new flip camera

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2008
      http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/05/pure-digital-flip-mino-review-round-up/

      The new Flip camera is out.
      i think its got a rechargeable battery now. it did just use AA batteries.

      its cool that it comes with a USB drive built in, but it is strange
      that it costs $200.
      You can buy the Powershot for cheaper.
      maybe it is the ease of use?

      jay

      --
      http://jaydedman.com
      917 371 6790
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2008
        I wish they would go 16:9 with it.

        When I got the Ultra it took me forever to get it working with my Mac.

        Tim Street
        Creator/Executive Producer
        French Maid TV
        tim@...
        Add French Maid TV to Your iTunes @
        http://frenchmaidtv.com/itunes
        http://1timstreet.com
        http://twitter.com/1timstreet

        On Jun 5, 2008, at 3:18 PM, Jay dedman wrote:

        > http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/05/pure-digital-flip-mino-review-round-up/
        >
        > The new Flip camera is out.
        > i think its got a rechargeable battery now. it did just use AA
        > batteries.
        >
        > its cool that it comes with a USB drive built in, but it is strange
        > that it costs $200.
        > You can buy the Powershot for cheaper.
        > maybe it is the ease of use?
        >
        > jay
        >
        > --
        > http://jaydedman.com
        > 917 371 6790

      • Kevin Lim
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 5, 2008
          I hope the original Flip Ultra drops in price now that the Miro is
          out. This way we could do interesting social experiments, like handing
          out vidcams to everyday people for ethnographic studies.

          --
          Kevin Lim
          Social Media Provocateur
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 5, 2008
            I'm not too excited about the new Flip. The only real features it has is
            it's smaller (big deal) and it can be charged by usb. And they made it more
            expensive, bad move.

            The Vado from Creative Labs won't be a true competitor. The sound is bad and
            the colors not as good.

            RCA small wonder is what I'll test next but I'm going to guess it won't be
            as good as the Flip either. Until a serious competitor emerges in that space
            the Flip continues to win, especially since they have so much momentum and
            buzz.

            Jim

            www.jimkukral.com