shots look green, but the video camera white balance can handle them.

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ron Watson <k9disc@...> wrote:

          > OK... I really like the look of the new wall. I'll post some shots
          > and some blue screen action soon.
          >
          > I have a couple of questions though...
          >
          > I'm getting a dark blue aura around all of my talent and props. I
          > think it's because I've got a ton of light on the backdrop. What's
          up
          > with that and how can I fix it?
          >
          > Does anyone have creative ideas on getting a lot of light on a
          > 25'x15' stage? We move around a lot in our video...
          >
          > Thanks again , Rupert...
          > peace,
          >
          > Ron Watson
          > http://k9disc.blip.tv
          > http://k9disc.com
          > http://discdogradio.com
          > http://pawsitivevybe.com
          >

          > On Aug 31, 2008, at 2:01 AM, Ron Watson wrote:
          >
          > > Well I went with the Chromakey Blue idea, Rupert, and it looks
          > > friggin' great!
          > >
          > > thanks for the suggestion... I'll be sure to post some video soon.
          > >
          > > Thanks Rupert!
          > >
          > > peace,
          > > Ron Watson
          > > http://k9disc.blip.tv
          > > http://k9disc.com
          > > http://discdogradio.com
          > > http://pawsitivevybe.com
          > >
          > > On Aug 29, 2008, at 1:34 PM, Rupert wrote:
          > >
          > > > Astroturf in your studio. How cool is that? I want to get my
          office
          > > > astroturfed.
          > > >
          > > > Plain bright white is quite a useful colour to paint studio
          > > walls, if
          > > > they're very smooth and especially because you have highish
          > > ceilings.
          > > > White backgrounded videos and photos are ubiquitous - people
          always
          > > > seem to respond well to that studio aesthetic.
          > > > I got big white and black paper rolls installed in a client's
          studio
          > > > in London and they get a lot of use out of them now.
          > > >
          > > > On the other hand you could paint them a chroma key blue. Then
          you
          > > > could choose to have a blue background or digitally insert
          different
          > > > backgrounds. I don't know much about the practicality and cost
          of
          > > > that, but you'd find a mass of information on it via Google.
          > > >
          > > > Rupert
          > > > http://twittervlog.tv
          > > >
          > > > On 29-Aug-08, at 6:48 AM, Ron Watson wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I'd like some suggestions on the color to paint the wall in our
          > > > training studio that we use as a backdrop for our training
          videos.

          > > > We are getting half of the studio astroturfed and are looking
          > > do s
          > > > serious training DVD.
          > > >
          > > > I've been leaning towards a vibrant, rich blue for the wall
          colors,
          > > > but I'm not sure.
          > > >
          > > > Any suggestions or other information would be appreciated.
          > > >
          > > > peace,
          > > > ron

        • Rupert
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 2, 2008
            I don't know, because it's been a long time since i blue/green
            screened anything, but I would guess that if you've got a ton of
            light on the backdrop then you may be getting some reflected blue
            backlight around your subjects which might be causing the aura.

            I think the chromakey apps are pretty clever in the way they handle
            the edges of subjects, and this reflected blue backlight might be
            confusing them. I think this is the spill-suppression that liza jean
            mentioned. You could either try using a lower intensity light to
            light the backdrop - perhaps a few fluorescent strips to get even-
            ness. or backlight the subject so that the light aura around them is
            tungsten/fluorescent instead of reflected blue. i would imagine that
            this would help the chroma filter to recognise the edges of your
            subject.

            As far as I know, Blue is a better chroma colour to use for
            skintones. But I could be wrong.

            I would guess that there's a ton of information available via Google
            for setting this stuff up well.

            Rupert
            http://twittervlog.tv/