Video Themes for Wordpress, send me a few examples pls

  • leesarbarnes
    Message 1 of 10 , May 29, 2008
      I was poking around Google looking for some video wordpress themes.
      There are so few.

      So, if you're using Wordpress to post your video files, could you
      share your link with me? Also, let me know if it is a customized
      design or if you're using a template (and the name of it).

      I know about Rocketboom, French Maid TV, EpicFU and Wallstrip. Plus, I
      found these templates:

      http://quommunication.com/video/demo/
      http://tinyurl.com/3tqxse
      http://themes.graymattergravy.com/
      http://foxinni.com/my-themes/video-wordpress-theme/
      http://showinabox.tv/
      And a video blog dream theme which I won't link to since it didn't
      offer any demos of its theme

      But, I'm looking for more unique and non-mainstream video podcasters
      who are using Wordpress. Do share your links with me.

      Thanks,

      Leesa Barnes
      Author, Podcasting for Profit
      http://www.leesabarnes.com
    • Adam Warner
      Message 2 of 10 , May 29, 2008
        I am one of the creators of this theme...
        http://wordpressmodder.org/video-producer-double-feature-wordpress-theme-series-release-158.html

        And the themes here are beautiful...
        http://www.wpelements.com/

        Hope this helps your search:)

        Adam W. Warner
        http://wordpressmodder.org
        http://videobloggingreview.com

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 10 , May 29, 2008
          http://wreckandsalvage.com/ is a custom Wordpress theme. You can make WP do
          just about anything with a little CSS and DIVs.

          On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Adam Warner <awarner20@...> wrote:

          > I am one of the creators of this theme...
          >
          > http://wordpressmodder.org/video-producer-double-feature-wordpress-theme-series-release-158.html
          >
          > And the themes here are beautiful...
          > http://www.wpelements.com/
          >
          > Hope this helps your search:)
          >

          > Adam W. Warner
          > http://wordpressmodder.org
          > http://videobloggingreview.com
          >
          > ________________________________

        • Susan
          Message 4 of 10 , May 29, 2008
            Here's my new one that I've been working on...
            http://vlog.kitykity.com

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Quirk" <quirk@...> wrote:

            > http://wreckandsalvage.com/ is a custom Wordpress theme. You can
            make WP do
            > just about anything with a little CSS and DIVs.
            >
            > On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Adam Warner <awarner20@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I am one of the creators of this theme...

            http://wordpressmodder.org/video-producer-double-feature-wordpress-theme-series-release-158.html

            > > And the themes here are beautiful...
            > > http://www.wpelements.com/
            > >
            > > Hope this helps your search:)
            > >

            > > Adam W. Warner
            > > http://wordpressmodder.org
            > > http://videobloggingreview.com
            > >
            > > ________________________________

          • Roxanne Darling
            Message 5 of 10 , May 29, 2008
              Susan - I like those pulldowns at the top for categories and archives -
              great for sites like yours that are deep with content.
              Rox

              We hacked the vertigo-based theme from Brian Gardner on Beach Walks, and,
              are working on a re-do as I speak. Vertigo Blue
              Theme<http://www.vertigotheme.com/styles/vertigo-blue-wordpress-theme.htm>

              Aloha,

              Rox

              On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Susan <kitykity@...> wrote:

              > Here's my new one that I've been working on...
              > http://vlog.kitykity.com

              > "Adam Quirk" <quirk@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > http://wreckandsalvage.com/ is a custom Wordpress theme. You can
              > make WP do
              > > just about anything with a little CSS and DIVs.
              > >
              > > On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Adam Warner <awarner20@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > > I am one of the creators of this theme...
              > > >

              > http://wordpressmodder.org/video-producer-double-feature-wordpress-theme-series-release-158.html
              > > >
              > > > And the themes here are beautiful...
              > > > http://www.wpelements.com/
              > > >
              > > > Hope this helps your search:)
              > > >

              > > > Adam W. Warner
              > > > http://wordpressmodder.org
              > > > http://videobloggingreview.com
              > > >
              > > > ________________________________

              Roxanne Darling
              Join us at the reef! Mermaid videos, geeks talking, and lots more
              http://reef.beachwalks.tv
              808-384-5554
              Video --> http://www.beachwalks.tv
              Company -- > http://www.barefeetstudios.com
              Twitter--> http://www.twitter.com/roxannedarling

            • Andrew Darlow
              Message 6 of 10 , May 29, 2008
                Hi Susan:

                I really like your theme!

                The screen grabs on the right with the little play buttons are very
                cool and different.

                The two-column layout with the screen shot when looking through the
                categories is also very nice.

                Here are a few suggestions:

                I'm curious why all the videos are not embedded inside the page. You
                might want to embed them for a cleaner look.
                It would also be helpful to be able to navigate to a page with all of
                your videos listed (even just a text description of each one).
                Basically, a "video archive."

                All the best,

                Andrew
                Andrew Darlow
                Editor, The Imaging Buffet
                http://www.imagingbuffet.com
                Author, 301 Inkjet Tips and Techniques:
                An Essential Printing Resource for Photographers - http://
                www.inkjettips.com

                On May 29, 2008, at 4:58 PM, Susan wrote:

                > Here's my new one that I've been working on...
                > http://vlog.kitykity.com
                >
                > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Quirk" <quirk@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > http://wreckandsalvage.com/ is a custom Wordpress theme. You can
                > make WP do
                > > just about anything with a little CSS and DIVs.
                > >
                > > On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Adam Warner <awarner20@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > > I am one of the creators of this theme...
                > > >

                > http://wordpressmodder.org/video-producer-double-feature-wordpress-
                > theme-series-release-158.html
                > > >
                > > > And the themes here are beautiful...
                > > > http://www.wpelements.com/
                > > >
                > > > Hope this helps your search:)
                > > >

                > > > Adam W. Warner
                > > > http://wordpressmodder.org
                > > > http://videobloggingreview.com
                > > >
                > > > ________________________________
                > > >

                > > >.

              • leesarbarnes
                Message 7 of 10 , May 29, 2008
                  How delicious! Thanks all for posting your themes. It's giving me some
                  ideas for my client. I really like the 2 column design as well. And I
                  really like seeing the thumbnails of past episode appear in the right
                  column in Susan's design which makes total sense.

                  Rox, can you repost your link? I went to
                  http://www.vertigotheme.com/styles/vertigo-blue-wordpress-theme.htm
                  but got a buy this domain page. Would love to see what you got.

                  There's a market for premium Wordpress video themes. There aren't alot
                  out there and video podcasters do have unique requirements.

                  I could modify an existing theme (as someone said earlier, can't see
                  the name right now), but because time is always an issue, I'd much
                  prefer to pay to download a premium design from a marketplace of
                  themes specific to video podcasting. But I'd love to see more than 5
                  themes.

                  If someone on this list decides to produce premium video Wordpress
                  themes and make it a business, let me know. I'm always looking for
                  unique podcasting for profit ideas ;)

                  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Darlow <ad@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Susan:
                  >
                  > I really like your theme!
                  >
                  > The screen grabs on the right with the little play buttons are very
                  > cool and different.
                  >
                  > The two-column layout with the screen shot when looking through the
                  > categories is also very nice.
                  >
                  > Here are a few suggestions:
                  >
                  > I'm curious why all the videos are not embedded inside the page. You
                  > might want to embed them for a cleaner look.
                  > It would also be helpful to be able to navigate to a page with all of
                  > your videos listed (even just a text description of each one).
                  > Basically, a "video archive."
                  >
                  > All the best,
                  >
                  > Andrew
                  > Andrew Darlow
                  > Editor, The Imaging Buffet
                  > http://www.imagingbuffet.com
                  > Author, 301 Inkjet Tips and Techniques:
                  > An Essential Printing Resource for Photographers - http://
                  > www.inkjettips.com
                  >

                  > On May 29, 2008, at 4:58 PM, Susan wrote:
                  >
                  > > Here's my new one that I've been working on...
                  > > http://vlog.kitykity.com
                  > >
                  > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Quirk" <quirk@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > http://wreckandsalvage.com/ is a custom Wordpress theme. You can
                  > > make WP do
                  > > > just about anything with a little CSS and DIVs.

                  > > http://wordpressmodder.org/video-producer-double-feature-wordpress-
                  > > theme-series-release-158.html

                • Roxanne Darling
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 30, 2008
                    Here is the direct link to the developer. Looks like his old link is indeed
                    dead.http://www.briangardner.com/
                    http://www.briangardner.com/themes/vertigo-wordpress-theme.htm

                    here is our site, the modified version of theme previously known as Vertigo
                    http://www.beachwalks.tv

                    Aloha,

                    Rox

                  • Doug Sapp
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 5, 2008
                      Hello,

                      I purchased one of the themes, Video Elements, but I do not know how to use
                      it or how to plug it in. Can you help me?
                      _,___

                      --
                      Thank You
                      Doug Sapp

                      Sapp DV Films SDVOB
                      Office: 1 (509) 983-4058
                      Cell: (509) 520-5438

                      Sapp DV Films is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned small business. (SDVOSB)

                    • Robin Harford
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 5, 2008
                        > I purchased one of the themes, Video Elements, but I do not know how to use
                        > it or how to plug it in. Can you help me?

                        Doug

                        Try these tutorials...

                        http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+install+a+wordpress+theme&search_type=&aq=f

                        Best