Re: Vloggercamp Who is going?

  • ractalfece
    Message 1 of 57 , Jun 30 11:32 PM
      If I make it to vloggercamp. And I'm really gonna try. If I make it
      I'll sit around and bullshit about kicking some mothervloggin ass with
      whoever will listen. Here's an idea that popped into my head and I
      don't know what to do with it. So I'm going to pretend I'm looking
      into a camp fire with a beer in my hand. Because that's really where
      ideas like this should go. Into a fire.

      Okay, you know the youtube system, how suggested videos pop up in the
      player after you watch one? And also there's the related video list
      over on the sidebar. In the early days it was based on tags. And you
      could get massive amounts of views by changing your tags to the tags
      of a popular video. But they've changed the algorithm. I think
      they're now using some sort of social scoring system sort of like
      google page rank. And the evidence I'm going on here is the strange
      experiences I've had with my videos. Someone leaves an intriguing
      comment and I want to know more about this person. I go to the
      commenter's youtube profile, I watch one of the commenter's videos and
      one of my own videos pops up in the player! I've also noticed odd
      behaviour with the videos I've favorited- they have a tendency to show
      up on the related sidebar list together.

      Okay, so do you realize what we as a vlogging community could do? We
      could create an insular social circle so that the majority of the
      videos that pop up are from our circle. Nay, our cult! We could all
      start inserting a single frame of satanic imagery. Think how this
      will look to the average youtuber. He or she keeps clicking on the
      videos that youtube suggests and everything youtube serves up has the
      same dark image inexplicably inserted into it. No better yet: a
      whispered phrase. Think about it.

      I'm gonna go take a leak over in those bushes now.

      WE COULD DRAMATICALLY INCREASE THE WHIRLY SPEED OF THE APOCALYPSE!

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "ruperthowe" <rupert@...> wrote:

      > if i tell my wife that i'm burning $1000 that i can't really afford to
      > spend 5 days away (including my daughter's birthday) when she's 8
      > months pregnant and when my sister, her boyfriend and her two kids are
      > visiting from England and staying in our house.... just for FUN, then
      > i'll get fired. maritally speaking.
      > if i'm coming, i'm coming to kick some mothervloggin' ass. not chew
      > straw and whittle.
      >
      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Irina <irinaski@> wrote:
      > >
      > > rupert
      > >
      > > i think this was just for FUN
      > > heard of it?
      > >
      > > On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Rupert <rupert@> wrote:
      > >
      > > > 5 have paid - but there are THIRTY people on the list on the wiki,
      > > > right? So. That's where it needs to be to start with. No we've got
      > > > to persuade each other to put our money where our mouth is.
      > > >
      > > > Seems to me that all these people WANT to go, but need to know who
      > > > else is going before they put their money down and buy their
      tickets.

      > > > It's this point, decision time, when we all measure the mood and
      work
      > > > out whether it's worth it to us, right?
      > > >
      > > > If those 30 people come - and more - this will be a GREAT few days.
      > > >
      > > > Not just hanging out in the woods with a bunch of video weirdos, but
      > > > a time to really take things to the next level.
      > > >
      > > > The events list on the Vloggercamp wiki is still mostly full of
      ideas
      > > > for tech lessons.
      > > >
      > > > But it seems to me that most of us who are going have cracked the
      > > > technology a long time ago.
      > > >
      > > > We're not pioneers in anything any more. Everyone with a broadband
      > > > connection has watched YouTube.
      > > >
      > > > Now we've got to figure out What We Want To Do With It.
      > > >
      > > > Both for ourselves personally - as a hobby - and collectively, as a
      > > > group: where the exciting shit is, what the new challenges and
      > > > opportunities are, to use bullshit Media Convention marketing speak.
      > > >
      > > > I've heard people talk about collaborative Shows, interactive
      > > > storytelling, grassroots democracy & journalism, becoming better
      > > > filmmakers.
      > > >
      > > > What *I* want from it is to go and hang out with some of you cutting
      > > > edge motherfuckers and come up with some stuff that we can do
      > > > TOGETHER. Make some stuff there and then, and come away with plans
      > > > for the next year.
      > > >
      > > > COME ON! Sign up, let's make this an unmissable event, a much needed
      > > > turning point and new beginning.
      > > >
      > > > Rupert
      > > > http://twittervlog.tv
      > > >

      > > > On 30-Jun-08, at 7:45 AM, Bill Streeter wrote:
      > > >
      > > > We have 5 people who have registered.
      > > >
      > > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
      > <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,

      > > http://geekentertainment.tv