Re: [videoblogging] new flip camera

  • Tim Street
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5 3:22 PM
      I wish they would go 16:9 with it.

      When I got the Ultra it took me forever to get it working with my Mac.

      Tim Street
      Creator/Executive Producer
      French Maid TV
      tim@...
      Add French Maid TV to Your iTunes @
      http://frenchmaidtv.com/itunes
      http://1timstreet.com
      http://twitter.com/1timstreet

      On Jun 5, 2008, at 3:18 PM, Jay dedman wrote:

      > http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/05/pure-digital-flip-mino-review-round-up/
      >
      > The new Flip camera is out.
      > i think its got a rechargeable battery now. it did just use AA
      > batteries.
      >
      > its cool that it comes with a USB drive built in, but it is strange
      > that it costs $200.
      > You can buy the Powershot for cheaper.
      > maybe it is the ease of use?
      >
      > jay
      >
      > --
      > http://jaydedman.com
      > 917 371 6790

    • Kevin Lim
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5 3:23 PM
        I hope the original Flip Ultra drops in price now that the Miro is
        out. This way we could do interesting social experiments, like handing
        out vidcams to everyday people for ethnographic studies.

        --
        Kevin Lim
        Social Media Provocateur
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 5 5:58 PM
          I'm not too excited about the new Flip. The only real features it has is
          it's smaller (big deal) and it can be charged by usb. And they made it more
          expensive, bad move.

          The Vado from Creative Labs won't be a true competitor. The sound is bad and
          the colors not as good.

          RCA small wonder is what I'll test next but I'm going to guess it won't be
          as good as the Flip either. Until a serious competitor emerges in that space
          the Flip continues to win, especially since they have so much momentum and
          buzz.

          Jim

          www.jimkukral.com