Re: Working with multiple cameras

  • Bill Cammack
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2008
      100,000 gazillion percent agreed with Richard on letting the cameras
      run. :D

      Tape is cheap compared to hours of an editor sitting there figuring
      out which section of your footage matches which other section. Even
      if you're doing it yourself, it's a waste of your time, where you
      could be working on other projects or making THIS project better.

      Leave the cameras running. If you need to, stand somewhere where both
      cameras can see you and clap once so that both cameras get the sound
      and both cameras see your hands come together. When it's time to
      edit, load both 1-hour tapes fully to your drives, line up or
      multiclip the claps and work from there. The time savings are well
      worth it.

      It's not exactly on-topic, but here's a two-camera shoot I did with
      Bre Pettis <http://brepettis.com> and Justin Day <http://blip.tv> =>
      <http://billcammack.com/2008/05/06/blip-on-blip-24-bre-pettis-making-internet-video/>

      Same principle. Start the cameras, let them roll, drop all the
      unwanted footage on the cutting room floor.

      Bill Cammack
      http://billcammack.com

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Amirault"