Hello

  • Kelly Kendziorski
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 4, 2005
      Hi everyone. My name is Kelly, and I am a student at Reed College
      studying Anthropology. I am currently working on a thesis about local
      filmmakers and how they are differentiated from "independent"
      filmmakers in Hollywood. Because of this, I think a lot about methods
      of corporate co-optation and how people, particularly media makers,
      get around that, or work with it, whichever the case may be. I'm also
      intereseted in the way that people organize themselves into
      communites, both online and in the physical world. All of these
      things have brought me to you woderful people making video blogs. I
      really wanted to become part of this because I think that there is a
      lot of potential for vlogging in terms of changing the way people
      communicate and I would like to be a part of that whole discourse.
      Currently, I'm still working out my relationship with the technology,
      so the content of my post is not great, but as I figure this out, I'll
      be able to be a little bit more articulate. Well, that's the hope at
      least.

      My v/blog: http://projectid.blogspot.com
      My feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/projectid

      I look forward to more conversation with all of you.

      Kelly
    • Marc Adams
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 4, 2005
        Welcome aboard Kelly.

        I love anthropology.

        Marc from haterade.net

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Kelly Kendziorski
        <kelly.kend@g...> wrote:
        > Hi everyone. My name is Kelly, and I am a student at Reed College
        > studying Anthropology. I am currently working on a thesis about local
        > filmmakers and how they are differentiated from "independent"
        > filmmakers in Hollywood. Because of this, I think a lot about methods
        > of corporate co-optation and how people, particularly media makers,
        > get around that, or work with it, whichever the case may be. I'm also
        > intereseted in the way that people organize themselves into
        > communites, both online and in the physical world. All of these
        > things have brought me to you woderful people making video blogs. I
        > really wanted to become part of this because I think that there is a
        > lot of potential for vlogging in terms of changing the way people
        > communicate and I would like to be a part of that whole discourse.
        > Currently, I'm still working out my relationship with the technology,
        > so the content of my post is not great, but as I figure this out, I'll
        > be able to be a little bit more articulate. Well, that's the hope at
        > least.
        >
        > My v/blog: http://projectid.blogspot.com
        > My feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/projectid
        >
        > I look forward to more conversation with all of you.
        >
        > Kelly
      • Michael Sullivan
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 4, 2005
          welcome!
          watched your vid.... good start.
          ask the group questions, you'll def get answers.

          sull

          On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 04:09:17 -0000, Marc Adams <k41d3n@...> wrote:

          > Welcome aboard Kelly.
          >
          > I love anthropology.
          >
          > Marc from haterade.net
          >
          > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Kelly Kendziorski
          > <kelly.kend@g...> wrote:
          > > Hi everyone. My name is Kelly, and I am a student at Reed College
          > > studying Anthropology. I am currently working on a thesis about local
          > > filmmakers and how they are differentiated from "independent"
          > > filmmakers in Hollywood. Because of this, I think a lot about methods
          > > of corporate co-optation and how people, particularly media makers,
          > > get around that, or work with it, whichever the case may be. I'm also
          > > intereseted in the way that people organize themselves into
          > > communites, both online and in the physical world. All of these
          > > things have brought me to you woderful people making video blogs. I
          > > really wanted to become part of this because I think that there is a
          > > lot of potential for vlogging in terms of changing the way people
          > > communicate and I would like to be a part of that whole discourse.
          > > Currently, I'm still working out my relationship with the technology,
          > > so the content of my post is not great, but as I figure this out, I'll
          > > be able to be a little bit more articulate. Well, that's the hope at
          > > least.
          > >
          > > My v/blog: http://projectid.blogspot.com
          > > My feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/projectid
          > >
          > > I look forward to more conversation with all of you.
          > >
          > > Kelly

          ~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~
          i n t e r d i g i t a t e . c o m
          =====================
        • Marc Adams
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 4, 2005
            Found your issue Kelly. When you make your link to your video, like a
            href after the url and before the ending angle bracket > put a
            rel="enclosure"

            Feedburner will be happy, and so will I. Because then Ant will
            download your vids.

            Take care,

            Marc

            <kelly.kend@g...> wrote:
            > Hi everyone. My name is Kelly, and I am a student at Reed College
            > studying Anthropology. I am currently working on a thesis about local
            > filmmakers and how they are differentiated from "independent"
            > filmmakers in Hollywood. Because of this, I think a lot about methods
            > of corporate co-optation and how people, particularly media makers,
            > get around that, or work with it, whichever the case may be. I'm also
            > intereseted in the way that people organize themselves into
            > communites, both online and in the physical world. All of these
            > things have brought me to you woderful people making video blogs. I
            > really wanted to become part of this because I think that there is a
            > lot of potential for vlogging in terms of changing the way people
            > communicate and I would like to be a part of that whole discourse.
            > Currently, I'm still working out my relationship with the technology,
            > so the content of my post is not great, but as I figure this out, I'll
            > be able to be a little bit more articulate. Well, that's the hope at
            > least.
            >
            > My v/blog: http://projectid.blogspot.com
            > My feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/projectid
            >
            > I look forward to more conversation with all of you.
            >
            > Kelly
          • Joon Kang
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 1 7:11 AM
              Hi my name is Joon, I live in South Korea and I wanted to say hello
              and thank you guys for accepting me into your group. I also wanted to
              thank you for your great website www.freevlog.org you guys so far have
              the best and easiest step by step explanation for what I thought would
              be an impossible task. Hope to pick your brains in the future. Once
              again thank you for creating such a great resource and support system,
              YOU GUYS ROCK.
            • Lynn Lane
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 1 7:16 AM
                Joon...

                Welcome to the group! Drop a post on here when you get your vlog up and running so we can check it out!

                Best,
                Lynn

                Lynn Lane
                Coal River Pictures/SKILLZ DVD Magazine

                Vlogs:

                "Docmaker on the Go"

                "Hip-Hop Vlog"

                Coming Soon:
                www.Vlogumentarian.com
                www.VlogReporter.com

                AIVF/IDA

                Ring 8 Member
                NYC

                On Dec 1, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Joon Kang wrote:

                Hi my name is Joon, I live in South Korea and I wanted to say hello
                and thank you guys for accepting me into your group.  I also wanted to
                thank you for your great website www.freevlog.org you guys so far have
                the best and easiest step by step explanation for what I thought would
                be an impossible task.  Hope to pick your brains in the future.  Once
                again thank you for creating such a great resource and support system,
                YOU GUYS ROCK.

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              • Deirdre Straughan
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 1 7:33 AM
                  Hi, Joon, welcome aboard! We look forward to seeing your work. I hear there's tons of broadband in South Korea, so I would think there'd be a lot of interest in videoblogging there.

                  --
                  best regards,
                  Deirdré Straughan

                  www.beginningwithi.com (personal)
                  www.tvblob.com (work)
                • Joon Kang
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 1 8:07 AM
                    You're right we've got tons of broadband, but most people use it to
                    upload videos from sports highlight or American shows or hobby things.
                    In South Korea, there's a lot of cafes (equivalent to groups like
                    yahoo, they just call it cafes here) and people upload their videos
                    there, not too many original contents like the States as of yet. But
                    I did do a test video (from my Canon Powershot A95) with my Booger to
                    make sure I knew what I was doing, here's the link
                    http://www.ourmedia.org/node/102620 Anyways the dude that's editing
                    the vlog we did do is like procrastinating like there's always
                    tomorrow. So as soon as he's done I'm posting.

                    --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Deirdre Straughan
                    <deirdre.straughan@g...> wrote:

                    > Hi, Joon, welcome aboard! We look forward to seeing your work. I hear
                    > there's tons of broadband in South Korea, so I would think there'd
                    be a lot
                    > of interest in videoblogging there.
                    >
                    > --
                    > best regards,
                    > Deirdr� Straughan
                    >
                    > www.beginningwithi.com (personal)
                    > www.tvblob.com (work)

                  • Joon Kang
                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 1 8:11 AM
                      Wow, you guyz r amazing, thank you for the quick reply.

                      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Lynn Lane <lynnlane@m...> wrote:

                      > Joon...
                      >
                      > Welcome to the group! Drop a post on here when you get your vlog up
                      > and running so we can check it out!
                      >
                      > Best,
                      > Lynn
                      >
                      > Lynn Lane
                      > Coal River Pictures/SKILLZ DVD Magazine
                      > website: www.CoalRiverPictures.com
                      > email: lynnlane@m...
                      >
                      > Vlogs:
                      >
                      > "Docmaker on the Go"
                      > vlog: http://docmaker.blogspot.com
                      > feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/docmaker
                      >
                      > "Hip-Hop Vlog"
                      > vlog: http://hiphopvlog.blogspot.com
                      > feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/hiphopvlog
                      >
                      > Coming Soon:
                      > www.Vlogumentarian.com
                      > www.VlogReporter.com
                      >
                      > AIVF/IDA
                      >
                      > Ring 8 Member
                      > NYC
                      >

                      > On Dec 1, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Joon Kang wrote:
                      >
                      > > Hi my name is Joon, I live in South Korea and I wanted to say hello
                      > > and thank you guys for accepting me into your group. I also wanted to
                      > > thank you for your great website www.freevlog.org you guys so far have
                      > > the best and easiest step by step explanation for what I thought would
                      > > be an impossible task. Hope to pick your brains in the future. Once
                      > > again thank you for creating such a great resource and support system,
                      > > YOU GUYS ROCK.
                      > >

                      > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                      > >
                      > > Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.

                    • Joan Khoo
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 1 1:38 PM
                        Hi Joon,
                        Looking forward to seeing your videos.
                        Cheers
                        Joan

                        <deirdre.straughan@g...> wrote:

                        > Hi, Joon, welcome aboard! We look forward to seeing your work. I hear
                        > there's tons of broadband in South Korea, so I would think there'd
                        be a lot
                        > of interest in videoblogging there.
                        >
                        > --
                        > best regards,
                        > Deirdr&#65533; Straughan
                        >
                        > www.beginningwithi.com (personal)
                        > www.tvblob.com (work)

                      • mariyudi mariyudi
                        Message 11 of 21 , Mar 11, 2006
                          Hi

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • LeanBackVids.com
                          Message 12 of 21 , May 11, 2006
                            Details about what? And there does not seem to be a way to download
                            this file from the Yahoo Group's Web site? I'm confused.

                            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "jay.dedman" <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

                            > i attached the details.
                            >
                            > Thank you

                          • jay.dedman
                            Message 13 of 21 , May 11, 2006
                              i attached the details.

                              Thank you
                            • Michael Szpakowski
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jan 31, 2007
                                Hi
                                just joined the group.
                                Actually only found out about it since Doron was kind
                                enough to post a link here to one of my movies & I got
                                some feedback from some of you - hello again! - I
                                guess I lead a sheltered life.
                                My vlog is at:

                                http://www.somedancersandmusicians.com/vlog/ScenesOfProvincialLife.cgi

                                The discussion here looks detailed & interesting & I'm
                                looking forward to reading what folk have to say &
                                maybe participating a little.

                                Actually, just as a little public service, I don't
                                know whether people have seen it here already, sorry
                                if yes, there's a blog/vlog submission section in this
                                event, looks quite interesting:

                                http://www.artechmedia.net/artechmedia-congreso/artists_call.htm

                                Also Agricola De Cologne is doing a blog/vlog show -
                                can't remember the submission address, a little
                                googling should uncover it..

                                best wishes
                                michael
                              • sull
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jan 31, 2007
                                  Welcome!
                                  Interesting Work.

                                  --
                                  Sull
                                  http://vlogdir.com (a project)

                                • reeanne123
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jun 28, 2010
                                    Hi Everyone,

                                    I'm new to the group and to videoblogging!

                                    I've joined this group to learn about best practices in vblogging,
                                    including remote interview tools/techniques, best blogging platforms for
                                    video and other digital media elements like mobile integration --
                                    (Blogger, Wordpress.org, Wordpress.com, other?).

                                    Also, to generally share my experience in this whole process so that
                                    other newbies might benefit. I don't have a big business budget, so
                                    looking to find solutions that are open, high-quality/cost effective.

                                    Look forward to connecting!
                                    Ree
                                  • Markus Sandy
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jun 28, 2010
                                      Welcome Ree!

                                      Good topics. You came to the right place.

                                      Got a vlog yet? url? feed? What kind of videoblogging projects or
                                      sites are you contemplating?

                                      Over the years, I've gone from Blogger to my own WordPress site to
                                      Drupal for larger projects. Over the years, I've been quite impressed
                                      with blogger+youtube as tools, but not quite as happy from a TOS/
                                      rights standpoint when compared to running my own site and using
                                      hosting providers like blip.tv, who support Creative Commons licensing
                                      and cross posting to the Internet Archive. In the end, I use whatever
                                      option is appropriate for the job at hand. I love to teach and still
                                      find the old freevlogger path starting at blogger the most accessible
                                      to the greatest number of people, especially those who don't care to
                                      geek out on the technology like some of us.

                                      Many of us are interested in open source solutions, quality and
                                      keeping costs down and so you are in good company. :)

                                      Markus
                                      http://ojaidigitaldojo.net

                                      On Jun 28, 2010, at 5:26 PM, reeanne123 wrote:

                                      > Hi Everyone,
                                      >
                                      > I'm new to the group and to videoblogging!
                                      >
                                      > I've joined this group to learn about best practices in vblogging,
                                      > including remote interview tools/techniques, best blogging platforms
                                      > for
                                      > video and other digital media elements like mobile integration --
                                      > (Blogger, Wordpress.org, Wordpress.com, other?).
                                      >
                                      > Also, to generally share my experience in this whole process so that
                                      > other newbies might benefit. I don't have a big business budget, so
                                      > looking to find solutions that are open, high-quality/cost effective.
                                      >
                                      > Look forward to connecting!
                                      > Ree

                                    • David Jones
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jun 28, 2010
                                        On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:26 AM, reeanne123 <reeanne123@...> wrote:

                                        > Hi Everyone,
                                        >
                                        > I'm new to the group and to videoblogging!
                                        >
                                        > I've joined this group to learn about best practices in vblogging,
                                        > including remote interview tools/techniques, best blogging platforms for
                                        > video and other digital media elements like mobile integration --
                                        > (Blogger, Wordpress.org, Wordpress.com, other?).
                                        >
                                        > Also, to generally share my experience in this whole process so that
                                        > other newbies might benefit. I don't have a big business budget, so
                                        > looking to find solutions that are open, high-quality/cost effective.
                                        >
                                        > Look forward to connecting!
                                        > Ree

                                        Hi Ree
                                        See my beginner story here:

                                        I say forget Blogger, set up your own website from day one using Wordpress.
                                        Web hosting costs as little as a few dollars a month and that will get
                                        you single click install for Wordpress and other blogs. You usually
                                        get a free domain name too, if not it's under $10/year. Forget using
                                        anything other than Wordpress though, it's the standard and is easy to
                                        use.
                                        I use Hostmonster.com for hosting, but there are countless others.
                                        Make sure your web host has SimpleScripts single click install for
                                        Wordpress.
                                        Get your site theme right from day one and stick with it.

                                        The PodPress plugin for Wordpress allows you to easily create an
                                        iTunes compatible feed. Feedburner is good for the RSS feed.
                                        I use Handbrake to generate a Podcast version of my blog for those
                                        that view on mobiles/iPhone etc.

                                        You would want to have a very good reason to use anything other than
                                        Youtube to host your videos, as that's how people are usually going to
                                        search for and find you.

                                        As for monetising your blog, it takes time (and content+views) to
                                        become a Youtube partner. But that doesn't stop you putting Google
                                        Adsense ads on your Wordpress blog from the start.

                                        What do you mean exactly by remote interviewing?

                                        Regards
                                        Dave.
                                      • Steve Eisenberg
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Jun 28, 2010
                                          Welcome!

                                          On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 8:26 PM, reeanne123 <reeanne123@...> wrote:

                                          > Hi Everyone,
                                          >
                                          > I'm new to the group and to videoblogging!
                                          >
                                          > I've joined this group to learn about best practices in vblogging,
                                          > including remote interview tools/techniques, best blogging platforms for
                                          > video and other digital media elements like mobile integration --
                                          > (Blogger, Wordpress.org, Wordpress.com, other?).
                                          >
                                          > Also, to generally share my experience in this whole process so that
                                          > other newbies might benefit. I don't have a big business budget, so
                                          > looking to find solutions that are open, high-quality/cost effective.
                                          >
                                          > Look forward to connecting!
                                          > Ree

                                        • Mark Villaseñor
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Jun 28, 2010
                                            Reeanne: "I don't have a big business budget, so looking to find solutions
                                            that are open, high-quality/cost effective."

                                            Howdy Ree:
                                            ...Welcome. You'll find this group a varied bunch; knowledgeable, friendly
                                            and supportive. And I'm sure you'll glean plenty of cost-cutting tips, which
                                            still produce high quality visuals.

                                            Since it appears you're new (maybe fresh outta-the-box)? I suggest you
                                            pick-up a copy of "Get Seen" by Steve Garfield
                                            (http://www.stevegarfield.com), who is also a contributor here. It's a good
                                            read and will help you establish a clearer understanding of what you've
                                            gotten yourself into. :D

                                            Happy Trails,
                                            Mark Villaseñor,
                                            http://www.TailTrex.tv
                                            Canine Adventures For Charity - sm
                                            http://www.SOAR508.org
                                          • Marie G.
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Jun 29, 2010
                                              Hi Mark,
                                              Loved your note. Thank you for the warm welcome and sense of humor.
                                              I'll check out the book you suggested, sounds interesting. As for the shock of discovery. . . thanks for the warning. : )

                                              Ree