Re: [videoblogging] Re: Video Goes Underground

  • Rupert
    Message 1 of 103 , Aug 5 3:53 AM
      either:
      - hardly anyone who still reads this list has watched it
      - this list has lost its edge as well as its volume
      - you've said all that needs to be said
      - all of the above

      brilliant, funny, excoriating, ballsy
      are you the only one out there with a polemical revolutionary streak?

      On 1-Aug-08, at 4:43 PM, ractalfece wrote:

      This new video is a scorcher. I call out some of the corporate
      content creators. Epic-Fu, Ask A Ninja, French Maid. I think I
      called Michael Rosenblum a human potato.

      Anybody else notice how about every six months, shit hits the fan on
      this list?

      It's that time again.

    • Sheila English
      Message 103 of 103 , Aug 18 6:58 PM
        Hi Milt!

        Statistics show that releasing a novel one chapter at a time does not
        harm sales when you finally bundle it to sell in full. In some cases
        it actually helps the sales. I was just on a panel called Digital
        Bundling for BEA (Book Expo America) and we discussed these topics
        specifically.

        I think selling a DVD of your accumulated material is good idea. Try
        it out and see how it goes! You can always make it "for a limited time
        only" in case it proves to be more trouble than it is worth.

        What might be interesting to try, and perhaps this is something I
        could bring up to the ADM (Association of Downloadable Media), is a
        list of quality content providers that are grouped according to target
        audience, genre and/or synopsis, then advertise those shows to ad
        agencies, video sites, out-of-home markets, etc. as package deals.
        Sell seasons, advertise for sponsors, etc. all in one area so people
        can go there and shop for shows. Or, perhaps there's something like
        that out there already and I don't know about it?

        For me, I would totally be up for paying for sponsorship or for a
        season of a good, quality show that has anything to do with books,
        comics, reading or literacy. I just don't know where to go to find
        those shows. But it would be great to have a new line up for my
        Reader's Entertainment TV site.

        Just typing out loud. ;-)

        Sheila