Re: Question about hosting your own video's

  • Heath
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2008
      yea, I was going to mention that as well...he's still a bit new to
      the whole idea of vlogging, in fact I doubt he thinks that is what he
      is doing... ;) But I wanted to be able to give him options then
      ease into all the benifits that are gained..

      Thanks Michael and Bill..

      Heath
      http://batmangeek.com
      http://heathparks.com

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Cammack"
      <billcammack@...> wrote:

      > Also, make sure you inform your friend that FLVs can be pulled off
      of
      > his page anyway. Not to mention, with screen capture programs, all
      > you have to do is press record on the program and press play on the
      video.

      > So... He might want to make sure he posts his videos with passwords
      > and only gives those passwords to people that he wants to view the
      videos.

      > Bill Cammack
      > http://billcammack.com
      >
      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Verdi"
      > <michaelverdi@> wrote:
      > >
      > > It's a pretty similar process. If he's using wordpress, he could
      > > install vPIP and use that to embed the videos (the URL would come
      from
      > > his server instead of blip). Another option is the Flash Video
      Plugin

      > <http://www.mac-dev.net/blog/download-flash-video-player-plugin-for-
      wordpress/>,
      > > it's designed to work with the Jeroen Wijering Media Player
      > > <http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=JW_FLV_Media_Player>.
      > >
      > > - Verdi
      > >
      > > On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Heath <heathparks@> wrote:
      > > > I have a friend who wants to put video of his kids up on his
      site
      > using
      > > > a flash player, but he wants to host the video's locally on his
      own
      > > > site. I have talked with him about blip, etc but because of the
      > age of
      > > > his kids, he is a bit hesitaint..(I know, he is more concerned
      > with the
      > > > fact people could download the vid, more than people being able
      > view
      > > > the video's) anyway..I was hoping someone (s) here had some
      > experience
      > > > in this matter and would be willing to share some tips. He is
      using
      > > > wordpress hosted on his site and wants to be able to embed his
      flash
      > > > video's (maybe other types as well) onto his site. Since I use
      Blip,
      > > > and have never done the self hosting route, I said I would ask
      around.

      > > > Thanks in advance for your help
      > > >
      > > > Heath
      > > > http://batmangeek.com
      > > > http://heathparks.com

      > > http://graymattergravy.com
      > > http://reportsfromthefuture.com
      > > http://michaelverdi.com

    • Clintus
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2008
        Some sites like Vimeo and Viddler give you the option to not allow the
        original video files to be downloaded. And both sites give you privacy
        tools such as passwords and secret url's.

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Heath" <heathparks@...> wrote:

        > I have a friend who wants to put video of his kids up on his site using
        > a flash player, but he wants to host the video's locally on his own
        > site. I have talked with him about blip, etc but because of the age of
        > his kids, he is a bit hesitaint..(I know, he is more concerned with the
        > fact people could download the vid, more than people being able to view
        > the video's) anyway..I was hoping someone (s) here had some experience
        > in this matter and would be willing to share some tips. He is using
        > wordpress hosted on his site and wants to be able to embed his flash
        > video's (maybe other types as well) onto his site. Since I use Blip,
        > and have never done the self hosting route, I said I would ask around.
        >
        > Thanks in advance for your help
        >
        > Heath
        > http://batmangeek.com
        > http://heathparks.com

      • * Jennifer Hall Goodwin *
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2008
          We do this all day long for ourselves and clients. Send him my way and I'll
          help him out.

          We have used, YouTube, Revver, Blip, AudioAcrobat, PodCast, locally hosted
          etc etc etc.

          Jennifer Goodwin

          <http://www.internetgirlfriday.com/> www.internetGIRLfriday.com
          "Give Us Your Work, We'll Double Your Free Time/Revenue"

          We are a group of Virtual Assistants & Online Marketing Experts:
          administrative assistants, graphic & web designers, bookkeepers,
          travel/event planners, marketing & pr gurus, receptionists,
          computer organizers, lead generators and partners of many business
          vendors...