Nuns denied a vote in Indiana

  • Jason Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 5 , May 6, 2008
      Last week I wrote about a Supreme Court decision that permitted an
      Indiana law to required voters present a photo ID in order vote in
      state elections. I thought a story like this would make good video.
      It came true. A group of nuns in the 80s and 90s, including a 98 year-
      old nun were denied their right to vote for not having a picture ID.

      http://tinyurl.com/5nkv5s

    • Lisa Rein
      Message 2 of 5 , May 6, 2008
        Hey guys,

        I'm working here with my team mates on our little stanford peace project,
        and we're wondering what the best site web-based remixer is - if any ever
        got beyond the kind of fairly-usable versions that existed a year or two
        ago.

        For instance, jumpcut is OK - but seems to still be kind of slow.

        I'm asking because we're trying to determine what the best site is for
        hosting all of the little peace clips -- to have them in one place. These
        can be edited together - by us and others. So we need them all in one
        place.

        A web based remixer would be a nice touch - if one is out there that
        really works.

        thanks in advance!

        time is of the essence! :-)

        lisa
      • Lisa Rein
        Message 3 of 5 , May 7, 2008
          hey are there no answers to this because nobody knows? or nobody cares? :-)

          thanks!

          lisa

          > Hey guys,
          >
          > I'm working here with my team mates on our little stanford peace project,
          > and we're wondering what the best site web-based remixer is - if any ever
          > got beyond the kind of fairly-usable versions that existed a year or two
          > ago.
          >
          > For instance, jumpcut is OK - but seems to still be kind of slow.
          >
          > I'm asking because we're trying to determine what the best site is for
          > hosting all of the little peace clips -- to have them in one place. These
          > can be edited together - by us and others. So we need them all in one
          > place.
          >
          > A web based remixer would be a nice touch - if one is out there that
          > really works.
          >
          > thanks in advance!
          >
          > time is of the essence! :-)
          >
          > lisa

          Lisa Rein

          http://onlisareinsradar.com
          http://www.lisarein.com
        • Irina
          Message 4 of 5 , May 7, 2008
            holy canoli!

            On 5/6/08, Jason Rosenberg <jarosenberg@...> wrote:

            > Last week I wrote about a Supreme Court decision that permitted an
            > Indiana law to required voters present a photo ID in order vote in
            > state elections. I thought a story like this would make good video.
            > It came true. A group of nuns in the 80s and 90s, including a 98 year-
            > old nun were denied their right to vote for not having a picture ID.
            >
            > http://tinyurl.com/5nkv5s

            http://geekentertainment.tv

          • Kath O'Donnell
            Message 5 of 5 , May 7, 2008
              a friend was collating a few sites for this type of project @
              http://agarton.wordpress.com/2007/08/20/editing-video-online/ if this
              helps.
              if they're short clips maybe flickr? create a flickr group & go from there

              --
              http://www.aliak.com