Re: Question about hosting your own video's

  • Clintus
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2008
      Some sites like Vimeo and Viddler give you the option to not allow the
      original video files to be downloaded. And both sites give you privacy
      tools such as passwords and secret url's.

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Heath" <heathparks@...> wrote:

      > I have a friend who wants to put video of his kids up on his site using
      > a flash player, but he wants to host the video's locally on his own
      > site. I have talked with him about blip, etc but because of the age of
      > his kids, he is a bit hesitaint..(I know, he is more concerned with the
      > fact people could download the vid, more than people being able to view
      > the video's) anyway..I was hoping someone (s) here had some experience
      > in this matter and would be willing to share some tips. He is using
      > wordpress hosted on his site and wants to be able to embed his flash
      > video's (maybe other types as well) onto his site. Since I use Blip,
      > and have never done the self hosting route, I said I would ask around.
      >
      > Thanks in advance for your help
      >
      > Heath
      > http://batmangeek.com
      > http://heathparks.com

    • * Jennifer Hall Goodwin *
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2008
        We do this all day long for ourselves and clients. Send him my way and I'll
        help him out.

        We have used, YouTube, Revver, Blip, AudioAcrobat, PodCast, locally hosted
        etc etc etc.

        Jennifer Goodwin

        <http://www.internetgirlfriday.com/> www.internetGIRLfriday.com
        "Give Us Your Work, We'll Double Your Free Time/Revenue"

        We are a group of Virtual Assistants & Online Marketing Experts:
        administrative assistants, graphic & web designers, bookkeepers,
        travel/event planners, marketing & pr gurus, receptionists,
        computer organizers, lead generators and partners of many business
        vendors...