Video Goes Underground

  • schlomo rabinowitz
    Message 1 of 103 , Aug 1, 2008
      John from TotalVom, whose work has often discussed his role within a world
      of online content creators (as well as comment on them), has had enough of
      the youtube comments and decides to go BitTorrent only.
      I can see a whole slew of bittorrents by small artists that dont need the
      ubiquitous nature of posting content everywhere and just put out a torrent
      that you send to friends.

      http://totalvom.blip.tv/file/1127884/

      I envision a bittorrent tracker only for original longish form video
      content; people "friending" each other in Vuse to share the workload (does
      anyone actually friend each other in their trackers? I dont, seems weird).
      Awesome and easy to set up, where creators create to dialog with each other
      without the need/care of Views and Comments.

      I own moneythong.com, sounds like a good name for an Underground Video
      Bittorrent tracker site. Does someone know how to make one of these?

      And yes, I'm inspired and serious.

      --
      Schlomo Rabinowitz
      http://schlomolog.blogspot.com

    • Sheila English
      Message 103 of 103 , Aug 18, 2008
        Hi Milt!

        Statistics show that releasing a novel one chapter at a time does not
        harm sales when you finally bundle it to sell in full. In some cases
        it actually helps the sales. I was just on a panel called Digital
        Bundling for BEA (Book Expo America) and we discussed these topics
        specifically.

        I think selling a DVD of your accumulated material is good idea. Try
        it out and see how it goes! You can always make it "for a limited time
        only" in case it proves to be more trouble than it is worth.

        What might be interesting to try, and perhaps this is something I
        could bring up to the ADM (Association of Downloadable Media), is a
        list of quality content providers that are grouped according to target
        audience, genre and/or synopsis, then advertise those shows to ad
        agencies, video sites, out-of-home markets, etc. as package deals.
        Sell seasons, advertise for sponsors, etc. all in one area so people
        can go there and shop for shows. Or, perhaps there's something like
        that out there already and I don't know about it?

        For me, I would totally be up for paying for sponsorship or for a
        season of a good, quality show that has anything to do with books,
        comics, reading or literacy. I just don't know where to go to find
        those shows. But it would be great to have a new line up for my
        Reader's Entertainment TV site.

        Just typing out loud. ;-)

        Sheila